Saucy

2019 Draft Steals

also really like mallex smith for steals. hes entering his prime at 25and has 35 steals with a respectable 780 OPS as of right now.  he gets caught stealing a lot but im guessing Tampa lets him run next year.  hes a legit 35 or even 40 SB guy if he gets his bb% over 10% which hes done in the minors

although his babip was 370 this year so im not sure a 300 avg is realistic

edit: holy crap i thought you meant steals as in stolen bases....not steals as in undervalued players.  LOL

Edited by jfazz23
  • Like 1

A couple of Pitchers - injured but assuming they both have a rotation spot of course should be cheap

Soroka 

Pineda

Candelario is an interesting bat should be dirt cheap he tailed off big time in the 2nd half but I think he has a pretty solid approach at the plate and was a good prospect with CHC a couple years back. Thing is he may have platoon issues I've noticed he has  significantly better numbers as a RHB v Lefties. But considering the bargain price he'll probably cost he's on the board I think. 

• Like 1

C: Mejia, Jansen, Astudillo

1B: Votto, Bell

2B: Altuve, McNeil, Wendle

3B: Donaldson, Turner, Myers

SS: Correa, Profar

OF: Pham, Pollock, Winker, Nimmo, Meadows

RP: Knebel, Leclerc

• Like 4

On 9/19/2018 at 7:23 PM, svdude said:

Curious to hear your expectations for Wendel.  I have him on my watch list and wondering why he stands out for you?

On 9/19/2018 at 11:01 PM, MathieuVirtuoso said:

Check out his second half K%

I think it's close to 10%. Makings of a great contact hitter with some pop + speed. 

Haven't gotten so far as '19 projection yet. But will be a solid MI when you need him.

Wheeler- great 2nd half

Profar- solid year and eligible everywhere

Andrus- missed a big part of the year and hasn't played well, bounce back candidate

Dee Gordon- really bad year for him

Desmond- 2nd half not bad

Brian Dozier- horrible FA year

Devers- was expecting more

Camargo- solid year for a young player

Ryu- solid since he's come back but has a bad injury history

Dahl- he should be a full time player next year

Taillon-really good 2nd half

Madbum- 2 subpar years but he's on a really bad team

Ramos- underrated hitting catcher

Starlin Castro- if he gets traded to a good team

Reynaldo Lopez- solid 2nd half

Vlad,jr and Eloy not sure what their ADP will be

Edited by azeri98
add
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

Wheeler- great 2nd half

Profar- solid year and eligible everywhere

Andrus- missed a big part of the year and hasn't played well, bounce back candidate

Dee Gordon- really bad year for him

Desmond- 2nd half not bad

Brian Dozier- horrible FA year

Devers- was expecting more

Camargo- solid year for a young player

Ryu- solid since he's come back but has a bad injury history

Dahl- he should be a full time player next year

Taillon-really good 2nd half

Madbum- 2 subpar years but he's on a really bad team

Ramos- underrated hitting catcher

Starlin Castro- if he gets traded to a good team

Reynaldo Lopez- solid 2nd half

Vlad,jr and Eloy not sure what their ADP will be

solid list

i think madbum is on the downside and same with dee gordon.  i think u can basically get dee gordon.  wont be touching either next year me thinks

I've invested in Ketel Marte in my 14 team dynasty as his numbers and periphials have improved each year. He is only 24. 

I also scooped up Jeimer Candelario who needs to cut down on the K's but has improved elsewhere as he gets older. 

I like the early signs of Cedric Mullins and Ramon Laureano.

I think Dylan Bundy can bounce back and Dinelson Lamet is someone to keep an eye on around the All Star break if he is able to return from TJ.

Miggy perhaps?  One more year of decent health for a swan song? 

• Like 3

On 9/20/2018 at 3:41 PM, kwolf68 said:

A guy I am really interested in next year: 

-Matt Strahm-Masterful for San Diego in relief duty this year. SD played it safe given he was coming off major knee injury. He looks the part. Can be a starter. That's the key. Does he go into the rotation? Also possible he'll be on innings limit again next year even if he starts. His stuff is legit.

Love this call. It's been reported they are going to use him as a starter next year. Austin Hedges is on record saying he has 4 plus pitches.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WahooManiac said:

Miggy perhaps?  One more year of decent health for a swan song? 

I still want to believe in Miggy. Maybe he's Humpty Dumpty at this point but I get this feeling that he may have just another year or two left in him similar to late career Ortiz. V-Mart finally retired so he'll have the DH role to himself next year. In what we saw of him this year the statcast data was promising.  Exceptional hard contact rate and EV. 

