MrBean

Hassan Whiteside 20178-2019 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, Trench Mob said:

This has been the best shape he's in at our camp and preseason. 

He's been practicing his corner 3's so don't be surprise he takes 2 or maybe 3 attempts per game.

I still don't trust his head and he lacks heart. Hopefully he came across divine intervention. 

He'll ball out this year on his contract year.

19 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

He'll ball out this year on his contract year.

Inb4 he says something stupid or doesn't feel like trying...

I hope he does. So we can trade him lol. 

Ah... Nah I'm serious though. Hope he performs and keep his head on straight. 

Can we trust him though? We’ve been trying to trust him for two years. We know Spoelstra doesn’t play and Olynyk and Adebayo are itching to take that spot.

8 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Can we trust him though? We’ve been trying to trust him for two years. We know Spoelstra doesn’t play and Olynyk and Adebayo are itching to take that spot.

Whiteside wasn't healthy all of last year, he says he's got his explosiveness back. Health, contract year, and value ADP, I believe!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Whiteside wasn't healthy all of last year, he says he's got his explosiveness back. Health, contract year, and value ADP, I believe!

He has a $27M player option for next year so it's not really a contract year unless someone offers him a crazy long term deal.

The encouraging part is that he wants to play and be part of a winning team and is motivated after last year's min decrease and late benchings. 

I just hope that he stays healthy and focused. Bam's AC joint separation is also forcing them to play him more min at the moment

Just now, chaiway said:

He has a $27M player option for next year so it's not really a contract year unless someone offers him a crazy long term deal.

The encouraging part is that he wants to play and be part of a winning team and is motivated after last year's min decrease and late benchings. 

I just hope that he stays healthy and focused. Bam's AC joint separation is also forcing them to play him more min at the moment

Yeah I'm aware of his player option, well see but I like his chances to bounce back this season. His average ADP last year was 2nd/3rd round wasn"t it?

4 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

If we could trust him 100% he wouldnt be going outside the top 60 rn.

TBH i dont see a better risk/reward pick this year. I dont see any other player who can be had in the middle/late rounds and have top 30 potential. Personally I would take the gamble on Whiteside in the 7th over Gobert in the 2nd any day.

This guy has been in and out of Spolstras dog house for years, and was still churing out top 30 value. Bam is not that good, atleast not yet, if Whiteside plays well he’ll get his minutes.

Edited by FantasyBallFan

Thinking about reaching for him in the 5th round (if that's even considered a reach). But curious if Ayton was available, which would you guys take (punt assists build if that matters)?

I would consider Whiteside pretty similar to Gobert. I think their contributions next year will end up being equal. So either Gobert is way overpriced at 21 or Whiteside is criminally underpriced at 60.

The Wolves are reportedly targeting Josh Richardson, Bam Adebayo and a protected 2019 first-round pick in trade talks with the Heat centered on Jimmy Butler.

*licks fingers* as Miami trades away Bam

hopefully no Dieng to Miami, if they do this trade

Edited by DezedandConfused

2 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

The Wolves are reportedly targeting Josh Richardson, Bam Adebayo and a protected 2019 first-round pick in trade talks with the Heat centered on Jimmy Butler.

Regardless if this happens or not between Miami and Minnesota, it sounds like the Heat are probably going to ship out one of their bigs sometime this season.

4 minutes ago, tazdingo said:

Regardless if this happens or not between Miami and Minnesota, it sounds like the Heat are probably going to ship out one of their bigs sometime this season.

No ones gonna take on Whiteside's contract.

1 hour ago, DezedandConfused said:

No ones gonna take on Whiteside's contract.

Probably not but this seems like a good sign that one of their 5's is going to be moved somewhere. Even if its probably not going to Whiteside, it's good news for him right?

17 hours ago, FantasyBallFan said:

This guy has been in and out of Spolstras dog house for years, and was still churing out top 30 value. Bam is not that good, atleast not yet, if Whiteside plays well he’ll get his minutes.

Woah there. Bam is very good. It's just an obligation to play Whiteside to justify the contract he has ( which will never be ).

