fabrar

Gary Harris 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Surprisingly haven't seen a thread on one of Rotoworld's most beloved fantasy players. Finished last season 17.5/2.6/2.9 on 49%fg/83%ft, w/2.3 triples and 1.8 stls. Where is everyone targeting him this year? I'm super high on him and expect him to take another leap in his 5th year. I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit the 20 ppg mark on very solid efficiency along with ~2 triples and steals. Those numbers almost make him better than prime Klay Thompson who never had those steal statistics.

Will people be reaching for him in the 4th/5th round or does he have a case to be taken in the top 30?

• Like 1

I feel comfortable drafting him 4th or 5th round... He's my 3rd favorite fantasy player behind (KAT and Taurean)... :rolleyes:

BUT I gotta tell you buddy... you're dreaming... HE ABSOLUTELY CAN'T AVERAGE 20 PPG... Denver's stacked team... Jokic, Millsap, Jamal, Barton and fu*king Isaiah...

Last time I checked there's only one ball on the court :D  

Edited by Stefan

I only wish I could get him back :(. I have 5 keepers already. I wish!!!!

Edited by ssolitare

7 minutes ago, Stefan said:

I feel comfortable drafting him 4th or 5th round... He's my 3rd favorite fantasy player behind (KAT and Taurean)... :rolleyes:

BUT I gotta tell you buddy... you're dreaming... HE ABSOLUTELY CAN'T AVERAGE 20 PPG... Denver's stacked team... Jokic, Millsap, Jamal, Barton and fu*king Isaiah...

Last time I checked there's only one ball on the court :D  

I love Gary too and have rostered him in most of my leagues 3 years in a row along with Jimmy Butler one of my most rostered players but I am still worried about his health, I might be overreacting but like Jimmy he just always seems to get hurt. So far he has played 55, 76, 56, 65 games. Not terrible but def points to someone who has a good amount of small injuries. I always worry about guys like that like RHJ & Myles Turner & Jimmy Butler to name a few - they’re not exactly injury prone but they def miss a fair amount of time with little things. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, krupocin said:

I love Gary too and have rostered him in most of my leagues 3 years in a row along with Jimmy Butler one of my most rostered players but I am still worried about his health, I might be overreacting but like Jimmy he just always seems to get hurt. So far he has played 55, 76, 56, 65 games. Not terrible but def points to someone who has a good amount of small injuries. I always worry about guys like that like RHJ & Myles Turner & Jimmy Butler to name a few - they’re not exactly injury prone but they def miss a fair amount of time with little things. 

I agree with the health concerns and Ive always loved Gary.

Seens to pick up minor injuries that tend to linger alot longer. 

Still love his game in real life and in fantasy, one of the few guys who make use of cutting to the basket. Its a damn shame he cant grab 5rpg tho.

• Like 1

I hope he can at least have a 70 GP this season. Love his playstyle.

• Like 1

He's the same mold of player as Bradley Beal, Klay Thompson, and Otto Porter. Great percentages, really helps you out in 3pt, points, steals, low TO. Won't get you much in terms of rebounds or assists, or blocks but that really the only hole in his game. If you have a team that focuses on drafting lots of big men (either punt FT% but especially punt assists) then you should definitely be targeting Harris and the other players listed above.

As someone who drafted him and then traded him away with Whiteside for Marc Gasol and Julius Randle to fit my build, I am regretting it heavily now due to the lost 3s, steal value and overall efficiency he brings to the table. I think I ****** up.

Please forgive me for my sins.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

As someone who drafted him and then traded him away with Whiteside for Marc Gasol and Julius Randle to fit my build, I am regretting it heavily now due to the lost 3s, steal value and overall efficiency he brings to the table. I think I ****** up.

No

19 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

Sorry had to :)  (Proud owner of both Hassan and Harry G)

giphy.gif

Edited by Stefan

grabbed this dude on all my leagues. im all aboard in the gary "gary harris" harris choo choo train.

• Haha 1

I've got Harris on all my teams for the last 3 seasons, he continues to be undervalued at pre-draft rankings and i dont want my fantasy collegues to take him once, or it'll be harder to get him next years...

This year 8pick (medium competitive leagues) was reserved for him.

46 minutes ago, BMartins said:

I've got Harris on all my teams for the last 3 seasons, he continues to be undervalued at pre-draft rankings and i dont want my fantasy collegues to take him once, or it'll be harder to get him next years...

This year 8pick (medium competitive leagues) was reserved for him.

How can you live with yourself waiting that long to draft him? I'm too scared $hitless someone else will get him. last year 60, this year 50...I'm happy to keep that trend up and even in 2 years time I'll be drafting him at good value.

8th round?! Man, I'd never do that to you Gary...

Edited by Jake the snake
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jake the snake said:

How can you live with yourself waiting that long to draft him? I'm too scared $hitless someone else will get him. last year 60, this year 50...I'm happy to keep that trend up and even in 2 years time I'll be drafting him at good value.

8th round?! Man, I'd never do that to you Gary...

That's the good part, my league mates still haven't understand his top 50 value (at least)  and ESPN rankings helps.

Next year probably ill need a 6pick

Edited by BMartins

51 minutes ago, BMartins said:

That's the good part, my league mates still haven't understand his top 50 value (at least)  and ESPN rankings helps.

Next year probably ill need a 6pick

ESPN rankings really makes fantasy unfair when you know what you’re doing amongst guys with less experience lol, I should know

9 minutes ago, Boogie Buckets said:

ESPN rankings really makes fantasy unfair when you know what you’re doing amongst guys with less experience lol, I should know

ESPN rankings suck, Yahoo rankings are more realistic. 

This is my first year having him in any of my fantasy teams after missing out on him last couple of seasons.  It feels like I'm the only one in my leagued hyped on him.  He does seem underrated.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gill2k said:

This is my first year having him in any of my fantasy teams after missing out on him last couple of seasons.  It feels like I'm the only one in my leagued hyped on him.  He does seem underrated.

This is my 2nd year having him. He won't wow you with his stat lines, but SG's who shoot 48% from the field with close to two 3PT's a game and two steals don't grow on trees. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, SnackilleOatmeal said:

This is my 2nd year having him. He won't wow you with his stat lines, but SG's who shoot 48% from the field with close to two 3PT's a game and two steals don't grow on trees. 

They totes do...

Nice Gary.jpg

• Haha 5