fabrar

Klay Thompson 2018-2019 Season Outlook

I hope he comes back strong after this. He should be helping me with my percentages, not ruining it. :(

Guys he's averaging 0.8 3ptm per game, of couse he'll bounce back. He's one of the greatest 3pt shooters of all time lol. 

Smh at the Buddy Hield comment, this forum is a joke sometimes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chickenmane said:

Klay is easily one of the most overrated player in fantasy, he's a poor mans Buddy Hield 

tenor.gif?itemid=5656682

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chickenmane said:

Klay is easily one of the most overrated player in fantasy, he's a poor mans Buddy Hield 

Get your head checked

Put some respect on this mans name, he killed OKC as a franchise by himself

Edited by Boogie Buckets
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chickenmane said:

Basketball Monster rankings by total value:

2017/18 - 35

2016/17 - 26

2015/16 - 16

2014/15 - 5 (holy $hit!!)

2013/14 - 34

2012/13 - 40

Image result for underrated gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jake the snake said:

Basketball Monster rankings by total value:

2017/18 - 35

2016/17 - 26

2015/16 - 16

2014/15 - 5 (holy $hit!!)

2013/14 - 34

2012/13 - 40

Image result for underrated gif

I fail to see why past rankings are relevant as i'm only talking about this season (cough cousins, cough durant). Also any rankings are skewed when you don't ignore turnovers. Furthermore you may find that basketball monster agrees with me as they have Buddy Hield ranked 16 spots ahead of Klay in their projections and Klay outside of the top 70. The best thing about Klay is that you should be able to trade him for an actual quality player as there is an unending number of suckers (as evidenced by this thread) who don't know the difference between fantasy and real life basketball. 

Obviously Klay is a tremendous real life basketball player and much better than Buddy Hield, but the same cannot be said for fantasy basketball. 

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Boogie Buckets said:

Get your head checked

Put some respect on this mans name, he killed OKC as a franchise by himself

There a difference between real life and fantasy. Do you have any actual evidence as to why Klay should be expected to finish inside the top 50 this year?

1 hour ago, battaginlemon said:

Guys he's averaging 0.8 3ptm per game, of couse he'll bounce back. He's one of the greatest 3pt shooters of all time lol. 

Smh at the Buddy Hield comment, this forum is a joke sometimes

Basketball monster has Hield ranked 16 spots ahead of Klay in their projections so i'm not sure how much of joke it is. Outside of maybe fg% there isn't anything that Klay does significantly better than Hield (no not 3pt's) and Hield should be better in Rebounds, Asts, and ft%. To top it all off you can usually get Hield 5-6 rounds later than Klay. 

19 minutes ago, Chickenmane said:

I fail to see why past rankings are relevant as i'm only talking about this season (cough cousins, cough durant). Also any rankings are skewed when you don't ignore turnovers. Furthermore you may find that basketball monster agrees with me as they have Buddy Hield ranked 16 spots ahead of Klay in their projections and Klay outside of the top 70. The best thing about Klay is that you should be able to trade him for an actual quality player as there is an unending number of suckers (as evidenced by this thread) who don't know the difference between fantasy and real life basketball. 

Obviously Klay is a tremendous real life basketball player and much better than Buddy Hield, but the same cannot be said for fantasy basketball. 

He's played 3 games man?! I'm trying to buy low as we speak

15 minutes ago, Chickenmane said:

There a difference between real life and fantasy. Do you have any actual evidence as to why Klay should be expected to finish inside the top 50 this year?

Uh yeah, I consider Klay’s potential for efficiency, 3’s, points, lower turnovers, and most important of all consistent minutes and role to all be greater than Hields. Ft% is basically negligible between them considering its been close and they both barely shoot enough per game to make a difference, but Klay is already much better than Hield in that regard this year. Just because Klay started slow this season doesn’t mean he’s worse than Buddy lol, Buddy won’t shoot 55% all season, just like Klay won’t shoot this badly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jake the snake said:

He's played 3 games man?! I'm trying to buy low as we speak

I'm not basing my argument at all on his last 3 games. I would be saying the same thing before the season started. I'm saying there are valid reasons why sites like Basketball Monster have him projected well outside the top 50.

