dboong

Shai-Gilgeous Alexander 2018-19 season outlook

I hope he gets SF eligibility ? 

Because Doc does play SGA, Bev & Lou Will together mid-game though & SGA stands in the corner sometimes while Bev/Lou Will are primary ball handlers ? 

Edited by MysticPeak

Look at how he reads the defense. Doesn't rush his shots. Uses his length (7 ft wingspan) and timing to block Middleton and Bledsoe. 
This kid doesn't play like a rookie and needs to be rostered in all leagues.

fg% - he won't sabotage you since he chooses his shots carefully

ft% over 80%,

3pt - 1.3 threes in the last three games, however he only took 6 threes and I see 3pt-attempts to increase slightly. 

assists - maybe around 3.5 to 4

stls and blks is where we see the potential - he is already a top-4 point guard in blocks per game only behind John Wall, Ben Simmons, and Eric Bledsoe at 0.8.
steals number should increase with playing time. 

Edited by bhkim814
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

22 hours ago, bhkim814 said:

Look at how he reads the defense. Doesn't rush his shots. Uses his length (7 ft wingspan) and timing to block Middleton and Bledsoe. 
This kid doesn't play like a rookie and needs to be rostered in all leagues.

fg% - he won't sabotage you since he chooses his shots carefully

ft% over 80%,

3pt - 1.3 threes in the last three games, however he only took 6 threes and I see 3pt-attempts to increase slightly. 

assists - maybe around 3.5 to 4

stls and blks is where we see the potential - he is already a top-4 point guard in blocks per game only behind John Wall, Ben Simmons, and Eric Bledsoe at 0.8.
steals number should increase with playing time. 

Mark my words: will be one of the top 5 players in the league in 2 years.

this kid is the complete package. Excellent poise out there for a first year player.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 3

6 minutes ago, jim james said:

Mark my words: will be one of the top 5 players in the league in 2 years.

this kid is the complete package. Excellent poise out there for a first year player.

Pump the brakes. 

This kid won't even be better than Luka or Ayton in that time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

Pump the brakes. 

This kid won't even be better than Luka or Ayton in that time. 

How do you say so?

dropped Jerami grant for him in one of my 12 man leagues. Didn’t want to lose grant because I love his 1/1/1 ability but SGA is going to get that as well, plus he has more upside later on to improve on those numbers we are currently seeing.  Now that I have SGA I just have to make a 2 for 1 trade so I can pick up grant again if he doesn’t get snatched up.

Here is my Chat Dialogue I had with an ESPN Customer Care Agent from Today

Close Chat

Customer Care

This is a Fantasy Basketball Question: How many games must a player start at a different position before he gains that position in Fantasy Basketball? Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, who plays for the LA Clippers, has started the last 3 games at SHOOTING GUARD. The Previous 9 Games he came off the bench as the SHOOTING GUARD. At what point will ESPN add SHOOTING GUARD to his eligibility?
Charles Pittman has joined the chat
Sandra has joined the chat

I apologize for the inconvenience. I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thank You

Sandra are you still there

The League Office uses several subjective criteria to determine additional eligibility. Among those are: How often the player touches the ball Where the player's shots usually come from Defensive assignments Who else is on the floor when the player is in the game Inuries on the team (temporary or long term injury) Where the player is usually positioned in the offensive sets .

Ok so based off of that Shai Gilgeous-Alexander doesn't quallify for the Shooting Guard Position?

When I watch the games Patrick Beverly plays Point Guard and Shai Gilgeous-Alexander plays SHooting Guard

Charles players position are determined before the start of the season and rarely changes. I can forward up your suggestion for review and consideration .

Is there anything else I can help you with today?

I would very much appreciate if you did forward it up Sandra. And thanks again for your Help. I understand it's difficult for a player position to change in fantasy basketball

I'm just used to Fantasy Baseball where players pick up positions pretty quickly in season.

