MrBean

Hassan Whiteside 20178-2019 Season Outlook

22 hours ago, Stefan said:

Pretty long article, but worth the read, especially the 2nd half. If indeed Spo and Whiteside are on the same page, then this does look like the makings of a big bounce back season for him. 

Article mentions that the Heat have put in place a support system for Whiteside - the Village - and he's responded very positively. 

• Like 3

Reached a little bit for him in my 14 team league and drafted him in the 5th round (59).

Think he'll bounce back enough that I won't regret drafting him there. Paired him with Anthony Davis, Paul George, Khris Middleton, and Eric Bledsoe.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, alclayno said:

Reached a little bit for him in my 14 team league and drafted him in the 5th round (59).

Think he'll bounce back enough that I won't regret drafting him there. Paired him with Anthony Davis, Paul George, Khris Middleton, and Eric Bledsoe.

Nice. He fell to me in round 6 

NO.
PLAYER
ROUND
Damian Lillard Por, PG
Victor Oladipo Ind, SG
Tobias Harris LAC, PF
Nikola Vucevic Orl, C
Gary Harris Den, SG
Hassan Whiteside Mia, C
Edited by Stefan

I was able to snag him 71 overall in a yahoo league. At that value he is super worth the risk.

He will surprise a lot of people this year I think.

32 minutes ago, JBizFree said:

I was able to snag him 71 overall in a yahoo league. At that value he is super worth the risk.

He will surprise a lot of people this year I think.

Feel like there is zero risk at that point. 

I was able to get him somewhere similar

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stefan said:

Nice. He fell to me in round 6 

NO.
PLAYER
ROUND
Damian Lillard Por, PG
Victor Oladipo Ind, SG
Tobias Harris LAC, PF
Nikola Vucevic Orl, C
Gary Harris Den, SG
Hassan Whiteside Mia, C

Nice I sort of have a similar team. Got whiteside in the 5th, Conley in the 6th, Kawhi and Oladipo were my first 2. Did you have ayton available or you in the 3rd/4th? 

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, stickman786 said:

Nice I sort of have a similar team. Got whiteside in the 5th, Conley in the 6th, Kawhi and Oladipo were my first 2. Did you have ayton available or you in the 3rd/4th? 

STOP NOW ! ! DON'T GET ME STARTED !! :(

I WAS SNIPED LIKE A MOFO ... :(

Capela and Ayton went 34. and 35... (just before my back 2 back picks)... I wanted them both... had to improvise with Tobias (36.) and Vooch (37.)...

This got me completely of the rhythm... as I had to chase bigs the rest of the draft...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

R6 - Hassan

R9 - Wendell Carter Jr.

R10 - Sabonis

R11 - Bamba

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Capela and Ayton went 34. and 35... (just before my back 2 back picks)... I wanted them both... had to improvise with Tobias (36.) and Vooch (37.)...

This got me completely of the rhythm... as I had to chase bigs the rest of the draft...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

R6 - Hassan

R9 - Wendell Carter Jr.

R10 - Sabonis

R11 - Bamba

Don't get me started lmao I completely forgot ayton and was about to go tobias in the fourth. Saw ayton with 10 seconds left and went ayton lmao.

My firrst six picks were:

Kawhi, Oladipo, Middleton, Ayton, Whiteside, Conley. Have Ibaka, Isaac, and Hernagomez as well but i might have to make some moves for bigs. Tobias is still good yo! And Vooch went right after ayton so I think you did pretty well. 

Edited by stickman786
  • Like 1

On 10/3/2018 at 7:33 AM, alexstr said:

Umm..nah.  Equal to Gobert, if not slightly better.

Hassan 70% to Gobert's 68% last year. 

Hassan 63% to Gobert's 63% over the career, and he takes less

I was comparing their stat lines last year, their numbers aren't that much different from each other, other than FG% and slightly less blocks. Considering all the flack he received last year, and the injuries he was dealing with, I think he had a solid year, and he'll be even better this year now that he's healthy again. Great value pick in the middle rounds. I got him at #69 in my league (and Gobert at #21). 

Edited by SnackilleOatmeal
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Stefan said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

R6 - Hassan

R9 - Wendell Carter Jr.

R10 - Sabonis

R11 - Bamba

On 10/15/2018 at 3:31 PM, alclayno said:

I got major sniped picking at the turn in round 3/4, with Capela and Ayton going off the board right before me, so I reached for Whiteside knowing he wouldn't make it back.  As was mentioned, he's right there with Gobert and can easily jump back into the top 20.  

My first 4 picks are a little similar to alclaynos team - 

Embiid

George

Whiteside

Bledsoe

Most encouraging stats for the night aside form the obvious 18 rebounds and 2 blocks:

33 minutes

1 3PA

Shots just didn't fall tonight.  We all know he's a FG anchor.  Olynyk and Bam playing only 15 and 21 minutes backing up the PF and C slots tonight is very, very encouraging.

Top 15 season, here we come!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blue Eagles said:

Most encouraging stats for the night aside form the obvious 18 rebounds and 2 blocks:

33 minutes

1 3PA

Shots just didn't fall tonight.  We all know he's a FG anchor.  Olynyk and Bam playing only 15 and 21 minutes backing up the PF and C slots tonight is very, very encouraging.

Top 15 season, here we come!

Got blocked 3 times! Including by Terrence Ross and Jerami Grant!!!

Minutes are very encouraging... but that's just shameful

4 hours ago, hipriest69 said:

I got major sniped picking at the turn in round 3/4, with Capela and Ayton going off the board right before me, so I reached for Whiteside knowing he wouldn't make it back.  As was mentioned, he's right there with Gobert and can easily jump back into the top 20.  

Embiid

George

Whiteside

Bledsoe

or could be the all time injured team

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, chaiway said:

Got blocked 3 times! Including by Terrence Ross and Jerami Grant!!!

Minutes are very encouraging... but that's just shameful

Ross and Grant are athletic :ph34r: lol

12 hours ago, hipriest69 said:

Embiid

George

Whiteside

Bledsoe

Ok nice. I think it's obvious that this is... bounce back season 4 Hassan  :rolleyes:

On 10/17/2018 at 3:21 AM, stickman786 said:

Don't get me started lmao I completely forgot ayton and was about to go tobias in the fourth. Saw ayton with 10 seconds left and went ayton lmao.

My firrst six picks were:

Kawhi, Oladipo, Middleton, Ayton, Whiteside, Conley. Have Ibaka, Isaac, and Hernagomez as well but i might have to make some moves for bigs. Tobias is still good yo! And Vooch went right after ayton so I think you did pretty well. 

Did you like what you saw from Ayton last night. .. ? I made an offer for him (Sabonis + Vucevic) :) 

Did he play so much because of the matchup against behemoths Vuce and Bamba or is Spoelstra going away from the democratic rotation?

20 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

Did he play so much because of the matchup against behemoths Vuce and Bamba or is Spoelstra going away from the democratic rotation?

I think so 

and

I hope so

:rolleyes: