fabrar

Gary Harris 2018-2019 Season Outlook

1 minute ago, Gile Pile said:

Let's know  if you win FG% with Ellington and Bullock on the roster.     Assuming they play at all. 

Some of ya'll need to turn on your sarcasm meter ;)

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Absolutely, too many mouths to feed.  Murray, Will Barton, Monte Morris, Craig, Malik Beasly, IT when he returns.  20 minutes and 6 points may be his ceiling until his next injury.

Those are all a bunch of scrubs, outside of Barton. They’ve only been getting playing time because of the injuries to Gary and Will. Please come back and visit this thread in lets say 2 weeks time. These guys aren’t robots, christ almighty. Back from injury, no legs under him, shooting touch not back to normal, first game back. I mean cmon really... common sense. Denver became that much more dangerous now. I guess disregard, just read your last post ...:D

Edited by RunCMC
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Absolutely, too many mouths to feed.  Murray, Will Barton, Monte Morris, Craig, Malik Beasly, IT when he returns.  20 minutes and 6 points may be his ceiling until his next injury.

I get the frustration but i think you are exaggerating. I agree, there are many mouths to feed in Denver right now but still... You underestimate Harris. I asked you your league format out of curiosity but it doesn't really matter. Unless you are in a super shallow league with no IR spots it doesn't make any sense to even consider about dropping. He is giving you 3s, points and steals in an efficient way (when healthy), what more can you ask? The CS are easing his way back to the starting lineup. 

57 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Some of ya'll need to turn on your sarcasm meter ;)

someone needs to get better at sarcasm, so we can detect it.  My sarcasm meter does not work with such small quantities   :P

• Haha 2

Gary Harris gets back up to 14 minutes
Gary Harris scored 14 points with three rebounds and two 3-pointers in 31 minutes against the Kings on Thursday.

Advice: He was just a shade under his 31.7 minutes per game this season, and it was a mild surprise he didn't start today. Maybe that'll change, but it doesn't really matter if it doesn't because minutes are minutes. Coach Mike Malone did hint that Harris is "still searching for that rhythm and confidence today." Maybe he'll be need one more game on the bench, maybe not. The Nuggets healthy first unit was one of the best in the NBA last year, but again Harris will possess early-round upside as long as he's getting minutes in the 30s. He needs to be owned everywhere again

Who are these Rotoworld blurb writers? It's hard to read these lol

• Haha 2

He'll be fine but his upside isn't going to be early round imo. There are five legit scoring options in the starting lineup when everyone is healthy and a relatively deep bench now with Morris, Beasley, Juancho, Lyles, and potentially IT.   

I would not hold your breath for last year's value.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

He'll be fine but his upside isn't going to be early round imo. There are five legit scoring options in the starting lineup when everyone is healthy and a relatively deep bench now with Morris, Beasley, Juancho, Lyles, and potentially IT.   

I'd be happy to see him get back to how he was playing this season pre injury. That was fine

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eltoro said:

His value is not based on scoring volume, rather elite efficiency and steals from the SG position.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

His value is not based on scoring volume, rather elite efficiency and steals from the SG position.  

After steals his three biggest contributors to value last year were 3pm, pts, and fg%. If his 3 point attempts drop like they have, it has a ripple effect. 

High efficiency moderate/low-usage guys like Harris are very sensitive to these inputs. Not to mention that Denver's depth might mean fewer minutes which means fewer steal opportunities.  

Harris will probably go on a tear at some point but as long as everyone is healthy I think the individual Nuggets will be inconsistent with caps on upside.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

After steals his three biggest contributors to value last year were 3pm, pts, and fg%. If his 3 point attempts drop like they have, it has a ripple effect. 

High efficiency moderate/low-usage guys like Harris are very sensitive to these inputs. Not to mention that Denver's depth might mean fewer minutes which means fewer steal opportunities.  

Harris will probably go on a tear at some point but as long as everyone is healthy I think the individual Nuggets will be inconsistent with caps on upside.

We can agree to disagree. I don't think guys like Lyles, Monte, IT or beasley will affect Harris' minutes or usage.  Those guys are bench players for a reason and none of them play the 3 & D role like Gary Harris.  As for Barton, Harris and Barton have already proven they can coexist at an elite level. 

