dboong

Shai-Gilgeous Alexander 2018-19 season outlook

Y'all really excited about Shai?  Yeah, the Clips are rebuilding and moving pieces, but they still have Temple, Pat Bev, Lou, and Shamet.  It's still sorta crowded, even if those guys only get 10 minutes (Temple, Shamet), and Lou/Pat Bev get about 25 each.

They really only moved Toby and Bradley, so I personally think Shai's value stays put, especially considering he was a rather lukewarm add anyway.  Hope not though--I'd love to drop Jabari or something for him.

2 hours ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

the problem is if SGA will be very good?... which so far he lacks consistency regardless of minutes

Yeah true but hes a rookie tho , there will be ups and downs. Plus his minutes would always fluctuate , he needs a solid role to develop correctly.  He will be better down the stretch, but how much better is yet to be seen. I'm in a points league, so his efficiency isn't that vital to me, but yeah consistency obviously is.  

Decent line tonight but still not closing out games. I'm banking for upside come playoffs in the league I have him, but I'm kind of wavering a bit now

14 minutes ago, Del Rio said:

Decent line tonight but still not closing out games. I'm banking for upside come playoffs in the league I have him, but I'm kind of wavering a bit now

Shamet was red hot today 

42 minutes ago, t0087669 said:

Did not close out game? For those who watched the game, may i asked who were the closing 5?

I'm a Celtics fan, but if I remember right it was Beverly, Harrell, Louis Williams, Gallinari and I think Shamet.  Shamet is the only one I'm unsure of.   

1 hour ago, Kriggly said:

I'm a Celtics fan, but if I remember right it was Beverly, Harrell, Louis Williams, Gallinari and I think Shamet.  Shamet is the only one I'm unsure of.   

Damn if Doc is playing Shamet over SGA in crunch time, guess he is not going to be as good as a pick up now....

its looking more like p bev is the winner in all this

That guy is on waivers and I was thinking of making the swap

its looking more like p bev is the winner in all this

Agree. As a matter of fact, hopefully I can flip the two. 

Edited by Forever Smooth

On 2/7/2019 at 2:43 PM, MWon said:

Y'all really excited about Shai?  Yeah, the Clips are rebuilding and moving pieces, but they still have Temple, Pat Bev, Lou, and Shamet.  It's still sorta crowded, even if those guys only get 10 minutes (Temple, Shamet), and Lou/Pat Bev get about 25 each.

They really only moved Toby and Bradley, so I personally think Shai's value stays put, especially considering he was a rather lukewarm add anyway.  Hope not though--I'd love to drop Jabari or something for him.

He's rosterable right now if you thin on guards. Rather have P.Beverley. Give him another year, he's gonna be reckoned with. Not saying he's awful now though. He should finish out games come next year.

36 minutes ago, Forever Smooth said:

Agree. As a matter of fact, hopefully I can flip the two. 

11 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

Reading Doc's comments about Shamet has me feeling real negative about his breakout.

I still rather have SGA , give it another week or two . and Shamet has no ill affect really on Shai, hes more of a shooting guard and competing with Garret Temple. In my opinion Pat Bev gets less PT as the season progresses. If Clippers arent competing for playoffs, they should prioritize developing their youngsters. And god forbid any sort of injury to Lou Will or Beverly and that catapults this dude to elite production. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RunCMC said:

I still rather have SGA , give it another week or two . and Shamet has no ill affect really on Shai, hes more of a shooting guard and competing with Garret Temple. In my opinion Pat Bev gets less PT as the season progresses. If Clippers arent competing for playoffs, they should prioritize developing their youngsters. And god forbid any sort of injury to Lou Will or Beverly and that catapults this dude to elite production. 

developing yougnsters means giving them minutes, not force feeding him the ball. minutes dont = production, right now p bev is clear winner

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RunCMC said:

I can see that point and maybe you're right. As of now, Bev's numbers are slightly better. If by chance SGA is still there later on, I'll get him. Gotta get one of those Clipper players though, sched is too good. Grabbing Zubac along with Bev.

32 minutes ago, Forever Smooth said:

I can see that point and maybe you're right. As of now, Bev's numbers are slightly better. If by chance SGA is still there later on, I'll get him. Gotta get one of those Clipper players though, sched is too good. Grabbing Zubac along with Bev.

I agree with you broski , Pat is definitely putting up better numbers ,  just don't sleep on Shai is all I'm saying. I'm really high on the kid, just needs to be consistent is all. And I picked up Zubac as well, it's a clutch move. His fantasy arrow is rising straight up, and that playoff schedule tho :D

Yall Shamet is good! There is just no doubt that he is out playing SGA right now. He'll have his good nights, but he's not going to be consistent this season. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RunCMC said:

I agree with you broski , Pat is definitely putting up better numbers ,  just don't sleep on Shai is all I'm saying. I'm really high on the kid, just needs to be consistent is all. And I picked up Zubac as well, it's a clutch move. His fantasy arrow is rising straight up, and that playoff schedule tho :D

over the last few games with the trades (tobias being the biggest piece) having took palce and he still put up quiet games, i am not impressed and dont expect anything big from him this year.  

• Like 1

He is going to be a stud down the stretch.... bump this when he does or doesn't :) 

36 minutes ago, curly said:

not a bad player to have for playoff schedule alone

He plays a B2B Monday-Tuesday.  That's the start of the yahoo default (probably the biggest platform/settings) playoffs.  He should be on someone's team in those leagues, if only to give your week a headstart.