dboong

Shai-Gilgeous Alexander 2018-19 season outlook

34 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

Are you watching the game? What's happening?

He played well and actually shot and made a couple 3s. 

He looks younger than every guy on the court, but he's directing teammates (Avery Bradley) on the offensive end and looks far from lost. 

I concur with the (down the road) sentiments. Obviously doncic gonna be ROY barring something terrible happening, but this guy definitely has a bright future. 

I'm just enjoying the ride for now. 

• Thanks 1

Patience is running out with this guy as now Lou is back. 

He is basically in a timeshare and it sucks because be can play otherwise. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I really wish Avery Bradley would get traded out of this rotation. 

He's clearly not good. 

He might be the worst player in the NBA.. how do you play 30 minutes and have a stat line of 1 rebound?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Goku said:

He might be the worst player in the NBA.. how do you play 30 minutes and have a stat line of 1 rebound?

Doc has proven he doesn't have an eye for making the correct playing time decisions. Family or not, but Avery Bradley isn't a rivers as far as I know. And I just don't get it. 

His defensive skills are diminishing each game and his offensive skills disappeared entirely once he put on a Clippers uni. 

Really all you can do now is hold onto the Ls incoming for this franchise and wait until General Management decides to make the move for Doc. 

The second Gallo goes down, and he probably will, this is a bottom 4 WC team and at that time the development will be forced upon this squad. 

Lou will is a baller. I get it. Pat bev is a pest. I get it. Avery... Nah, now you lost me. Cut him out of this and we got something. 

I'm in a "deeper league" so I'm gonna hold, but it's difficult to produce fantasy friendly stats with 19 mins a game and surprise surprise... This team has 1 that they also fail to employ. 

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares
  • Thanks 1

Y’all know he was in early foul trouble? It took him out of the game for the majority of the first half and he just couldn’t find the rhythm from there. Another learning experience - an issue with holding most rookies.

8 hours ago, Goku said:

Reminds me of an old Jim Boeheim quote when one of his starting centers didn't get a rebound.

"A dead man could get 1 rebound."

• Haha 1

Shai "check me out next game" trend continues! Expect a dud and a thread of mad people next game. 

For anyone who didn't watch the game, it was a blowout at the 4th quarter and second lineups where playing, except SGA as Rivers throwed him in at last 5 minutes and let him take some plays and "work in it". I really liked what I saw and I think Rivers has understood that he is a great asset and tries to develop him as much as possible.

Anyone else thinking of benching for tns game against GS? (For those who have to make a decision on benching player(s) on this busy night?

43 minutes ago, raaYUU said:

Anyone else thinking of benching for tns game against GS? (For those who have to make a decision on benching player(s) on this busy night?

I’m benching in my roto league. Back to back, away game blowout potential with GSW and he seems to play well every other game.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Purple Hippo said:

I’m benching in my roto league. Back to back, away game blowout potential with GSW and he seems to play well every other game.  

Yeaahh same he seems to struggle against top tier guards and that trend seems to be consistent by far so to the bench you go tn SGA!

oh man the boy really got exposed down the stretch against the Warriors. I counted 4 direct/indirect turnovers in the final quarter (thankfully he didn't seem to get credited with all of them) - including a shot clock violation after kicking it out when he had an open lane to the basket. he got benched after that last one.

he's going to be a terrific player one day - just not sure it'll be in his rookie season.

Edited by flat_eric

yall still holding for the potential? i dont think this year is the year...he's getting the minutes, but even then he provides very little supporting stats and very few 3s.

i know he's having a solid game rn tho

Edited by 12345game10

This is actually insane. He's the dictionary definition of inconsistent. Don't expect anything special next game.