MrBean

Jrue Holiday 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Hey guys! I am just curious about your insights regarding Jrue this season. Last season was only the second time he played 81 games (played 82 games 2010-2011 in Philly as per Basketball Reference) with 19.0 pts, 4.5 rebs, 6.0 asts, 1.5 3s, 1.5 stls, 0.8 blks, 2.6 TOs, 49.4 FG% and 78.6 FT%. 

With the addition of Julius Randle and Elfrid Payton, do you think his stats is going to be impacted?

PS: If there's already a similar post regarding Jrue, please advise so I can delete this post. Thank you and have fun!

19 minutes ago, PAX said:

Hey guys! I am just curious about your insights regarding Jrue this season. Last season was only the second time he played 81 games (played 82 games 2010-2011 in Philly as per Basketball Reference) with 19.0 pts, 4.5 rebs, 6.0 asts, 1.5 3s, 1.5 stls, 0.8 blks, 2.6 TOs, 49.4 FG% and 78.6 FT%. 

With the addition of Julius Randle and Elfrid Payton, do you think his stats is going to be impacted?

PS: If there's already a similar post regarding Jrue, please advise so I can delete this post. Thank you and have fun!

Straight up weapon. He is going to beast it this year. I think he could easily hit 20ppg or more this season, maybe a little hit in dimes (5-5.5), but everything else the same or better. Targeting heavily at the turn of 2 and 3

• Like 3

I was an owner of Jrue last season. He was a monster.

His real value to owners is his work on defensive side of the ball. Those STL and block numbers are amazing from the SG position. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Jake the snake said:

Straight up weapon. He is going to beast it this year. I think he could easily hit 20ppg or more this season, maybe a little hit in dimes (5-5.5), but everything else the same or better. Targeting heavily at the turn of 2 and 3

I think he wont even have a hit in assists. Last year rondo had the balls in his hands because he is one of the best passing pg's of all time. Elfrid Payton? ehhh not so much. Jrue should have plenty of time with the ball in his hands to see increased assists and points this year. Should be top 20 value again.

Prediction: 22.5 points/ 6.4 assists/ 4.3 rebounds/ 2.1 steals/ 0.8 blocks/ 1.8 threes/ 48 FG%/ 81 FT% in 34 mins a game.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Jake the snake said:

Thanks to Cousins for jumping ship to the Dubs. I hope he can hit that 20 ppg! Will target him in 2nd round.

22 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

His real value to owners is his work on defensive side of the ball. Those STL and block numbers are amazing from the SG position. 

Thanks for the insight. His stls is the one I badly need for the team I'm planning to get in the draft :)

48 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

28 minutes ago, PaddyAustralia said:

I think he wont even have a hit in assists. Last year rondo had the balls in his hands because he is one of the best passing pg's of all time. Elfrid Payton? ehhh not so much. Jrue should have plenty of time with the ball in his hands to see increased assists and points this year. Should be top 20 value again.

Prediction: 22.5 points/ 6.4 assists/ 4.3 rebounds/ 2.1 steals/ 0.8 blocks/ 1.8 threes/ 48 FG%/ 81 FT% in 34 mins a game.

1 hour ago, Jake the snake said:

You guys don't think defensive stats are a fluke ? I mean... steal are good but blocks are kind high... + more offensive duties...

image.png.1d831c80a32a3bb55c034a5b5d6d79be.png 

Edited by Stefan
  • Haha 1

Yeah I'll reign it in a little. I predict:

20.5/4.8/5.5/1.6/0.7, 47.5/79%, 2.5 TOs, 1.6 triples 

There is upside on that, but that is still quite a positive prediction. I think he'll do it though if he stays healthy. I think the blocks are pretty real - he is long and athletic. Good defender.

He was huge for me down the stretch last year, and with Rondo and Cousins gone, I think he'll be even better as the 2nd option. I'm not worried about Randle and Payton at all. They're mediocre players at best and will not be taking any touches away from Jrue. Best thing about this guy is that he doesn't hurt you anywhere. His %s are elite for a guard, defensive stats are awesome and he contributes heavily in pts/reb/ast. Last year he was pretty much like Gary Harris on steroids lol. 

He's actually been fairly underrated the past couple of years but most people will likely be targeting him in the turn of the 2nd and 3rd rounds this time around.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ROTY said:

You are dreaming with that prediction. They're first round numbers. 

haha, maybe the steals are bold but post all star break he averaged 20, 7, 5 1.7, 1 on 50% FG and 78% FT, i don't think its too bold a prediction if he is getting more touches without rondo there. However we will need to see what randles role is in the offence first.