2 minutes ago, Boogie Buckets said:

Uh yeah, I consider Klay’s potential for efficiency, 3’s, points, lower turnovers, and most important of all consistent minutes and role to all be greater than Hields. Ft% is basically negligible between them considering its been close and they both barely shoot enough per game to make a difference, but Klay is already much better than Hield in that regard this year. Just because Klay started slow this season doesn’t mean he’s worse than Buddy lol, Buddy won’t shoot 55% all season, just like Klay won’t shoot this badly. 

My argument has nothing to do with Klay's last 3 games. I would agree that Klay is better than Hield in the Cats you listed, although the difference isn't very considerable. However, Hield is better in all the cats that you failed to mention. 

Edited by Chickenmane

Just now, Chickenmane said:

I'm not basing my argument at all on his last 3 games. I would be saying the same thing before the season started. I'm saying there are valid reasons why sites like Basketball Monster have him projected well outside the top 50.

I also feel like you’re underestimating the degree a coach as bad as Hield’s will effect his value. I’d rather be confident knowing Klay will get his every night compared to Buddy getting dicked around for 20 minutes some nights. 

9 minutes ago, Boogie Buckets said:

I also feel like you’re underestimating the degree a coach as bad as Hield’s will effect his value. I’d rather be confident knowing Klay will get his every night compared to Buddy getting dicked around for 20 minutes some nights. 

I'll admit that is a potential concern. It's just not something that i'm overly concerned with as I see Hield as one of the kings best players, and that he will be getting his fair share of min by the end of the year. I maybe wrong but I would much rather take the risk of Hield in 9th round as opposed to Klay in the 3rd or 4th. If I was a Klay owner I would wait until he puts few good games together and try to trade him for a top 50 player. 

Edited by Chickenmane

3 hours ago, Chickenmane said:

Um, not sure what 2 do with this. 

Just now, chud12 said:

Um, not sure what 2 do with this. 

I will admit that he maybe the most underrated nba player in real life, but I stand by what I said when it comes to his fantasy value. 

15 minutes ago, Chickenmane said:

I will admit that he maybe the most underrated nba player in real life, but I stand by what I said when it comes to his fantasy value. 

Your welcome to your own opinion here and I do agree Klay is quite overrated in fantasy but comparing him to Buddy is just disrespectful.  

Edited by chud12

7 minutes ago, chud12 said:

comparing him to Buddy is just disrespectful.  

I'm just curious as to how you are making that assessment? Are you also saying that Basketball Monster is horribly off base? Obviously BBmonster aren't gods but I do view their projections as the best in the business by a considerable margin. Last I checked they had Hield projected at 55 and Klay at 71. 

Edited by Chickenmane

12 minutes ago, Chickenmane said:

I'm just curious as to how you are making that assessment? Are you also saying that Basketball Monster is horribly off base? 

I don’t.  Maybe they finish close but it’s still disrespectful comparing the 2. Let’s see th

finish within 20 spots of each other this year and go from there. Your really underestimating how bad of a coach Dave Joerger is. 

Edited by chud12
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, chud12 said:

I don’t.  Maybe they finish close but it’s still disrespectful comparing the 2. Let’s see th

finish within 20 spots of each other this year and go from there. Your really underestimating how bad of a coach Dave Joerger is. 

Well Hield was ranked 21 spots higher than Klay the last 2 months of the season last year. 

1 minute ago, Chickenmane said:

Well Hield was ranked 21 spots higher than Klay the last 2 months of the season last year. 

Like I said we need a big sample size but I’m not totally disagreeing. It’s just well comparing Klay to Buddy, it’s strange lol. 

12 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Like I said we need a big sample size but I’m not totally disagreeing. It’s just well comparing Klay to Buddy, it’s strange lol. 

I guess I made the comparison for a few reason:

1.  I view them as similar players (fantasy wise)

2. To illustrate that Klay is vastly overrated because you can find similar production to him in the later part of the draft. 

• Like 1