11 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Dieng has a bad contact. We have to take him on if we do get Butler.

32 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Woah there. Bam is very good. It's just an obligation to play Whiteside to justify the contract he has ( which will never be ).

Bam is very good? No, but he has the potential to be. Whether we disagree on how good he is I believe it's pretty obvious that he isn't better than Whiteside. At least not yet.

It's not just about justifying his contract... Currently, Whiteside is the better player and considering Miami is in win now mode, they will lean on the better player. 

Edited by FantasyBallFan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Bam is very good? No but he has the potential to be. Whether we disagree on how good he is I believe it's pretty obvious that he isn't better than Whiteside. Atleast not yet.

It's not just about justifying his contract... Currently, Whiteside is the better player and considering Miami is in win now mode, they will lean on the better player. 

I disagree. Bam is actually the better fit on our roster. He's excellent at stretching the floor. Not as good as Olynyk though. 

You saw what happened during the end of last season and in the playoffs? We can't depend on this cat. We were trying to win in the playoffs, which is why he was benched and saw limited minutes. Some Heat fans are indifferent, most are eye-rolling. It's Hassan Whiteside lol.

58 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

I disagree. Bam is actually the better fit on our roster. He's excellent at stretching the floor. Not as good as Olynyk though. 

You saw what happened during the end of last season and in the playoffs? We can't depend on this cat. We were trying to win in the playoffs, which is why he was benched and saw limited minutes. Some Heat fans are indifferent, most are eye-rolling. It's Hassan Whiteside lol.

I don't know how you can say this as a Heat fan. When Whiteside is healthy and playing well he can dominate a game and change the nature of the entire game, Bam and Olynyk will never be more than role/bench players. Everyone knows this. Expect Whiteside to be a lock for top 30 finish this season if Spoelstra plays him near 30 mpg. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Trench Mob said:

Bam cant shoot at all, this was well documented when he was entering the league. Bam shot 35% between 3-10 feet from the rim and even worse from 10+ feet. Meanwhile Hassan Shot over 43% from 3-10. Numbers show Bam can’t stretch the floor at all so im pretty confused by your point.

Yes we all saw how bad Whiteside was, for one he was injured the entire season and his head obviosly wasnt in it. His tendency to mentally check out during games is real but at this point in time Bam isnt better than Whiteside at anything quantifiable. Atleast I cant find anything.

Edited by FantasyBallFan

Just now, FantasyBallFan said:

Bam shot 35% between 3-10 feet from the basketball and even worse from 10+ feet. meanwhile Hassan Shot over 43% from 3-10. Numbers show Bam can’t stretch the floor at all so im pretty confused by your point.

Yes we all saw how bad Whiteside was, for one he was injured the entire season and his head obviosly isnt in it. His tendency to mentally check out during games is real but at this point in time Bam isnt better than Whiteside at anything quantifiable. Atleast I cant find anything.

neither is olynyk except at shooting 3s and being ugly lol

you couldn't pay me to draft this guy as long as he is in a heat uniform and Spoelstra is the coach. Never again.

Adebayo is better defensive player, that is, he's fitted better for today's basketball in that regards since he can switch to guard multiple positions, unlike Whiteside, who is most useful parked in the paint

17 hours ago, GmGodine said:

Adebayo is better defensive player, that is, he's fitted better for today's basketball in that regards since he can switch to guard multiple positions, unlike Whiteside, who is most useful parked in the paint

Yeah I read somewhere the Heat were better defensively with Whiteside on the bench. Bam is a better real life player for the Heat and Whiteside is more of a stat chaser which is better for fantasy purposes.

I rolled the dice on him with my 6th rounder (points league). Last year he was a bust for me, but he was also a 2nd rounder last year. I kind of feel like you HAVE to roll the dice for this kind of discount. 

And while yes he may have that big player option, he'll also turn 30 next summer. He probably knows that it's in his best interest to ball out THIS year to put himself in position to opt out and secure a long term deal. If he has another year like last year he'll never get another good payday