dboong

Shai-Gilgeous Alexander 2018-19 season outlook

1 hour ago, FreeJordanBell said:

I see nothing 

Bummer.  Must be hard to excel in fantasy with poor eyesight.  I assume in 2018 their are braille alternatives where you, like any of us, could google a player and see what stats they have been accumulating.  From there, you then extrapolate whether their situation is improving and if you think those stats will get better.  Also, there is a little "prev" button right below my post where you can read, almost literally, what he has "offered" in every game this year.

Edited by Dirk's Digglers
"there
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I enjoy when people like you take me serious. Keep sending those paragraphs bud, u actually offered more than shai

51 minutes ago, Dirk's Digglers said:

Bummer.  Must be hard to excel in fantasy with poor eyesight.  I assume in 2018 their are braille alternatives where you, like any of us, could google a player and see what stats they have been accumulating.  From there, you then extrapolate whether their situation is improving and if you think those stats will get better.  Also, there is a little "prev" button right below my post where you can read, almost literally, what he has "offered" in every game this year.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, FreeJordanBell said:

I enjoy when people like you take me serious. Keep sending those paragraphs bud, u actually offered more than shai

I enjoy when people like you bring trolling to our community.  Keep wasting our time.

But back to Shai.  I'm looking forward to this Suns/Kings back to back on Wed/Thurs.  Just feel like with the pace of play maybe Shai has a good couple days.

6 minutes ago, bucknut said:

i dropped this guy, he isn't giving u any rebound or assist numbers. 

Still think the upside holds more value than his lack of assists and rebounds..

2 minutes ago, LosingEffort said:

I think he's a much better real basketball player than Sexton but he's producing less fantasy stats than him right now 

Once both are years into their careers,  shai will be a little less scoring with much more assists and stocks than sexton.  Sexton will out score shai but I dunno if he'll be as well rounded as shai from a fantasy perspective.   Depends on your team needs.  

6 minutes ago, MynameisMudd said:

Once both are years into their careers,  shai will be a little less scoring with much more assists and stocks than sexton.  Sexton will out score shai but I dunno if he'll be as well rounded as shai from a fantasy perspective.   Depends on your team needs.  

I think Sexton is not good at all
Maybe he can score in some games but he doesn't have playmaking, athleticism and defensive skills
I don't see a bright future for him, while SGA has got everything to be a good NBA starter

• Thanks 1

Sexton nevah evah top 5 guy. SGA does it in every 50th universe, give or take. 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, LosingEffort said:

I think Sexton is not good at all
Maybe he can score in some games but he doesn't have playmaking, athleticism and defensive skills
I don't see a bright future for him, while SGA has got everything to be a good NBA starter

We agree then

He surprisingly hit my waivers yesterday and I scooped him up. I'm a Tobias owner so I've been impressed with SGA's play whenever I watch the Clippers. Surprising to me that  so many are down on him in here, his numbers and role seem very solid for a guy at the end of the roster. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Purple Hippo said:

He surprisingly hit my waivers yesterday and I scooped him up. I'm a Tobias owner so I've been impressed with SGA's play whenever I watch the Clippers. Surprising to me that  so many are down on him in here, his numbers and role seem very solid for a guy at the end of the roster. 

Yeah this is a dude that the majority of us scooped off the waivers. He's offering low-to-mid teens scoring and nice defensive stats. The dimes will come. Great ROI so far for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mmart_ph said:

Perfect punt assist PG! 

I don't even think you need to punt assist if he's your third PG or if you have someone like jokic, Simmons or LeBron. He's picking up his dimes slowly and could probably avg 5ish 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, fabrar said:

I don't even think you need to punt assist if he's your third PG or if you have someone like jokic, Simmons or LeBron. He's picking up his dimes slowly and could probably avg 5ish 

Definitely an all-stats kinda guy. Upside is immense. Totally pegged him as stash for post-ASB, but he's already returning great value.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dougie0939 said:

He is only going to get better as the season goes. He’s a great rebounder as a guard, only thing he lacks is a outside shot 

He doesn't lack an outside shot. He can shoot, it's just that he's smart about the shots he takes. If you watch him play he's extremely methodical which is rare to see from a rookie.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

He doesn't lack an outside shot. He can shoot, it's just that he's smart about the shots he takes. If you watch him play he's extremely methodical which is rare to see from a rookie.

Hes got a great midrange shot. But it remains to be seen if he can hit the three consistently. The broadcast team last night said he was something like 1 for for his last 15 3 point attempts before last night. 

2 hours ago, lbjames6 said:

Definitely agree, that is a much better way to put it. I guess I just meant he’s not going to take a whole lot of shots from the outside.

4 hours ago, lbjames6 said:

"Methodical" is kind when it comes to his release. He makes enough of them to keep shooting without killing %s which is super great. His touch around the glass and the elegant way he makes space papers over a lot. I want to comp him to Alex English cause length and easy movement, but AE had the lightning release. Shai's a forklift on skates.

I saw a note somewhere (youtube scouting vid?) that took it as a positive -- obvious and easy enough to coach. IMO raises his dynasty ceiling -- I own multiple shares so he must be GOAT yada yada

• Like 1