dboong

Shai-Gilgeous Alexander 2018-19 season outlook

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, summersoff7 said:

Uh Sexton?

 

Im not touching this guy yet until he gets consistent minutes in the upper 20s.

Oh yeah I forgot about that guy. Probably has better playing prospects too.

 

I can definitely say that SGA seems less erroneous than Sexton. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, hoop said:

 

I'm a little concerned about whether it'll take too much patience to stash him. I caught parts of the game yesterday, and it seems he's moreso looking to facilitate. Only attempted two shots. Dimes are decent. Seems as if he has physical traits to get stocks, but none yesterday. I'm certain he'll be starting soon, but not sure how long it'll take before his production catches up. What are your thoughts?

It will. It feels like Clippers will teeter along the edges of playoff contention, which is a death knell for rooks. If SGA's game matures quickly (think along the lines of Donovan's learning curve), then maybe they'll use him to contend for the last playoff spot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished the Clippers' big win over the Rocketes, and SGA seems to be improving each time. Has definitely chemistry with Lou, seems composed running the floor, and has nice length and defense. I noticed he looked more involved and confident in the offense too tonight, had the go-ahead to drive aggressively down the lane multiple times. Played ALL of the 4th quarter except for the a couple seconds for a defensive possession.

 

AND he was interviewed at the end - which can only help his cause. Sounds like a smart, mature kid who's just ready to work hard. He'll be starting soon, but even if he doesn't, he'll probably get 25ish most nights, and I'm guessing 30ish as the season progresses.

 

Tonight's stat line: 12pts on 4/8 FG, 5 boards, 4 dimes, 1 steal,  2 TO. Took a 3 but no dice. He had by far the best +/- in the game, +21 (26 min) vs Beverley's -13 (24 min).

 

Not sure I'd call this a hype train as it'll probably be a gradual improvement and work in progress over the season, but things are definitely looking up for SGA.

 

Edited by hoop
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO he'll be a top 5 rookie in fantasy this year - he's in the mix with Ayton, Doncic, Trae and JJJ. His game is very polished and he has the defensive chops to stay on the floor for big minutes. He should be picked up if you need a PG.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey ESPN sup with this dude not having a portrait yet

 

You gave one to Isaac Bonga

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He stopped harden multiple times. Too bad there r 0 plays drawn up for him yet. 

 

Working hard and sticking to the game plan. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fabrar said:

IMO he'll be a top 5 rookie in fantasy this year - he's in the mix with Ayton, Doncic, Trae and JJJ. His game is very polished and he has the defensive chops to stay on the floor for big minutes. He should be picked up if you need a PG.

 

Really, you think so? I mean, I hope so, but I'm tempering my expectations. I think IRL he could be top 5, but fantasy-wise, not sure. My best guess is a slight uptick across the board, and ultimately end up with similar production to a low-end PG. He wasn't a huge scorer or shooter in college, and his dimes and defensive stats were just decent.

 

There are a surprising amount of good waiver wire adds right now, so although I like SGA, not too sure about his upside this season... Personally, I'll keep holding on to him as long as he trends up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, hoop said:

 

Really, you think so? I mean, I hope so, but I'm tempering my expectations. I think IRL he could be top 5, but fantasy-wise, not sure. My best guess is a slight uptick across the board, and ultimately end up with similar production to a low-end PG. He wasn't a huge scorer or shooter in college, and his dimes and defensive stats were just decent.

 

There are a surprising amount of good waiver wire adds right now, so although I like SGA, not too sure about his upside this season... Personally, I'll keep holding on to him as long as he trends up.

Points leagues he's definitely not worth adding yet. But if he gets to start, then it's all aboard!

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, hoop said:

 

Really, you think so? I mean, I hope so, but I'm tempering my expectations. I think IRL he could be top 5, but fantasy-wise, not sure. My best guess is a slight uptick across the board, and ultimately end up with similar production to a low-end PG. He wasn't a huge scorer or shooter in college, and his dimes and defensive stats were just decent.

 

There are a surprising amount of good waiver wire adds right now, so although I like SGA, not too sure about his upside this season... Personally, I'll keep holding on to him as long as he trends up.

 

Right now, it's looking like it.  Huge part of a rookie on a decent team's success is predicated on earning your coach's trust, especially with a coach as tough as Rivers.  And he's well on his way there.

