MrBean

Jrue Holiday 2018-2019 Season Outlook

On 01/10/2018 at 9:03 AM, PaddyAustralia said:

Kawhi, PG, Dipo, Holiday

Kawhi cause he is a top 5 player in the league. Then PG because he will have more touches and opportunity to shine with Melo out of town. Dipo next as if last year is anything to go off, he should be a borderline 1st round player (him and PG are interchangeable, i have PG higher becasue of the elite 3 pointers and scoring potential). Holiday last because he will be a top 25 player this year but even if he produces better than last year, he still won't be as good as the other 3.

This is obviously an opinion but hope it helped mate! :)

But would you choose Jrue over Middleton? Just curious hihihi

20 minutes ago, PAX said:

Why wouldnt you pick Jrue over Middleton?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PAX said:

It really depends man. If you are looking for more defensive stats than Jrue for sure but if its 3s than you go Middleton. If it was a blind pick then you pick Jrue cause if he can keep his elite %'s this year he will take another step for sure. In my opinion they are very similar in how good they are, however Jrue has the better opportunity to shine as the clear 2nd option in New Orleans whereas Middleton and Bledsoe are pretty similar in usage.

Pick Jrue my man, he is also much more interesting to watch.

The one thing I didn't hear yet is the impact of Rondo leaving. Rondo gets everyone a ton of easier looks. I expect Holiday's FG% to regress back to the 46/47% range. Randle helps a little, but if Holiday goes back to the 45% or 43% from the previous years, a lot of owners are going to be unhappy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deadshot said:

The one thing I didn't hear yet is the impact of Rondo leaving. Rondo gets everyone a ton of easier looks. I expect Holiday's FG% to regress back to the 46/47% range. Randle helps a little, but if Holiday goes back to the 45% or 43% from the previous years, a lot of owners are going to be unhappy.

Not if his assists go higher.

I don’t think I’ll be disappointed if hits 45% bc i didn’t draft him for that.  I have him as a keeper in auction league very cheap ($12) bc I bought him that year he was out.  And of the my leagues that have already drafted i have him in all of them.  If you draft Holiday it’s for defensive stats.  Even though I like him I’m not as high on his scoring potential as most and don’t think he will exceed 20ppg.  Historically his scoring was in the teens and if his scoring is in the teens and he’s getting 3-4 of that from ft I don’t think falling from 49% to 46% FT will drop him more than half a round.  What you draft him for is st3cks: 1.5 spg/1.5 3pg/.6 bpg.  He’s also a 5+ APG and that may go up without Rondo.  His RPG is also excellent for a guard.  My prediction: 16 ppg/6 apg/5rpg with 1.5 spg/1.5 3pg/.6 bpg.  He’s one of a few players who can exceed the median in every counting stat.  I’m targeting him and Bledsoe fairly aggressively. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

I don’t think I’ll be disappointed if hits 45% bc i didn’t draft him for that.  I have him as a keeper in auction league very cheap ($12) bc I bought him that year he was out.  And of the my leagues that have already drafted i have him in all of them.  If you draft Holiday it’s for defensive stats.  Even though I like him I’m not as high on his scoring potential as most and don’t think he will exceed 20ppg.  Historically his scoring was in the teens and if his scoring is in the teens and he’s getting 3-4 of that from ft I don’t think falling from 49% to 46% FT will drop him more than half a round.  What you draft him for is st3cks: 1.5 spg/1.5 3pg/.6 bpg.  He’s also a 5+ APG and that may go up without Rondo.  His RPG is also excellent for a guard.  My prediction: 16 ppg/6 apg/5rpg with 1.5 spg/1.5 3pg/.6 bpg.  He’s one of a few players who can exceed the median in every counting stat.  I’m targeting him and Bledsoe fairly aggressively. 

Nah man... no way... 
He's l e g i t 20+PPG 
Easy money

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Nah man... no way... 
He's l e g i t 20+PPG 
Easy money

Always possible because he hit that last season and now they don’t have cousins. On the other hand, he has historically scored in the teens.  I don’t view him as a volume scorer rather I view him as a good defensive point who distributes well and scores if NEEDED.  Now if they need him to score, which they might, be has proven he can.  But he’d rather distribute.  He’s reminiscent of CP3 in that way.  The other consideration is that without both rondo and cousins either assists or points has to go up because if he’s not doing one he’s doing the other.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Croorc said:

Where would you target him in 10 people 9cat league? Is 29th pick too early or a steal?

You target him late 2nd early 3rd round. His upside is top 15 and floor top 50 so its a pretty easy steal at 29.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, PaddyAustralia said:

It really depends man. If you are looking for more defensive stats than Jrue for sure but if its 3s than you go Middleton. If it was a blind pick then you pick Jrue cause if he can keep his elite %'s this year he will take another step for sure. In my opinion they are very similar in how good they are, however Jrue has the better opportunity to shine as the clear 2nd option in New Orleans whereas Middleton and Bledsoe are pretty similar in usage.