I understand . I will forward the suggestion .

Thank you for contacting ESPN. Have a great day!

You too Ma'am
  • Like 3

classic customer service run-around. Sandra has no clue what you are talking about and will be telling no one in a decision making position anything

• Like 3

Man yall need to get off ESPN and onto Yahoo. ESPN puts zero focus or effort into fantasy. For Yahoo it's a big money maker and they put a lot of time in. Yahoo better in every way - flexible position eligibility, actually respectable preranks similar to BBM for most part, proper ownership numbers and better interface that is easier to read and use with transaction trends, etc. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, beeray said:

classic customer service run-around. Sandra has no clue what you are talking about and will be telling no one in a decision making position anything

It felt like that. I don't believe they have a clue and i is very frustrating. I only have Olidipo and Eric Gordon as my SG's and they are both out today. I have a full slate of games but I am forced to have an empty spot at SG. I'd love to slide SGA in there for tonight's games but he will be on the bench. This is a $100 buy in dynasty league. Maybe I can lobby for us shifting over to Yahoo for next year. ESPN clearly does not care about Fantasy Basketball. They update Fantasy Baseball and Fantasy Football daily. This year they didn't even bother putting any pre draft notes on any of the players. No 2018 player Outlook Write ups. 

12 minutes ago, Cdub2k said:

It felt like that. I don't believe they have a clue and i is very frustrating. I only have Olidipo and Eric Gordon as my SG's and they are both out today. I have a full slate of games but I am forced to have an empty spot at SG. I'd love to slide SGA in there for tonight's games but he will be on the bench. This is a $100 buy in dynasty league. Maybe I can lobby for us shifting over to Yahoo for next year. ESPN clearly does not care about Fantasy Basketball. They update Fantasy Baseball and Fantasy Football daily. This year they didn't even bother putting any pre draft notes on any of the players. No 2018 player Outlook Write ups. 

Im shifting next year. ESPN couldn't care less about there site and customers. But to be fair Yahoo isnt much better as Ive been using them for 20 yrs for baseball and football and they never improve anything that matters. I mean they have Ohtani as 2 different players still and were too lazy to fix that.

Edited by duke of queens

This kid is what Frank Ntilikina should have been by now. I really like his game, very poised and calm, doesn't make a lot of rookie mistakes. I think he will only get better as the season progresses.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Mad Luke said:

This kid is what Frank Ntilikina should have been by now. I really like his game, very poised and calm, doesn't make a lot of rookie mistakes. I think he will only get better as the season progresses.

giphy.gif

Couldn't believe SGA sat on 2/4 of my wires after his last game. I maxed out pick ups for the week and was mad at myself for wasting  a pick. I just knew somebody was gonna pick him for sure. Not! Scooped him quickly for the new week. Couldn't believe it. :D

20 minutes ago, jazzbear said:

If ESPN can't get this guy a headshot 5 weeks into the season there's no way you're getting another position tag.

So fu c k i n g true man ! 

-_- :angry:

You guys should be using Fantrax. Im in leagues on ESPN and Yahoo (due to friends making leagues there), but my money leagues are on Fantrax and it is sooo much better.

ESPN FBB is so trash. I begrudgingly play in a league on there every year. It seems to get more annoying every time. The new site redesign is atrocious/unusable and why is my guy Shai still only a freaking PG? 

11 minutes ago, BETTAFISH said:

ESPN FBB is so trash. I begrudgingly play in a league on there every year. It seems to get more annoying every time. The new site redesign is atrocious/unusable and why is my guy Shai still only a freaking PG? 

And why doesn't he have a picture yet?! Seriously ESPN? Dude is a starter and one of the best rookies of the young season so far. Smh. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fabrar said:

And why doesn't he have a picture yet?! Seriously ESPN? Dude is a starter and one of the best rookies of the young season so far. Smh. 

Because they probably don't know who he is...

• Sad 1