18 minutes ago, PaddyAustralia said:

haha, maybe the steals are bold but post all star break he averaged 20, 7, 5 1.7, 1 on 50% FG and 78% FT, i don't think its too bold a prediction if he is getting more touches without rondo there. However we will need to see what randles role is in the offence first.

IDK man... that's kinda Oladipo territory... :D  

20p, 4.7a, 4.9r, 3s, 0.7b, 46%, 76% - post all star

I'd take him over Jrue :D  ? You ?

Edited by Stefan
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Stefan said:

IDK man... that's kinda Oladipo territory... :D  

20p, 4.7a, 4.9r, 3s, 0.7b, 46%, 76% - post all star

I'd take him over Jrue :D  ? You ?

Of course! Oladipo is my boi! However i don't think its crazy to think holiday can improve on his bet season to date! His 22.9% usg rate for a top tier player like himself seems a bit low, players like DSJ and Reggie Jackson had 28 and 27% usg rates respectively last year. So if he can bump up his usg rate to maybe 26-28% i dont think my prediction becomes too absurd haha! I think maybe the steals i predicted are a bit high but everything else is easily achievable. I know he doesn't need to be a high usage player to be effective, but considering his talent i don't see why Gentry doesn't use Holiday more.

And on the post all star stats, i think steals (and blocks) are easily one of the most sought after stats and i think they are very valuable, so even though holiday averaged more assists; besides that both players had near identical stats; id be taking Oladipo and his elite steals and above average 3s!

BTW, had Holiday and Oladipo last year and i never lost in steals or blocks (paired with Capela and Gobert), they are incredible defensive guards.

• Like 1

His 50% FG seems extremely high and away from his career norms. If that falls back to the 45% range that takes a lot of his value away.

I do agree he has always been undervalued in fantasy but i'd temper expectations this year, specifically in terms of his FG % and points. Whether or not Randle is mediocre doesn't really matter. He'll be soaking up a lot of Okafor's lost minutes, a guy who virtually did nothing on offense. 

Edited by FantasyBallFan
  • Like 2

On 19/09/2018 at 10:23 AM, Jake the snake said:

Yeah I'll reign it in a little. I predict:

20.5/4.8/5.5/1.6/0.7, 47.5/79%, 2.5 TOs, 1.6 triples 

There is upside on that, but that is still quite a positive prediction. I think he'll do it though if he stays healthy. I think the blocks are pretty real - he is long and athletic. Good defender.

Looks very similar to middletons line and projections. Better to take Middleton in the early 3rd over jrue in the 2nd. Get out of position assists that way not so far off jrues assists?  Points rebs steals nearly identical. Percentages very close as well with Middleton better because of ft%. More 3s for Middleton as well.

Just something to consider

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, richg24 said:

Looks very similar to middletons line and projections. Better to take Middleton in the early 3rd over jrue in the 2nd. Get out of position assists that way not so far off jrues assists?  Points rebs steals nearly identical. Percentages very close as well with Middleton better because of ft%. More 3s for Middleton as well.

I think he is a little better than Middleton, but its close. Dimes, Fg%, blks, and probably points without boogie all go to Jrue. Jrue definitely has more upside, but you're probably right middleton is probably safer. They are pretty close in the rankings, late 2nd for Jrue, early 3rd for Middleton. It really just depends where you are drafting. "Better to take Middleton in the early 3rd over jrue in the 2nd." sure if you had two picks at the turn of the 2nd/3rd maybe. All in all I think its fair to rank Jrue a head of Middleton and get which ever you can if you are at the turn of the 2nd/3rd...Its not like they are ranked (or shouldn't be) miles apart and you can grab middleton a few rounds later. They should get drafted pretty close together

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jake the snake said:

I think he is a little better than Middleton, but its close. Dimes, Fg%, blks, and probably points without boogie all go to Jrue. Jrue definitely has more upside, but you're probably right middleton is probably safer. They are pretty close in the rankings, late 2nd for Jrue, early 3rd for Middleton. It really just depends where you are drafting. "Better to take Middleton in the early 3rd over jrue in the 2nd." sure if you had two picks at the turn of the 2nd/3rd maybe. All in all I think its fair to rank Jrue a head of Middleton and get which ever you can if you are at the turn of the 2nd/3rd...Its not like they are ranked (or shouldn't be) miles apart and you can grab middleton a few rounds later. They should get drafted pretty close together

Good thing I got Middleton in early 3rd and now trying to trade my Kyrie to someone's Jrue :)

2 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

don't forget bucks playoff schedule is better than pelicans,middleton will play more game than holiday at that time

Edited by kane

4 hours ago, richg24 said:

Getting out of position assists is not as easy as you think.

