RedDogNamedClippers

Josh Richardson 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Finished Top 60 (#53) 

On a team that had Waiters and no Wade for half a season. Waiters won't be ready for the start of season, however Wade is coming back. How will Wade affect his usage, will he be in a coaching reserve role, or will Wade start and take minutes away from Richardson? Richardson did his damage with 33 minutes per game contributing in all stats.

If he gets the same amount of minutes I can see him trend up to 14ppg, finally get a block per game and hit 2.0 3's per game that should put him Top 40. However if he loses minutes then his value drops especially if Wade starts and when Waiters comes back.

What do you guys think?

1 hour ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Finished Top 60 (#53) 

On a team that had Waiters and no Wade for half a season. Waiters won't be ready for the start of season, however Wade is coming back. How will Wade affect his usage, will he be in a coaching reserve role, or will Wade start and take minutes away from Richardson? Richardson did his damage with 33 minutes per game contributing in all stats.

If he gets the same amount of minutes I can see him trend up to 14ppg, finally get a block per game and hit 2.0 3's per game that should put him Top 40. However if he loses minutes then his value drops especially if Wade starts and when Waiters comes back.

What do you guys think?

I'm worried about his shoot % and his durability. I think the other stats will consistently be there but his shooting has been crazy inconsistent in his career and also his game counts have been 52, 53, 81. Hopefully there will be more 70+ but I'm still concerned.

Wade will definitely effect his scoring. Especially since this is his final year; farewell tour. As a Heat fan, I really don't care as much as he's done. Wade can do whatever he wants. Not like we're gonna compete for a title or anything.

But usage doesn't effect steals and blocks, which he'll still get at an elite level.

As @krupocin pointed out, his percentages will be wildly inconsistent nightly. 

• Like 2

i think his going way high. his good for D but O his not worth it 

4 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Finished Top 60 (#53) 

What do you guys think?

Josh Richardson is the future.. they will get him the ball and still let him get at least 32mins.

I don't think Wade's final year will affect him too much since he's the cornerstone of the franchise now..unlike Hassan

I see him more of a top 60 value instead of top 40. He does have top 30 ceiling tho and get you that win for steals & blocks over a week H2H.

Edited by skyjogger13
  • Like 2

loved getting him off the waiver last year, now that i have to pay for him like after danny green did his 1/1/1 year i'd prob pass if price is too high. however jrich >> danny green

• Like 1

5 hours ago, brosephd said:

loved getting him off the waiver last year, now that i have to pay for him like after danny green did his 1/1/1 year i'd prob pass if price is too high. however jrich >> danny green

Ohh man ! I took Danny in like 3rd round that year (post 1+1+1)... what a MISTAKE ! 
But still won :rolleyes::rolleyes:

29 minutes ago, crock4343 said:

How do you guys think  Butler getting traded to Miami would affect Richardson's production?

or if he get traded to minnesota?  value up or down?

Miami has stated multiple times J Rich is untouchable in trades. The best thing would be they ship our Dragic and bring in Butler and J Rich be the full time pg

• Like 1

Why do I feel as if Josh Richardson's value is much more suited for people in roto leagues than Points based leagues.

Just seems like his ADP is being floated around much high than what it should be for those in Points based leagues.

Although I could be mistaken here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, crazybob60 said:

Why do I feel as if Josh Richardson's value is much more suited for people in roto leagues than Points based leagues.

Just seems like his ADP is being floated around much high than what it should be for those in Points based leagues.

Although I could be mistaken here.

You're correct.  He's a very attractive Roto target in the 50-60 range.  In a points league, he's not nearly as valuable.  I don't do points leagues but I'd imagine he's more of an 80-100 target.

• Like 1

I don’t think Wade’s farewell tour will impact him too much.  He’s one of those 3 and D players who you can get for less then what they rank on BBM bc they’re not volume scorers.  13/3/3 with 2 threes, 2 steals, and 1 block.  I prefer him to players such as RoCo as he has more upside, a bigger role, and more assists. As long as he’s not your starter (6th round and later) I would consider that a steal.  This is for 9 cat roto.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BoogieNights said:

You're correct.  He's a very attractive Roto target in the 50-60 range.  In a points league, he's not nearly as valuable.  I don't do points leagues but I'd imagine he's more of an 80-100 target.

Based on standard yahoo settings for Head to Head leagues J-Rich finished #33 in total stats and #55 in avg stats. You're saying he is going to regress this year? I dont think anyone will be able to draft him in the 80-100 range...

2 hours ago, BoogieNights said:

It varies. I'm going to be in two points leagues this season.

One of the leagues where steals and blocks are only worth 1 point, he's waiver wire fodder. In the other league where steals and blocks are worth 3 points each, he's top 30-40 easily.

2 hours ago, Packerguy55 said:

You're saying he is going to regress this year? I dont think anyone will be able to draft him in the 80-100 range...

Roto/H2H:  50-60 target

Standard Points Leagues:  80-100 target

• Like 1

If he goes to Minnesota where do we value him? Does he get the 38 mpg treatment from Thibs or the DNP-CD?  Are they deep enough to sit him?

1 hour ago, BoredSam said:

If he goes to Minnesota where do we value him? Does he get the 38 mpg treatment from Thibs or the DNP-CD?  Are they deep enough to sit him?

Of course he gets 30+ min per game, there is a reason Wolves are asking for him to be in a trade.   SG spot is open and he is better than Rose.

His assists might go down a bit, his percentages will probably go up.   No significant change in value if he gets traded.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Of course he gets 30+ min per game, there is a reason Wolves are asking for him to be in a trade.   SG spot is open and he is better than Rose.

His assists might go down a bit, his percentages will probably go up.   No significant change in value if he gets traded.

Yup. If he goes to Minnesota, big+ for his fantasy value. He'll have more minutes every game to pick up more of everything.

Points, rebs, steals, blocks, etc. Even if his assists go down a bit.

If he somehow stays in Miami while Butler comes to Miami... bad news for JRich

Edited by DavidbivaD

2 hours ago, DavidbivaD said:

If he somehow stays in Miami while Butler comes to Miami... bad news for JRich

Good news for owners is that this deal isn't happening without JRich being involved.  You gotta think this trade starts and ends with him.  So either he goes to MIN and gets the Thibs treatment (35+ mpg)  or stays put on a team that's been hyping him up all offseason.  Looking forward to a big year from him

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BoogieNights said:

Good news for owners is that this deal isn't happening without JRich being involved.  You gotta think this trade starts and ends with him.  So either he goes to MIN and gets the Thibs treatment (35+ mpg)  or stays put on a team that's been hyping him up all offseason.  Looking forward to a big year from him

This is true but if he gets traded he goes from being the best scorer on a team to the 2nd maybe even 3rd best scorer on the Wolves. If I owned him I would hope this trade doesn't happen.

5 hours ago, greatestmetfan said:

This is true but if he gets traded he goes from being the best scorer on a team to the 2nd maybe even 3rd best scorer on the Wolves. If I owned him I would hope this trade doesn't happen.

Have to disagree a little. It's he really the Best scorer? He plays on a deep team full of scoring options. The heat from night to night must be one of the most variable in terms of offensive focus in the league. The wolves have little depth. They need exactly his type of player. Essentially he is Jimmy butler lite. A guy that can create, defend and play off the ball. I agree with @BoogieNights a move to the wolves would open up big opportunities for him to expand his game and role 

Edited by Jake the snake
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, greatestmetfan said:

J.rich value not in scoring smh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El_Chingon said:

J.rich value not in scoring smh.

His value is in steals mainly and the blocks he gets as a guard is huge but he needs to score to maintain value.