MrBean

Hassan Whiteside 20178-2019 Season Outlook

2 hours ago, HotSauce24 said:

What a beast.  Imagine if he got consistent minutes?

Imagine if he could hit more than 9% of his FTs for the week... SMH

• Haha 1

His FT% is getting ridiculous, really hope he regresses back to the mean. If he even hit 60% of his 15 FT's this week, my team's % would've went from 73% to 80% and won the category lol. He's gotta give Deandre Jordan a call

Thinking about selling tbh, only because he is singlehandedly making me punt FT%, so trying to package him for some sort of big that gets blocks without destroying my FT%, thinking about JJJ, Javale, or maybe Deandre Jordan. Going to wait a little bit though to see if he can bounce back his FT%

12 minutes ago, thetomkuczek said:

Are you all looking to sell, or hold Hassan?

I ended up selling for collins, the collins owner was hesitant. But, his outburst today helped sway him. I may regret it, if Whiteside fixes his fts. But, im also hoping collins picks up his stock production and starts hitting his 3s. Collins % are much better than white sides so it'll help keep me competitive in fg/ft. That was my reasoning for selling. But if you're punting ft. Then I'd just ride him out. 

14 hours ago, halbounih said:

I ended up selling for collins, the collins owner was hesitant. But, his outburst today helped sway him. I may regret it, if Whiteside fixes his fts. But, im also hoping collins picks up his stock production and starts hitting his 3s. Collins % are much better than white sides so it'll help keep me competitive in fg/ft. That was my reasoning for selling. But if you're punting ft. Then I'd just ride him out. 

NO, you can't expect stocks from Collins... he's just not that type of player...

YES here and there (maybe once every two weeks if u're lucky) he'll give you a game of 2 blk 2 stl or 1blk 3stl... but that's it... he's not good defensive player IMO...

EDIT: Neither is Hassan but he'll win you blocks cat like every week... or 9 of 10 times

EDIT 2: look at this... it's just sad...

image.png.7710e494fdb9770645fd1bc9c0d0d070.png

Edited by Stefan

17 hours ago, halbounih said:

Are you in my league? I owned Collins and was hesitant to sell him. The Howard injury and the fact that I'm punting ft helped me to finally take the offer. I'm still worried about his knee and what Miami will do when they put off the playoff race but as the previous poster said, he will win you blocks. 

His FT regression is a major problem... been watching a couple of the games recently and it just looks like he know's he's not going to knock it down and he rushes them all the time. Not even sure how serious Heat take this and work with him on this issue but gawd damn 2/15 this week is unacceptable unless you're already tanking FT's. Surprisingly I still won FT's last week because my FT anchors got me to .76%

49 minutes ago, NoHablaIngles said:

he's never been this bad at ft%. i think he was 70%+ last year.

can we expect regression to the mean? or has he just gotten worse?

I think he is too far gone for this season. The volume with FT means he is going to have to go on a VERY long streak of 80% or higher to correct. That probably is a 1 in 10,000 chance of happening. The damage has been done and we can only hope he can be 65-72% from today going forward. I think it is just going to be a bad year for him and moving forward he will be in the tank FT% boat. 

• Like 1

Sucks after having 10& 6 with time left in the 1st, I have to keep double checking to see if he will re-enter the game with 9 rbs in the early 4th.

6-7 with 12 points, 9 boards, and 3 blocks in the first 3 quarter (and 1 foul), then gets benched for the entire 4th quarter and the heat lose again. Spo is a ******** moron, Heat now 9-14 in the pathetic eastern conference this s--- is getting old.

People at the game said Whiteside was pouting pretty hard on the bench, negative reactions every time Bam got scored on, and then with 45 seconds left just left the bench early to head to the locker room. Will be interesting to see if anything comes out tomorrow.

Edited by stay_woke
  • Like 2

Problem is Whiteside is surrounded by terrible players who only know how to throw brick after brick after brick (i.e. Jrich, Ellington, etc.) and when they get into a deficit, Spo always bench him when in fact he is making good plays. Can't believe to say this but Spo became a terrible coach from being a great coach. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

6-7 with 12 points, 9 boards, and 3 blocks in the first 3 quarter (and 1 foul), then gets benched for the entire 4th quarter and the heat lose again. Spo is a ******** moron, Heat now 9-14 in the pathetic eastern conference this s--- is getting old.