And another name to add to the list Marco Gonzales - fell off late but I think that at least may in part be attributed to highs in IP. He was doing some good things this year and you have to love the low walk rate. (4.6%)

Edited by DidiFan

On ‎20‎-‎9‎-‎2018 at 5:36 AM, DidiFan said:

Tommy Pham. A lost year in totality but he's finishing strong and statcast likes him.

Franmil Reyes too he's looked a lot better after his second call-up. Light Tower Power

Conforto He's finishing strong too so chances are the value may be evaporated by the time draft day rolls around but definitely a guy to keep an eye on adp wise. 

Jeff McNeil - this guy can hit. Not much power but can still a few bags and 2B so not bad

Tyler White - could be the full time DH for stros if the let Gattis walk which they probably do 

Luis Urias - he got hurt so it ended his big league debut early could be a really nice value. Not much power or speed but his exceptional bat to ball skills at 2B could definitely make him an asset and a nice one too

Mejia - because fantasy baseball needs another C option. Badly

Yankees Rotation - I think Happ and CC are gone so I'll be curious to see what happens with Loaisiga or Sheffield

Ramon Laureano - not much competition in OAK outfield is not good he has some very good skills

Matt Boyd - sneaky good as a last guy in your rotation type thing. Maybe he turns out to be more of a streamer but he's a guy I'll keep an eye on. 

Glasnow - Maybe I was a year early on him. Still really volatile start to start but could certainly be a value. 

Ryan Zimmerman - if you like cheap, old men. He's coming off a bad year but I'd bite for a dirt cheap price. He has fantastic stat cast numbers. 

Amed Rosario - I keep going back and forth on him but he's kind of growing on me lately - he'll most likely hurt you in obp leagues but the speed is so very nice. 

Pivetta - the home runs dang kind of reminds me of Pineda. But if he's cheap enough I'd be interested. 

E-Rod - he was a wonderful value this year. Nice K's and wins with Boston. 

Cedric Mullins - Speed !

Mallex Smith - More speed ! He looked like a breakout type guy to me this year. 

Willie Calhoun :ph34r: 

Brandon Nimmo - Ugh another Met. Shoot me. But I really like his plate discipline- big bump in obp leagues. Could give you somewhere around 12-15 steals in a full year. 

Aaron Hicks - I wasn't a believer in this guy a couple years ago but he proved me dead wrong this year fantastic plate discipline that should play really well in that lineup. Some speed too maybe 10 or so steals. 

Verdugo- I'm not sure what the Dodgers do this off season but this guy can really hit. Not a ton of power or speed so chances are he may not grab a lot of attention. But he could be a fixture in a really nice Dodgers lineup. 

Sano- people could be really fed up with him. 

Devers- he was a pretty big bust. I wasn't in on him this year so I haven't looked at all at his numbers or anything but maybe post hype type guy? 

LeClerc- Great job closing for Texas in the 2nd half

Gausman - Starts the year in Atlanta. Post post post ... post hype? 

Mondesi - the plate discipline makes my eyes bleed but hey speed kills

Christin Stewart - Nothing fancy power to all fields good plate approach should be the starting LF for Detroit next year 30 HR potential. Should be dirt cheap. 

Corbin Burnes - MIL rotation is so gross. Does he get the chance to crack the rotation next year? 

Ohtani the batsman- Another guy I was dead wrong on this guy looked like a pretty good hitter to me. Could be the full time DH next year after he gets TJ

Nick Senzel - chances are he's not a value by the time draft day rolls around but we can dream, right? 

Kyle Tucker- Oh it's happening. 

German Marquez - I almost always just ignore Rockies pitchers but this guy is kind of hard to ignore at this point

Jake Bauers- He's really struggled but I think it could be some bad luck. I love the plate discipline. Can steal a handful of bags too. 

Austin Meadows - had a nice run with PIT early on. I'm curious to see what he could do in a full season with Tampa. Can't believe I've mentioned 3 Tampa OFs. 

Danny Jansen- another C option we need badly. 

Peter Alonso -This guy can mash. Mets will have a hard time keeping him down. 

Nice list!

The Mets have some decisions to make. What to do with Bruce? Keep him at 1B but then what happens to Alonso? Play him in the OF and then what happens to Nimmo (assuming Cespedes and Conforto stay healthy. I know….a big IF)? I doubt they're going to pay Bruce $13 million to use him as a bench player.

What are the Reds going to do with Peraza and Gennett? They'll have to make room for Senzel. Gennett was great and Peraza had a surprisingly decent season.

