dboong

Shai-Gilgeous Alexander 2018-19 season outlook

3 minutes ago, raaaabz said:

What do you think on his performance tonight?

First start of the season and he did not do bad. Doubt he got much reps in with the first unit but will continue to improve as the season progresses. This dude is very fantasy friendly in terms of %s and if he adds a consistent 3, he will be valuable. I'd like to see if the starting gig sticks when/if Bradley is healthy again.

Do any of us see him developing a three anytime this year? 

love his overall game standpoint and stocks but no 3s hurts :(

17 minutes ago, calebcjy said:

Do any of us see him developing a three anytime this year? 

love his overall game standpoint and stocks but no 3s hurts :(

In college, he shot 40% so let's see if that translate later on in the season. ROS looks very promising and Doc Rivers even said he reminded him of a "young Rondo". 

Picked him back up again, couldn’t stand the thought of him going off on someone else’s team. Looks like we’re going to have to ride this one out.

SGA has a nice stroke but unless he looks to be more assertive on offense, I have a hard time seeing him average a 3 a game (I’d be happy with .8). He still defers a lot on offense and passes up open looks.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Alright I'm back on this train. He has a chance to lock up a starting position with Avery on the sidelines (who has been terrible offensively). Once Doc realises Pat Bev isn't a PG and he slides him over to SG it'll be on for young and old.

• Like 2

I bet SGA blows up in the next 2-4 games, giving Doc an easier time to leave him in as the start, and letting Bradley run the 2nd unit.  This lineup move makes the most sense for this team balance on both units. This kid is absolutely a starting caliber PG right now.  If you haven't watched him play, you should.  Not many rookies play as composed, and limit mistakes like this.

The way he practices, and is easy to coach, he could end up being a 60-75 value player by seasons end if he sticks as the starter with 32mpg.  Hes the unsung prospect from this year's draft.

23 minutes ago, HulkSmash said:

I bet SGA blows up in the next 2-4 games, giving Doc an easier time to leave him in as the start, and letting Bradley run the 2nd unit.  This lineup move makes the most sense for this team balance on both units. This kid is absolutely a starting caliber PG right now.  If you haven't watched him play, you should.  Not many rookies play as composed, and limit mistakes like this.

The way he practices, and is easy to coach, he could end up being a 60-75 value player by seasons end if he sticks as the starter with 32mpg.  Hes the unsung prospect from this year's draft.

oh he's been sung plenty. even as a ceiling i don't think top 75 is realistic for a rookie with terrible per 36s but he's a reasonable stash 

• Like 2

Avery seen in a walking boot

Gonna give him a decent leash but may end up dropping for PJ if he doesn’t produce soon

sucks he doesn’t hit threes

Lac got too many guards, SGA is a drop for me in my 15t roto league

Cant wait around too long while there are much better ROS pickups on the wire

Dont get me wrong, i like the kid. He definitely has potential....just dont see him being able to actualize it till next season or two

Gotta wake up from the dream sometime and face reality

9 minutes ago, fantasm said:

Lac got too many guards, SGA is a drop for me in my 15t roto league

Cant wait around too long while there are much better ROS pickups on the wire

Dont get me wrong, i like the kid. He definitely has potential....just dont see him being able to actualize it till next season or two

Gotta wake up from the dream sometime and face reality

Thats what I am contemplating now...SGA has potential but is it realized in a few weeks/months/after AS..or next year?

I have got guys like Van Fleet, DWright, heck even DWhite sitting on the waivers in one league...hard decisions.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Boogerloo said:

Thats what I am contemplating now...SGA has potential but is it realized in a few weeks/months/after AS..or next year?

I have got guys like Van Fleet, DWright, heck even DWhite sitting on the waivers in one league...hard decisions.

Id pick up dwhite lol

SGA's role on the clippers is clear to me, just a ball handler who plays d and picks up the popcorn stats....kinda like a....Frank Litikina. Theres just too many weapons on LAC, Harris, Lou Will, Gallo, even Boban...where does that leave SGA? at best a 4th option.

Its great that all these analysts and whatnot see the potential in SGA but fantasy is a numbers game and if Im not getting those numbers IDGAF how much of an expert analyst u are, i gotta move on otherwise im gonna lose

• Like 1

Aminu is not a bad defender by any means. But this kid just went to rim at ease from the key in like 2 seconds.

On 11/7/2018 at 2:15 PM, fantasm said:

Id pick up dwhite lol

SGA's role on the clippers is clear to me, just a ball handler who plays d and picks up the popcorn stats....kinda like a....Frank Litikina. Theres just too many weapons on LAC, Harris, Lou Will, Gallo, even Boban...where does that leave SGA? at best a 4th option.

Its great that all these analysts and whatnot see the potential in SGA but fantasy is a numbers game and if Im not getting those numbers IDGAF how much of an expert analyst u are, i gotta move on otherwise im gonna lose

It all depends on league settings and roster size. He’s probably my worst or 2nd worst player on a 15 man 12 team league, so he’s worth holding on to. And it’s been announced he’s keeping the gig when Bradley comes back. 

Hmmmm so you know all the comments about SGA increasing fantasy value by being more involved on offense...?

Currently Clip's leading scorer, 2/2 on treys, at the half 😁I imagine Doc is nudging him a bit more now that he's starting

47 minutes ago, WaKe21334 said:

It all depends on league settings and roster size. He’s probably my worst or 2nd worst player on a 15 man 12 team league, so he’s worth holding on to. And it’s been announced he’s keeping the gig when Bradley comes back. 

where did it say SGA is keeping the starting gig? Id be thrilled if that were true!

57 minutes ago, WaKe21334 said:

Ooouu~ Source? Please and thank you :3

20 minutes ago, Jessie said:

Debating SGA or White is better ROS

Tough call at the moment. Both are suppose to start ROS. White has a super fantasy friendly game and can contribute in all categories. Shai is a little more raw, so lower floor but higher ceiling as well. I own both but if chose one it be Shai!

He’s still on my radar and I wonder if this is the scoring output he needed for his confidence. Could be a good sign to come. If he can hit the 3 ball more consistently I’ll drop Dinwiddie for him. 

On 7/11/2018 at 8:15 PM, fantasm said:

Id pick up dwhite lol

Not sure what to make of this comment. There are literally only 4 guys that can score the ball consistently on this team, Gallo, Tobias, Harrell and Lou. That's not many weapons and two of them come of the bench. if he ends up being the 4th option then that's great. Fantasy is a numbers game and there is not only one category, it's like the only thing you care about is the points category.

Now of course Shai is not a game changer for fantasy, but a solid end of bench guy that doesn't hurt you anywhere really and now has great upside as well due to the starting status from now on. I don't think anybody ever expected to win his league thanks to Shai.

• Like 4

Guy took all of a half season at 18 yo to go from least heralded recruit of his class, sixth man at Kentucky, to the guy they ran their offense through because, wait for it, composure on the ball. His career arc so far -- repeatedly exceeding expectations to contribute, right away, at the highest level -- reminds me of Gilbert Arenas. Only he plays within himself and has a better BBIQ. I have him everywhere at no cost whatsoever, with full expectation that he is just getting started. 

• Like 2