Pick Jrue my man, he is also much more interesting to watch.

Thank you so much. Will definitely pick Jrue. (hopefully haha)

• Haha 1

Just now, richg24 said:

Do you take him before kyrie in the 2nd round?

My god yes you do! Kyrie shouldnt be drafted til late 3rd in my opinion, he is great when healthy and when he plays, but will certainly be rested late so he can be 100% for playoffs. Jrue is a very underrated player still even though people are drafting him in the 2nd.

29 minutes ago, PaddyAustralia said:

My god yes you do! Kyrie shouldnt be drafted til late 3rd in my opinion, he is great when healthy and when he plays, but will certainly be rested late so he can be 100% for playoffs. Jrue is a very underrated player still even though people are drafting him in the 2nd.

Late third? Is this a joke?

Depends on your risk appetite. Jrue for the safety but Irving for the upside.

1 minute ago, Kamura said:

Nah not a joke. Celtics are my team and i love Kyrie, i know he is the vocal point of the offence but with Hayward back and Boston having the 6 headed monster to feed, i don't see him doing as good as last year. That with the rest factor, i don't take him til late 3rd.

3 minutes ago, Kamura said:

Agreed. Kyrie should still be drafted late 2nd. Health issues but so does Butler, Lowry, Love.

Kyrie should definitely NOT leave the 2nd round. Are we just going to ignore Jrue's extensive injury history or take 1 healthy season to make a judgement call? Kyrie will eat all day long. He is the #1 guy in Boston.. if anyone gets less food on their plate, it's every other guy on the team. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ROTY said:

Kyrie should definitely NOT leave the 2nd round. Are we just going to ignore Jrue's extensive injury history or take 1 healthy season to make a judgement call? Kyrie will eat all day long. He is the #1 guy in Boston.. if anyone gets less food on their plate, it's every other guy on the team. 

The difference is it is his knees. They aren't a joke. He has the knees of a 40 year old. And they have rozier. I think kyrie will be really limited in mins and I am still very concerned about him getting through the season. I'd love to draft him and cp3 on the mid-to-late 2nd with confidence. But I just can't... They scare me. Much more than Jrue looks like he is in his physical prime. 

34 minutes ago, Jake the snake said:

The difference is it is his knees. They aren't a joke. He has the knees of a 40 year old. And they have rozier. I think kyrie will be really limited in mins and I am still very concerned about him getting through the season. I'd love to draft him and cp3 on the mid-to-late 2nd with confidence. But I just can't... They scare me. Much more than Jrue looks like he is in his physical prime. 

So are you taking butler in the 3rd then? Or embiid? You're not because they both have 1st round upside and so does kyrie (more late 1st very early 2nd). You gotta roll the dice if the values there

Butler again i would like to take but his situation is a worry. He is end of second. Embiid is at the turn. He is a specimen. And last year showed he was through his foot issues. Still has a little injury cloud but he is in his physical prime too.

I just don't see the 1st round upside with kyrie. He isn't going to get enough mins to reach the first if healthy and he doesn't give you enough rbs, dimes or steals to make there on low mins like CP3 can (but he is in the same injury/rest scenario... Maybe worse). The efficiency is really nice as are the triples but there are better SAFER options I would rather take. And I'm not that into prioritising triples in the 1st/2nd where other hard to get stats are at a premium. Losing a second round pick can lose you a season having a second round pick stop 5 places or so can easily be made up elsewhere. I agree there is risk everywhere, but you have to look at the type of injury the need for extra burst and the teams need to protect him abs their depth to be able to do so. Jrue is going to get all the minds he can handle and could be a beast this year... Maybe he gets injured who knows, but that's my feeling on it anyway

Edited by Jake the snake
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, abythus said:

Jrue over Mitchell in h2h : PTS,RBD,AST,FG,STL,BLK,TOV ?

YES

I picked him over pg cause I drafted him too many times in my mocks. Can someone convince me I’m not a fncking idiot or should I kill myself now? B)

1. brow 3

2. Jrue 22 (missed PG)

3. Kemba 27 (missed Kyrie)

4. Tobias 

5. Horford

6. Otto

7. Milssap

8. Harris 

3 minutes ago, Walk with me said:

I picked him over pg cause I drafted him too many times in my mocks. Can someone convince me I’m not a fncking idiot or should I kill myself now? B)

1. brow 3

2. Jrue 22 (missed PG)

3. Kemba 27 (missed Kyrie)

4. Tobias 

5. Horford

6. Otto

7. Milssap

8. Harris 

You drafted Jrue over Paul George?

• Haha 1