Tampa's OF is going to be one to watch. They already have Meadows, Smith, Kiermaier and Pham (they also have 1B Nathaniel Lowe raking at the minors and he could push Bauers to a DH or OF role). It could get very crowded.

I truly hope the Yankees decide to make Hicks their everyday OF. Gardner is D-O-N-E.

Devers is probably my favorite post-hype prospect. He's still only 21(!)….

He's not on your list but I hope a NL team trades for Dylan Bundy. Get him out of the AL East.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sine_cera said:

Nice list!

The Mets have some decisions to make. What to do with Bruce? Keep him at 1B but then what happens to Alonso? Play him in the OF and then what happens to Nimmo (assuming Cespedes and Conforto stay healthy. I know….a big IF)? I doubt they're going to pay Bruce $13 million to use him as a bench player.

What are the Reds going to do with Peraza and Gennett? They'll have to make room for Senzel. Gennett was great and Peraza had a surprisingly decent season.

Tampa's OF is going to be one to watch. They already have Meadows, Smith, Kiermaier and Pham (they also have 1B Nathaniel Lowe raking at the minors and he could push Bauers to a DH or OF role). It could get very crowded.

I truly hope the Yankees decide to make Hicks their everyday OF. Gardner is D-O-N-E.

Devers is probably my favorite post-hype prospect. He's still only 21(!)….

He's not on your list but I hope a NL team trades for Dylan Bundy. Get him out of the AL East.

Thanks !

It's funny with the Mets after such a disaster year looking at their roster heading into next year and there is some potential for sure. Rosario, Conforto, Nimmo, McNeil assuming Alonso is close to the talent he has shown in the minors and all of a sudden they could make some noise next year. The OF is a log jam for sure. I feel like the time line for Cespedes is totally up in the air at this point I believe he had surgery in early August and the absolute minimum time line for recovery was pegged at 8-10 months so I'm almost operating under the assumption that he's a total non factor for at least the first 3rd of the season and maybe even longer. But maybe  if Cespy is progressing well in the off season the Mets look to move Bruce who I think has 2 years left on his deal. But who knows at this point a lot can change. 

Tampa has got some nice talent on their team. And I guess I can't call them sneaky anymore since they've been winning games lately. I do love Bauers quite a bit the results haven't been there but he's got a great approach at the plate that I think gives him a very good chance to succeed (walk rate just under 15%). I just remembered Tampa has Honeywell too. Probably won't happen till maybe August or so but I'm really excited to see him pitch. 

As far as Gardner. He's a late defensive replacement/ pinch runner at this point. Think the Yanks trading for McCutchen kind of signals the beginning of the end for Gardner as much as I love the guy as a Yankee fan he's just an extra at this point. Hicks is absolutely the guy moving forward at CF he has to be. With his walk rate he should be hitting at the top of the order. 

Bundy is a good one. Considering his struggles with Lefty power a move out of Camden Yards would be huge for his value. 

Free agency is also going to impact the draft values of a bunch of hitters and pitchers. This is going to be one hectic crazy offseason.

There's a lot of good OF sleepers, but guys like Pham, Ozuna and Conforto are guys I liked who had very rough 1st halfs and excellent seconds, they might slip from there previous ADPs. I guess with Conforto his was low last year because of the injury. I think he's close to a top 50 player, probably available closer to pick 100.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

There's a lot of good OF sleepers, but guys like Pham, Ozuna and Conforto are guys I liked who had very rough 1st halfs and excellent seconds, they might slip from there previous ADPs. I guess with Conforto his was low last year because of the injury. I think he's close to a top 50 player, probably available closer to pick 100.

My experience i've come t believe the opposite is true. People putting too much value in 2nd half production. The Bad 1st Half/good 2nd half didn't repress the Buxton hype train last year.

Pham isn't sneaking by anyone though. He doesn't have the "one year wonder?" to repress his ADP anymore. Back to back double digit HR/SB, 90 Runs, decent BA. That puts him more on the map, the 2nd half will only fuel the ADP.

Can see Ozuna/Conforto get lost the shuffle over all the "New and Sexier".  Definitely like all 3 though.

1 hour ago, Slatykamora said:

My experience i've come t believe the opposite is true. People putting too much value in 2nd half production. The Bad 1st Half/good 2nd half didn't repress the Buxton hype train last year.

Pham isn't sneaking by anyone though. He doesn't have the "one year wonder?" to repress his ADP anymore. Back to back double digit HR/SB, 90 Runs, decent BA. That puts him more on the map, the 2nd half will only fuel the ADP.