People at the game said Whiteside was pouting pretty hard on the bench, negative reactions every time Bam got scored on, and then with 45 seconds left just left the bench early to head to the locker room. Will be interesting to see if anything comes out tomorrow.

Did you hear this on the broadcast?

There is no reason a player as dominant as him, should work and play as hard and well as he did to start the game - just  to be benched later on. I'd make faces and leave the court too. Give the media something to talk about. Did you not remember wtf we discussed this off season, Spo?! He's the only man in the league that has coached Bron and still has his job: maybe that'll change soon.

10 minutes ago, hoopnking24 said:

There is no reason a player as dominant as him, should work and play as hard and well as he did to start the game - just  to be benched later on. I'd make faces and leave the court too. Give the media something to talk about. Did you not remember wtf we discussed this off season, Spo?! He's the only man in the league that has coached Bron and still has his job: maybe that'll change soon.

I read it from a few people on twitter who said they were at the game.

16 minutes ago, hoopnking24 said:

Spoelstra is one of the 5 best coaches in the NBA. 0% chance he gets fired. 

Spo is a good coach, and Whiteside got benched several times last year for lack of effort, but tonight was SPo being stubborn. No reason why Whiteside should be benched in that 4th quarter after a great game

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, durel_arroyo said:

Problem is Whiteside is surrounded by terrible players who only know how to throw brick after brick after brick (i.e. Jrich, Ellington, etc.) and when they get into a deficit, Spo always bench him when in fact he is making good plays. Can't believe to say this but Spo became a terrible coach from being a great coach. 

IMO, Spo has always been a very overrated coach. They had 3 stars in the primes of their careers before super teams really started to take a hold of the conferences. And even then they got handled by the Mavs and got obliterated by the Spurs. I don't think Spo has ever been "good". 

What is happening to Whiteside is confusing. It isn't like Bam spaces the floor or is heavily involved in the offense. He is just a smaller version of Whiteside. I kind of fail to see the logic of it aside from the times when the opposition goes small. I really don't understand the logic from the front office's perspective either. Your roster is awful. They drafted Wade and aside from that they got Lebron and Bosh. Congrats. The rest of the stuff has been mediocre at best. At some point you need to be accountable even if you are a legend. This roster is a trainwreck and emotion got in the way of them landing Butler and at least unwinding some of the depth mess they are stuck in. Good lesson to learn from this is that old dogs don't learn new tricks. 

• Like 3

what I don't understand is why Spo cannot adjust their gameplay. They should have find Whiteside in the post or run pick and rolls instead of chucking bad shots. It's puzzling that Whiteside gets bench when clearly it's not his fault they always get in early deficit.

The more I think about this Spo thing the more this reminds me of Deron Williams and Jerry Sloan. Not the star player vs. grizzled vet coach but more like how the story ended with Sloan realizing that in the NBA the players have more power and leverage than a coach. Whiteside gets paid regardless. The only losers here are the Heat and Spo because they are the ones not utilizing his skill set to win games so they will be the ones canned. Obviously Whiteside needs to be better at expressing frustration, but at some point it is kind of absurd. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

The more I think about this Spo thing the more this reminds me of Deron Williams and Jerry Sloan. Not the star player vs. grizzled vet coach but more like how the story ended with Sloan realizing that in the NBA the players have more power and leverage than a coach. Whiteside gets paid regardless. The only losers here are the Heat and Spo because they are the ones not utilizing his skill set to win games so they will be the ones canned. Obviously Whiteside needs to be better at expressing frustration, but at some point it is kind of absurd. 

Yeah Spo is saying all the right things in front of the media about Whiteside, but during game time he's not following up consistently. But then again for the Heat, I think Spo has more staying power because he was groomed by Riley, coming up the ranks to be HC. If anything Whiteside will be the one that is shipped out 

Edited by DezedandConfused
  • Like 1

Think Whiteside took this one personal because of how good he was playing. It baffles me how Spo starts the game off giving Whiteside touches on the block, he goes 5/5 then you never run a play for him again.

Have to hope for a Whiteside trade but even that is unlikely