dboong

Shai-Gilgeous Alexander 2018-19 season outlook

Not really sure to be frank. Just one foul, but Shai was -13 whilst on court, Sweet Lou was a +8, and not sure if it's been the norm, but Average Bradley also played 35 minutes as well. 

11 minutes ago, Boomdizzle88 said:

Would you drop SGA for Josh Jackson given the potential severity of Bookers hamstring injury?

Absolutely not.

15 minutes ago, Boomdizzle88 said:

Would you drop SGA for Josh Jackson given the potential severity of Bookers hamstring injury?

No way. Jackson will absolutely wreck your percentages and his role is shaky ros.

20 minutes ago, Purple Hippo said:

No way. Jackson will absolutely wreck your percentages and his role is shaky ros.

I’m a lock for FG% in my 12 team league (Drummond, Adams, Greek, Simmons, Harrell, Siakam). Seems like there’s more upside with Jackson now than SGA given the lack of mouths to feed?

35 minutes ago, Boomdizzle88 said:

I’m a lock for FG% in my 12 team league (Drummond, Adams, Greek, Simmons, Harrell, Siakam). Seems like there’s more upside with Jackson now than SGA given the lack of mouths to feed?

I disagree that Jackson has more upside than Shai. He hasn't really proved himself as a consistent producer this year. Shai has had a few dud games but he's been far better and has the full trust of the coach as the starting PG - Doc is letting him play through mistakes and slow nights. Jackson was almost completely out of the rotation not too long ago and it's very possible that it might happen again if he has a few bad games.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Boomdizzle88 said:

ahhahhh people in this world :D 

tenor.gif?itemid=4966396

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Boomdizzle88 said:

I feel like you lose triples most weeks as well? SGA has more upside than Jackson but lacks triples. You also will get more defensive numbers from SGA, but you are probably pretty decent in defensive numbers with the 6 guys you listed. If SGA's specialties(FT% @ 3FTA, decent boards and steals, strong out of position blocks, decent points) are not needed by you team, then if possibly makes since to search for someone who can cover in areas you are weak in. But believe me SGA will probably not be there when you go to check back. His numbers are super useful for a lot of teams and builds so he will be snatched up quick.

Hope this helps,

JB

2 minutes ago, JBizFree said:

I feel like you lose triples most weeks as well? SGA has more upside than Jackson but lacks triples. You also will get more defensive numbers from SGA, but you are probably pretty decent in defensive numbers with the 6 guys you listed. If SGA's specialties(FT% @ 3FTA, decent boards and steals, strong out of position blocks, decent points) are not needed by you team, then if possibly makes since to search for someone who can cover in areas you are weak in. But believe me SGA will probably not be there when you go to check back. His numbers are super useful for a lot of teams and builds so he will be snatched up quick.

Hope this helps,

JB

Fair point, but if he’s ok in defensive stats than surely there is a better source of triples on his wire than Jackson. At least one that doesn’t provide a major hit in big percentages and turnovers. And SGA has started hitting threes a little more consistently lately. SGA provides an efficient all around package with the upside and season long opportunity to

do more.

He just needs to be more assertive on offense. The majority of offenseive sets he’s in the corner standing. Maybe that’s how Doc wants the offense to be run, so his hands may be tied somewhat. He isn’t closing out games yet also. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sham242 said:

He just needs to be more assertive on offense. The majority of offenseive sets he’s in the corner standing. Maybe that’s how Doc wants the offense to be run, so his hands may be tied somewhat. He isn’t closing out games yet also. 

He was closing out games until these last 2. Bradley has been on a little heater and Doc has gone to him. But just a matter of time before one of Bradley or Beverly is hurt again 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, JBizFree said:

Hope this helps,

JB

Appreciate the detailed analysis and breakdown. Yeah I’m punting 3s, FT%. Yeah I’m just worried with exactly what you said - I drop him and I’ll be beating myself up when someone else snags him 

Another obvious takeaway is that Doc trusts the vets more in comeback situations in the good or bad side of it.

2-4 great games every 1-4 bad games, just waiting for one of the guards to get hurt again. He's way too good for me to drop.

His bad games have coincided exactly with 'Gilligan's Island's' presence on my roster. It's a bit disconcerting in a high scoring game like 129-126 that he has such miniscule usage. I have noticed that Average Bradley has played big minutes the last couple of games, so maybe it's just a rookie situation, and i guess if he's starting he would be the fifth wheel in any form of possessions i imagine. 

Will hang on a bit longer, but in a 10-teamer having someone getting under 10 points and almost zero other stats is not something that can be tolerated long term.

Edited by Brimful of Upside
  • Like 1

Anyone who says this guy is better than Hayward ros is crazy. I know how the hype trains work and people get carried away, but that’s nonsense. 

he doesn’t get much love in the 4th quarter. Doc prefers Lou which is understandable, he’s their closer but he can do better than Bradley...first Austin rivers now Avery Bradley. He needs to let go of emotional ties. He’s not the same player from Celtics offensively and shai can defend just as better right. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, FreeJordanBell said:

he doesn’t get much love in the 4th quarter. Doc prefers Lou which is understandable, he’s their closer but he can do better than Bradley...first Austin rivers now Avery Bradley. He needs to let go of emotional ties. He’s not the same player from Celtics offensively and shai can defend just as better right. 

I think when the Clippers are losing close games in the 4th Doc goes with Lou Will to try and provide some scoring to mount a comeback. Anyways nice bounce back game from the rook against a very tough Memphis D.

• Like 1