Can see Ozuna/Conforto get lost the shuffle over all the "New and Sexier".  Definitely like all 3 though.

I think there were legitimate injury reasons to excuse Conforto/Ozuna's second half.  With Pham, there was that crazy article in the beginning of the year about how he resenting the Cardinals for waiting so long to give him a chance. I dont know what happened with the change of sceneary, but he's instantly been the player he was last year.

So, with these 3, especially the first 2, I'm just willing to look past their first half. I dont expect them to have that bad of a half next year, even if there full season isn't an extrapolated version of their second half. 

• Like 1

Couple other arms

Josh James- just under 13 K/9 in AAA this year. Not a spot in HOU rotation right now but if one opens up he's a guy to keep in mind

Sonny Gray - Yanks will dump him somewhere this off season and I don't think he's nearly as terrible as the results indicate. Potential dirt cheap value considering how much of a big, fat dud he was this year. 

On 9/22/2018 at 8:23 PM, DidiFan said:

Thanks !

It's funny with the Mets after such a disaster year looking at their roster heading into next year and there is some potential for sure. Rosario, Conforto, Nimmo, McNeil assuming Alonso is close to the talent he has shown in the minors and all of a sudden they could make some noise next year. The OF is a log jam for sure. I feel like the time line for Cespedes is totally up in the air at this point I believe he had surgery in early August and the absolute minimum time line for recovery was pegged at 8-10 months so I'm almost operating under the assumption that he's a total non factor for at least the first 3rd of the season and maybe even longer. But maybe  if Cespy is progressing well in the off season the Mets look to move Bruce who I think has 2 years left on his deal. But who knows at this point a lot can change. 

Tampa has got some nice talent on their team. And I guess I can't call them sneaky anymore since they've been winning games lately. I do love Bauers quite a bit the results haven't been there but he's got a great approach at the plate that I think gives him a very good chance to succeed (walk rate just under 15%). I just remembered Tampa has Honeywell too. Probably won't happen till maybe August or so but I'm really excited to see him pitch. 

As far as Gardner. He's a late defensive replacement/ pinch runner at this point. Think the Yanks trading for McCutchen kind of signals the beginning of the end for Gardner as much as I love the guy as a Yankee fan he's just an extra at this point. Hicks is absolutely the guy moving forward at CF he has to be. With his walk rate he should be hitting at the top of the order. 

Bundy is a good one. Considering his struggles with Lefty power a move out of Camden Yards would be huge for his value. 

Gardner? Yanks will NOT pickup his option. They have Judge - Hicks - Stanton as starters with Ellsbury (remember him?) and Frazier waiting in the wings. Yanks might also go after Harper to get a power LHB. Harper might shift to 1B.

McNeil will turner into Justin Turner 2.0. I'm all-in next year.

14 minutes ago, exm said:

Gardner? Yanks will NOT pickup his option. They have Judge - Hicks - Stanton as starters with Ellsbury (remember him?) and Frazier waiting in the wings. Yanks might also go after Harper to get a power LHB. Harper might shift to 1B.

McNeil will turner into Justin Turner 2.0. I'm all-in next year.

Yes agree Gardner is gone. 

McNeil doesn't have Turner's power. But his ability to put the bat on the ball is excellent. Regardless still really like him next year too. 

11 hours ago, DidiFan said:

Yes agree Gardner is gone. 

McNeil doesn't have Turner's power. But his ability to put the bat on the ball is excellent. Regardless still really like him next year too. 

I think McNeil will be a solid contributor across all categories.   I wouldn't write him off as not having Turner's 'power' just yet, but agree probably not likely.  He did, however, hit almost hit 20hrs in 339 ABs in the minors including 14 in tough hitting environment in the Eastern League at AA.  Definitely could see him approach 16-20hrs 25SBs with regression in the BA but still be very productive, especially if he can hit 2nd again in the lineup.

To echo quite a few of you, McNeil and Marquez.  Dahl as well.  Marwin Gonzalez and Steven Matz will cost you little to nothing and provide some nice value. 

Is there any chance Greg Bird will ever be anything? Dude always injured, then this year he not only was injured but he sucked, lost his job in NY. Could he be a buy really low candidate? 

3 hours ago, 6Kill said:

To echo quite a few of you, McNeil and Marquez.  Dahl as well.  Marwin Gonzalez and Steven Matz will cost you little to nothing and provide some nice value. 

I agree with dahl.  Apportion those numbers over 600 ABs and youve got a top 50 player.