 

Which other rookies could be up there?

Sexton - should become starter soon, already getting high minutes, low efficiency numbers, will be high volume.  Think DSJ or Fox last year..may not be startable.

Bamba - If they fall out of contention and trade Vuc.  Has played some minutes w/ Vuc. If he gets mins, he'll be a monster with blocks and FG%, a few 3s.

Knox - might end up lower in efficiency stats than Sexton and is also hurt right now.

Bagley - might not get unleashed this year.  Prob won't have a very exciting full line (points/rebs/percentages).

 

I could see someone like Huerter or Miles Bridges or even Grayson Allen or Hamidou Diallo surprise in a big way, but as of right now with how things are trending, I think SGA could end up being top-5 in fantasy and IRL.

Edited by andy88c
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, littlesamtung said:

High % rookie and won't hurt you any category.

 

True, he had good %s in college - I think I just assumed that would drop now that he's in the NBA. So far so good though, and could maintain if he keeps getting into the paint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pushaZ said:

Hey ESPN sup with this dude not having a portrait yet

 

You gave one to Isaac Bonga

 

Because Bonga is on the Lakers and SGA is on the Clippers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EmbiidGOAT said:

Redraft 9cat, drop fultz for him?

 

It's way too early to call someone a bust, but Fultz is dreadful. Dump him. SGA is way ahead of the curve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2018 at 4:30 PM, Trench Mob said:

 

It's way too early to call someone a bust, but Fultz is dreadful. Dump him. SGA is way ahead of the curve.

 

I am thinking to do the same too. Seems SGA has a really polished game. He was tasked to defend Harden and didn't disappoint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He looks super smooth and confident for a rookie. I am going to try and stash early and be patient. Only thing worries me is 3 pt attempts. As far as a ball handler/defender he's ready to contribute right now. Also doing good for low minutes. 28-33 mins a game he could average some good numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SuperHans said:

He looks super smooth and confident for a rookie. I am going to try and stash early and be patient. Only thing worries me is 3 pt attempts. As far as a ball handler/defender he's ready to contribute right now. Also doing good for low minutes. 28-33 mins a game he could average some good numbers.


i feel like SGA is going to be a bigger Payton. can handle the ball, dish, rebound,steal,block but doesnt really score or shoot 3s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fantasm said:


i feel like SGA is going to be a bigger Payton. can handle the ball, dish, rebound,steal,block but doesnt really score or shoot 3s.

 

I like his chance to shoot 3s though. Could see 1 a game with 30 mins/game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone feeling good about him? Doc Rivers seems to be gushing about him but P-Bev doesn’t look like he’ll be going away anytime soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He shows a lot of promise, but he's going to take time to develop.  He a solid defender, but can be tentative on offense and defers more than he should.  Hopefully, that will change with more time and more minutes, but he will need to show confidence in his decision making if he wants to be a starting PG in the NBA.  I think he will get there, hopefully sooner than later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6’-6” with a 7’-0” wingspan.

 

will create problems defensively at either guard spot and could play 3 positions.

 

also, he doesn’t look like a rookie out there.

 

He’s already averaging 20+ minutes per and as long as he does what he needs to do, that will continue increasing.

 

has a very real chance of moving Beverly to the bench. Clippers want to attract free agents to LA and an up and coming SGA will be a more attractive teammate than Beverly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jim james said:

6’-6” with a 7’-0” wingspan.

 

will create problems defensively at either guard spot and could play 3 positions.

 

also, he doesn’t look like a rookie out there.

 

He’s already averaging 20+ minutes per and as long as he does what he needs to do, that will continue increasing.

 

has a very real chance of moving Beverly to the bench. Clippers want to attract free agents to LA and an up and coming SGA will be a more attractive teammate than Beverly.

 

Yea I was watching some of his replays and his wingspan is crazy when you realize he’s a PG. His reach really lets him get to the hoop easily. I also saw he had this one pretty play with a semi-no-look pass to Tobias Harris but he doesn’t look as aggressive as you’d want him to be (not yet at least).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Prsbest11 said:

He got 31 minutes so that's encouraging

 

It was a blowout & he only had like 9 minutes at the half. The minutes were almost purely from garbage time but it’s interesting to note that Bev still got the least number of minutes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.