Down the rounds you will finds assists yes, but mostly in players that will offset TOs and FG%.

Jrues ast/to ratio is not something you can replace, on the other side you can easily find 3s late in the draft.

In my book Jrue is undeniably a better pick even in the late 2nd round compared to Middleton in the 3rd.

Edited by dekciw_1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, dekciw_1 said:

Down the rounds you will finds assists yes, but mostly in players that will offset TOs and FG%.

Jrues ast/to ratio is not something you can replace, on the other side you can easily find 3s late in the draft.

In my book Jrue is undeniably a better pick even in the late 2nd round compared to Middleton in the 3rd.

I mean it's all relative to who else is available at the time you would be picking Jrue in the late 2nd, vs. Middleton in the 3rd. For example, maybe if you were able to pass on Jrue in the 2nd you could get a big man like Embiid, then if you miss on Jrue hope that Middleton is there in the 3rd for you. 

I just think that both Jrue and Middleton are much better 3rd round picks than 2nd round, and if you can take someone better or with a higher ceiling in the 2nd, it may make sense to do that and miss on Jrue, because you can get Middleton who is quite similar the next round.

All of that may be untrue and in your draft Middleton could go late 2nd and Jrue early 3rd, who knows, we are just speculating. My only real point is that numbers wise, at least from last season, Middleton and Jrue are very very similar so missing on one, you can hopefully get the other if you are in need of those types of guard stats. 

2 hours ago, dekciw_1 said:

1 hour ago, richg24 said:

I mean it's all relative to who else is available at the time you would be picking Jrue in the late 2nd, vs. Middleton in the 3rd. For example, maybe if you were able to pass on Jrue in the 2nd you could get a big man like Embiid, then if you miss on Jrue hope that Middleton is there in the 3rd for you. 

I just think that both Jrue and Middleton are much better 3rd round picks than 2nd round, and if you can take someone better or with a higher ceiling in the 2nd, it may make sense to do that and miss on Jrue, because you can get Middleton who is quite similar the next round.

All of that may be untrue and in your draft Middleton could go late 2nd and Jrue early 3rd, who knows, we are just speculating. My only real point is that numbers wise, at least from last season, Middleton and Jrue are very very similar so missing on one, you can hopefully get the other if you are in need of those types of guard stats. 

It's close but Jrue also gets nearly a block a game from the guard spot, about double what Middleton gets.  If you have an early pick you MIGHT be able to get Middleton back to you in the 3rd.  Jrue is easily gone in the second round unless its a 10 team league.  

• Like 3

M m m mm mmm

sweet Hesus Lord Christ I'm sooooo HYPED about this guy ! ! ! 

GOTTA have him in my team.

So my 2nd round dilemma

Rank them: PG, Dipo, Holiday, Kawhi ????????????

Edited by Stefan

52 minutes ago, Stefan said:

So my 2nd round dilemma

Rank them: PG, Dipo, Holiday, Kawhi ????????????

Kawhi, PG, Dipo, Holiday

Kawhi cause he is a top 5 player in the league. Then PG because he will have more touches and opportunity to shine with Melo out of town. Dipo next as if last year is anything to go off, he should be a borderline 1st round player (him and PG are interchangeable, i have PG higher becasue of the elite 3 pointers and scoring potential). Holiday last because he will be a top 25 player this year but even if he produces better than last year, he still won't be as good as the other 3.

This is obviously an opinion but hope it helped mate! :)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, PaddyAustralia said:

Kawhi, PG, Dipo, Holiday

Kawhi cause he is a top 5 player in the league. Then PG because he will have more touches and opportunity to shine with Melo out of town. Dipo next as if last year is anything to go off, he should be a borderline 1st round player (him and PG are interchangeable, i have PG higher becasue of the elite 3 pointers and scoring potential). Holiday last because he will be a top 25 player this year but even if he produces better than last year, he still won't be as good as the other 3.

This is obviously an opinion but hope it helped mate! :)

An opinion I actually completely agree with. 

:) 

• Like 2