dboong

Shai-Gilgeous Alexander 2018-19 season outlook

Big fan of him coming into the draft. Didn't really fall in the right place to have impact straight away as the clips have way too many guards . But in saying that. If Jimmy buckets manages to get traded there they will most likely have to give up a few of said guards.

If they manage to move 2 of Beverly Bradley and teodosic/Wallace. He could be handy pick up.

Any guesses on minutes and stats ?

I'm feeling 20 minutes if one or 2 of these guys get traded. Probs low teens otherwise

8-10, 2, 3, 1, 0 ?

Love SGA but I do think that he won't get enough minutes to be a fantasy impact this year. He has a very fantasy friendly game too! Except I don't see him hitting too many threes but he's so long and seems to have a great understanding of the game just based on watching him in college and sl

• Like 1

He's someone I'm thrilled to get in dynasty, I think his ceiling is enormous.

Don't think he'll have any value in redrafts however.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

He won't have any value unless Clippers pull a trade which I'm guessing is 50/50.   Very fantasy friendly game and other than Teodosic really the only PG on the roster.  Bradley, Beverly, Williams are shooting guards

Edited by stinkroach
  • Like 1

10 pts, 4 asts, 4 stls, 1 reb, 1 blk in 24 mins.

Hope Clippers trade Pat Bev and Avery Bradley so this kid can have more mins

3 hours ago, PAX said:

10 pts, 4 asts, 4 stls, 1 reb, 1 blk in 24 mins.

Hope Clippers trade Pat Bev and Avery Bradley so this kid can have more mins

Yeah Clippers sticking to Mediocrity is annoying as heck.  Pat Bev, Avery Bradley, and SGA would be a good get for the Wolves for Butler.  

4 hours ago, markus85 said:

Can he earn minutes anywhere other than PG?

Lou 6'1" Beverly 6'1" Bradley 6'2", this guy is 6'6" with 7' wingspan. I think he will play more as SG with Bradley struggles badly after his Boston era. Plus, Beverly (and Galinari) is injury prone and the Clippers is unlikely to make the Playoffs, his minutes will be trending up towards the end of season.

6 hours ago, markus85 said:

Can he earn minutes anywhere other than PG?

he can get minutes but imo he can serve as pg/sg with his size as mentioned above. and with possible trades of his teammates, he can be a lock in the starting lineup sooner (hopefully)

Added and stashed on my bench. He's just too good. 

• Like 1

In an Auction Dynasty league, I am hoping to snag him at a low budget. I think this kid is going to good.

3 hours ago, rob0403 said:

In an Auction Dynasty league, I am hoping to snag him at a low budget. I think this kid is going to good.

Got him for $5 in my dyno auction this week. Good luck ;)

For those of you contemplating adding Shai and looking at his box scores, you should know all of his 7-7 from last game came in extended garbage time of a blowout against an Israeli team. 

Seriously, only a trade will make him rosterable in 12 team leagues in the early season. Otherwise, he gets 15 minutes, tops. Note that Milos and Sweet Lou also exist on this team, and are quite capable.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

For those of you contemplating adding Shai and looking at his box scores, you should know all of his 7-7 from last game came in extended garbage time of a blowout against an Israeli team. 

Seriously, only a trade will make him rosterable in 12 team leagues in the early season. Otherwise, he gets 15 minutes, tops. Note that Milos and Sweet Lou also exist on this team, and are quite capable.

I agree but I think the guys above are talking about Dynasty Leagues. I own him in my dynasty and I'm happy to wait until his talent forces his way into more of a role. In single season leagues there's no point in wasting your time right now. It's best to add him to your Watch List and keep track of his development though.

9 hours ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

I see this as Donovan Mitchell all over again. I made the mistake last year. I won't repeat the same one. The talent is pretty clear and I gotta hold on to him. 

Edited by Trench Mob
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

I see this as Donovan Mitchell all over again. I made the mistake last year. I won't repeat the same one. The talent is pretty clear and I gotta hold on to him. 

The talent is there,but LAC need to trade away 1-2 guards to let SGA have more minutes to play

Stash now if you have room.  He is a guy where there will be a mad rush to waiver wire when the inevitable injury or trade happens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This kid looks really good. Keep an eye on him, because I have a feeling it won't be long until he's running this offense as the PG of the future.

2 minutes ago, summersoff7 said:

You can cut the hype with a knife ITT.

Hype is only a problem BEFORE a draft.

After a draft when u got a guy late or grabbed off waivers, hype is great and also totally warranted.