MrBean

Jrue Holiday 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

Jrue has been leading my team this year. Great production however, I'm concerned about his usage rate once E. Payton comes back which should be sometime in the next couple games. Will Jrue's production decrease significantly? Worth selling high while we can?

Edited by CheeseUgly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CheeseUgly said:

Jrue has been leading my team this year. Great production however, I'm concerned about his usage rate once E. Payton comes back which should be sometime in the next couple games. Will Jrue's production decrease significantly? Worth selling high while we can?

I would hold as I don't think it will drop significantly.  His assists likely will somewhat, but Payton is not a big scorer, so his shots should continue to be there for the most part.  Jrue should still be one of the top PGs in fantasy regardless of Payton.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody else worried about his production so far since Elf returned? His usage dropped from 25% in nov-dec to 19% so far

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ellejamil said:

Anybody else worried about his production so far since Elf returned? His usage dropped from 25% in nov-dec to 19% so far

It was inevitable that he was going to take somewhat of a hit once Payton returned, especially in Assists.  Maybe not quite as much of a hit as he's taken so far (under 5 per game in the last week), but otherwise the only category that has dropped off as well is PPG.  That's still at a quality level, and obviously his defensive stats were never going to change (ignoring the drop-off in Blocks which will happen from time to time with Guards).

 

In other words, I'm not concerned or looking to move him.  He's still providing stats that put him up there amongst the best PGs in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2019 at 4:08 AM, KilloWertz said:

It was inevitable that he was going to take somewhat of a hit once Payton returned, especially in Assists.  Maybe not quite as much of a hit as he's taken so far (under 5 per game in the last week), but otherwise the only category that has dropped off as well is PPG.  That's still at a quality level, and obviously his defensive stats were never going to change (ignoring the drop-off in Blocks which will happen from time to time with Guards).

 

In other words, I'm not concerned or looking to move him.  He's still providing stats that put him up there amongst the best PGs in the league.

I wasn't really expecting his assists to be sustainable, but I also didn't think the dropoff in PPG was going to be this significant. Instead I was expecting him to be more efficient, especially with his 3s. I'm hoping this is an adjustment period with Payton back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ellejamil said:

I wasn't really expecting his assists to be sustainable, but I also didn't think the dropoff in PPG was going to be this significant. Instead I was expecting him to be more efficient, especially with his 3s. I'm hoping this is an adjustment period with Payton back.

He proved on Saturday after I made that post that he's still going to perform at a high level.  Well, that and the fact that he still was even before the 25 point game.

 

I wouldn't bother getting worked up about his situation and just continue to roll him out there.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pelicans' playoff schedule is less than ideal. What's the trade market like for Jrue out there? Or players with more or less the same stats and just +/-1 round draft deviation from his ADP? I can only think of Kyrie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an east coast Canadian, I don't get to see many NO games, or watch Jrue but they showed the game last night. 

 

He just plays at this speed - it looks like he's coasting but he has complete feel for the game. He can get to the rim for floaters at will, and is a solid shooter. 

 

He attacks the passing lanes and I think he can go on a nice run with AD out for a few days

 

but yes, the FT hurt  - coming from a beauty stat line

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why does he struggle so much with FT..its wierd. he used to shoot in the 80's not too long ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2019 at 7:32 PM, ellejamil said:

Pelicans' playoff schedule is less than ideal. What's the trade market like for Jrue out there? Or players with more or less the same stats and just +/-1 round draft deviation from his ADP? I can only think of Kyrie

 

I traded him and Buddy Hield for KAT. He is a great player to package with another for a superstar. I even kind of feel like I gave up too much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i don't understand why his FT % so bad this year. Hoping he can ball out with AD for couple weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, greatestmetfan said:

 

I traded him and Buddy Hield for KAT. He is a great player to package with another for a superstar. I even kind of feel like I gave up too much

This worked?? Huh. By the way I think Buddy Hield by himself could make the trade just right but if you factor in the Kings' playoff schedule, I wouldn't have been able to do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol at any moron who would accept hield and jrue for Towns. Taco league 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CheeseUgly said:

What's expected to change in his production, if anything at all, with AD out for a while? 

More shots, so more points.  Also obviously a rise in rebounds (not 10 like in his last game, but still).  His assists could also go back up to his pre-Payton level as well, or at least close to it.  No AD obviously = a lot of usage for others to soak up.

 

2 hours ago, Dapro said:

i don't understand why his FT % so bad this year. Hoping he can ball out with AD for couple weeks.

I don't know either.  It wasn't that bad really though until he lost it this month.  He's been pretty good otherwise, but it'd be nice if he could stop shooting around 50% from the line like he has been this month.

Edited by KilloWertz
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, taenggg said:

Lol at any moron who would accept hield and jrue for Towns. Taco league 

 

There's always one person like you that has to call out a league when you say a trade lol. I appreciate this forums consistency.

 

top 15 and top 40 for top 5 isn't all that crazy but that being said he offered it and I accepted w/o hesitation, didn't even check the stats. Hield has slightly more value in this league because it's a contract keeper league and I got him for 1$ in the draft so his keeper value is nice but the owner was feeling desperate because he's in last. Overall I agree a very poor decision by this owner to give me that trade.

 

The point though is that Jrue is a nice piece of a package deal for a superstar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The AD news might mean the other Pelicans are available too... I’d be very interested in Holiday and Mirotic especially if I were another team 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Boogie Buckets said:

The AD news might mean the other Pelicans are available too... I’d be very interested in Holiday and Mirotic especially if I were another team 

Ummm, no.  They aren't completely blowing up the team.  Granted trading Davis kills the franchise, but I still don't see a total rebuild.

 

Just enjoy owning one of the top PGs in the league regardless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jrue Holiday said Anthony Davis is "like 90 percent" the reason he stayed in New Orleans.

Fire up your trade machines. With Anthony Davis' future no longer in New Orleans, Holiday could follow him out the door and he won't have any shortage of suitors either. The 28-year-old PG is a star on both ends of the court and is owed $26.1M in 2019-20 and 2020-21 with a player option worth $27M in 2021-22. It's too soon to speculate on landing spots, but Holiday is certainly a name to watch for the Feb. 7 trade deadline. Deep-league owners should keep an eye on 20-year-old guard Frank Jackson if Holiday is moved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Jrue Holiday said Anthony Davis is "like 90 percent" the reason he stayed in New Orleans.

Fire up your trade machines. With Anthony Davis' future no longer in New Orleans, Holiday could follow him out the door and he won't have any shortage of suitors either. The 28-year-old PG is a star on both ends of the court and is owed $26.1M in 2019-20 and 2020-21 with a player option worth $27M in 2021-22. It's too soon to speculate on landing spots, but Holiday is certainly a name to watch for the Feb. 7 trade deadline. Deep-league owners should keep an eye on 20-year-old guard Frank Jackson if Holiday is moved.

Like I said in the Anthony Davis thread, that is basically people jumping to conclusions (especially the blurb writer).  He didn't say he wants traded, and whenever Davis is traded (likely next season), then it's Holiday's team.  Jrue also has a pretty big contract, so he'll be alright even when Davis is gone.  In other words, it'd be a shock of Holiday was traded.

Edited by KilloWertz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...