MrBean

Jrue Holiday 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Jrue has been leading my team this year. Great production however, I'm concerned about his usage rate once E. Payton comes back which should be sometime in the next couple games. Will Jrue's production decrease significantly? Worth selling high while we can?

Edited by CheeseUgly

3 hours ago, CheeseUgly said:

Jrue has been leading my team this year. Great production however, I'm concerned about his usage rate once E. Payton comes back which should be sometime in the next couple games. Will Jrue's production decrease significantly? Worth selling high while we can?

I would hold as I don't think it will drop significantly.  His assists likely will somewhat, but Payton is not a big scorer, so his shots should continue to be there for the most part.  Jrue should still be one of the top PGs in fantasy regardless of Payton.

• Thanks 1

Anybody else worried about his production so far since Elf returned? His usage dropped from 25% in nov-dec to 19% so far

12 hours ago, ellejamil said:

Anybody else worried about his production so far since Elf returned? His usage dropped from 25% in nov-dec to 19% so far

It was inevitable that he was going to take somewhat of a hit once Payton returned, especially in Assists.  Maybe not quite as much of a hit as he's taken so far (under 5 per game in the last week), but otherwise the only category that has dropped off as well is PPG.  That's still at a quality level, and obviously his defensive stats were never going to change (ignoring the drop-off in Blocks which will happen from time to time with Guards).

In other words, I'm not concerned or looking to move him.  He's still providing stats that put him up there amongst the best PGs in the league.

On 1/13/2019 at 4:08 AM, KilloWertz said:

It was inevitable that he was going to take somewhat of a hit once Payton returned, especially in Assists.  Maybe not quite as much of a hit as he's taken so far (under 5 per game in the last week), but otherwise the only category that has dropped off as well is PPG.  That's still at a quality level, and obviously his defensive stats were never going to change (ignoring the drop-off in Blocks which will happen from time to time with Guards).

In other words, I'm not concerned or looking to move him.  He's still providing stats that put him up there amongst the best PGs in the league.

I wasn't really expecting his assists to be sustainable, but I also didn't think the dropoff in PPG was going to be this significant. Instead I was expecting him to be more efficient, especially with his 3s. I'm hoping this is an adjustment period with Payton back.

21 hours ago, ellejamil said:

I wasn't really expecting his assists to be sustainable, but I also didn't think the dropoff in PPG was going to be this significant. Instead I was expecting him to be more efficient, especially with his 3s. I'm hoping this is an adjustment period with Payton back.

He proved on Saturday after I made that post that he's still going to perform at a high level.  Well, that and the fact that he still was even before the 25 point game.

I wouldn't bother getting worked up about his situation and just continue to roll him out there.

• Thanks 1

Pelicans' playoff schedule is less than ideal. What's the trade market like for Jrue out there? Or players with more or less the same stats and just +/-1 round draft deviation from his ADP? I can only think of Kyrie