Edited by El_Chingon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

We can agree to disagree. I don't think guys like Lyles, Monte, IT or beasley will affect Harris' minutes or usage.  Those guys are bench players for a reason and none of them play the 3 & D role like Gary Harris.  As for Barton, Harris and Barton have already proven they can coexist at an elite level. 

Sure, but Millsap missed a big chunk of last season, and when he came back Harris was mostly out. In the first 15 games they were both healthy, Harris averaged 10.5 field goal attempts per game.

14 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

Sure, but Millsap missed a big chunk of last season, and when he came back Harris was mostly out. In the first 15 games they were both healthy, Harris averaged 10.5 field goal attempts per game.

Sorry but Millsap doesn't negatively affect Harris at all.  Look at this season's game logs, Harris' shot attempts are not affected at all by Millsap.  Different positions, and Millsap is a not a volume scorer especially at this stage of his career.  

1 hour ago, El_Chingon said:

Sorry but Millsap doesn't negatively affect Harris at all.  Look at this season's game logs, Harris' shot attempts are not affected at all by Millsap.  Different positions, and Millsap is a not a volume scorer especially at this stage of his career.  

Those game logs also don’t show Barton playing... I think last years usage with all 3 in the lineup might give us a better picture...

13 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

The steals are down and last years numbers look like an outlier.  The threes are down.  FG is poo.  Not much contributions in other categories.  Low scoring volume that is capped and has no upside.  I tried to trade for him earlier this year and glad I didn't.  Maybe he turns it around at some point and gets to 2 threes/game, but I don't see it.  Like El Toro says players like Harris are very sensitive to these slight variations / downturns in stats that can wildly impact their value.   Overrated imo and likely outside the top 50 ROS.  

And by overrated I mean that most drafts I did, he was taken in the early 3rd round / top 30.  Same with Otto.  

17 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

And by overrated I mean that most drafts I did, he was taken in the early 3rd round / top 30.  Same with Otto.  

Premature to judge Harris or Otto yet.  They have been injured and it will take a second to get back into a rhythm.  Patience isn't easy to come by but give them a few weeks before you judge their rest of season outlook

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Premature to judge Harris or Otto yet.  They have been injured and it will take a second to get back into a rhythm.  Patience isn't easy to come by but give them a few weeks before you judge their rest of season outlook

Sure thing, patience is always good.  I'm just going to predict that he doesn't reach his elite steal + percentage combo, and if he doesn't his value is completely shot.  Another thing to factor in is injuries, and both Porter and Harris have had a slew of injuries.  

similar to Markkanen situation, in a way that we  are questioning a player coming back from injury. Harris is averaging   1.7  3P  this year (2.2 last year).  Steals?  1.1  this year vs 1.8 last year.  Points are 16 vs 17.5.

Small drop across the board, but noting catastrophic (hello Gordon Hayward).

In my 16 team H2H a got him at 64th overall (round 5).

So he is producing when healthy.

If you drafted him in first 3 rounds, take a look at the mirror.

,1.73p, 1.1 st and 43% FG  is fine with me. he can  only go up from  here

I'm a first time Harris owner in fantasy (points league), and so far seems pretty darn underwhelming.  Granted he's been injured a lot and what not, but I haven't seen the elite efficiency, steals, etc. that many talk about even when he is playing 30+ mpg.  It seems like people are constantly saying he's about to get back to his last year ways, but does that still seem like a likely scenario to you all given Denver's options and style of play?

Posted (edited)

Not starting again along with Milsap. I wonder how long this lasts?

Edited by chud12

6 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Not starting again along with Milsap. I wonder how long this lasts?

I imagine they are being eased back into the action especially with a game today and a five-game week next week.  

10 minutes ago, Nica4two said:

I'm a first time Harris owner in fantasy (points league), and so far seems pretty darn underwhelming.  Granted he's been injured a lot and what not, but I haven't seen the elite efficiency, steals, etc. that many talk about even when he is playing 30+ mpg.  It seems like people are constantly saying he's about to get back to his last year ways, but does that still seem like a likely scenario to you all given Denver's options and style of play?

You should just go ahead and drop him then.