fabrar

Gary Harris 2018-2019 Season Outlook

12 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

I imagine they are being eased back into the action especially with a game today and a five-game week next week.  

Malone has known to do crazy things with his rotations so I wouldn’t be surprised if this lasts longer then expected since the Nuggs have been winning regardless. 

30 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

You should just go ahead and drop him then.

Ha, that response is on par with "well maybe you should leave this country" after I voice my displeasure toward certain governmental policies or something.  

It was an observation, and I assume people have more insightful things to say then, "you should just go ahead and drop him then."  Obviously something I won't do because I'm aware of his upside and potential.

Appears to have found his rhythm in DEN's offense again, but still not exhibiting any kind of consistency from the line yet. 

It's going to be interesting to see how much run Malone will give him with two B2B's next week.  Would not be at all surprises if he gets at least one DNP (Tues, on back end of their first B2B most likely).  

3 minutes ago, HerrMcKenzie said:

Great game tonight!

Another day in the office for Mr. Harris!

WavyEverlastingDragonfly-size_restricted

Well... he tried to go for a steal and got elbowed by Harden in the groin. Hes now on the bench with a huge ice pack on his hamstring while the starters are in. He just can't stay healthy. Hopefully its not too serious, we need you Gary :(

I like his game but 3 years in a row now he can't stay on the court. Getting hard to rely on him at this point.

Posted (edited)

I may sell low for someone more dependable :( 

Edited by SuperHans

Chill out guys he got hit on the thigh and got subbed out a min later, he then asked back into the game but the game was out of hand so he sat. He may miss tomorrow but should be fine for rest of the week.

3 minutes ago, PaddyAustralia said:

Chill out guys he got hit on the thigh and got subbed out a min later, he then asked back into the game but the game was out of hand so he sat. He may miss tomorrow but should be fine for rest of the week.

I agree but Gary is no question injury prone. This is my 2nd year owning him and he gets banged up quite easy. 

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, PaddyAustralia said:

Just was calling a spade a spade. He’s missed 25 and 15 games the last two seasons and 13 so far this year...and is now dealing with something else. 

Edited by HK-47

2 hours ago, PaddyAustralia said:

Tj McBride 

Malone said he is waiting to talk to trainers to see what is going on with Gary Harris. Harris told Malone he was fine after the game m, but Malone said there was some concern about his hamstring.

Posted (edited)

I think we too often fall in love with these glue guys in fantasy....

gary harris is a more than solid player, but he will never become a superstar or fantasy beast...

and lets face facts... volume on offense brings save stats with harris this is not the case. He was great 1or  2 years ago where you got him late or even at the end of the draft.  Now as a Top 50 Player he is a huge risk. efficiency (FG%) and steals are sometimes very flucky. If he shoots under 0.45% from the field and he's not even close to 2 Stl a game he has no chance to be top 50. He is not a guy with a high upside. The nuggets have to many mouth to feed and they play too many guys that can put the ball in the hoop.

In the future i'am very skeptical in picking guys early that are ranked high because of fg%, low TOs or flucky steals.... As cool as these guys are in real life in fantasy you need firepower and a clear role on offense. Drafting someone like harris top 50 just for steals and efficiency is not worth it in my opinion....

Edited by Fantasyhero
  • Like 4

Harris is avging 16/3.3/2.8 with 1.0 stls on 43%/80% shooting with 1.7 threes

Jordan Clarkson is avging 17/3.3/2.3 with 0/7 stls on 45%/86% shooting with 1.8 threes

it's kind of a problem is JC, who's on the wire in most leagues and probably went undrafted, is avging the same number as a top 50 pick. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fantasyhero said:

gary harris is a more than solid player, but he will never become a superstar or fantasy beast...

and lets face facts... volume on offense brings save stats with harris this is not the case. He was great 1or  2 years ago where you got him late or even at the end of the draft.  Now as a Top 50 Player he is a huge risk. efficiency (FG%) and steals are sometimes very flucky. If he shoots under 0.45% from the field and he's not even close to 2 Stl a game he has no chance to be top 50. He is not a guy with a high upside. The nuggets have to many mouth to feed and they play too many guys that can put the ball in the hoop.

In the future i'am very skeptical in picking guys early that are ranked high because of fg%, low TOs or flucky steals.... As cool as these guys are in real life in fantasy you need firepower and a clear role on offense. Drafting someone like harris top 50 just for steals and efficiency is not worth it in my opinion....

@El_Chingon  THIS (except Harris WAS a fantasy beast last year and the year before).  I understand you like the guy and all and are holding on for him to succeed, and that's ok, I do it to for other players I like / roster too.  

@Fantasyhero except he was drafted top 35 in the 4 real drafts i did.  I wouldn't necessarily call the FG / steal / TO combo fluky, just that if any of them drop from elite to average the player loses a ton of value.  That being said Harris is somehow still ranked 86th on BBM in per game value.  However in Roto leagues for total value he's ranked 167th, making him the biggest bust of the year for roto leagues. 

Posted (edited)

And... he's out. Both him and Murray are just disappointing to say the least. At least the other one plays. There is just no way he should be drafted ahead of more proven/guaranteed studs, not sure what I was thinking when Vuce/Covington/Lavine was still available. 

Edited by Raiiny
  • Like 1

Dude is softer than a box of Charmin. He goes on my do-not-draft list from here on forward. Just imagine owning him on the same team with Paul, Dragic and AD along with a few Spurs players. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Taipan said:

Dude is softer than a box of Charmin. He goes on my do-not-draft list from here on forward. Just imagine owning him on the same team with Paul, Dragic and AD along with a few Spurs players. 

Well, I owned him on a team with CP3 and AD last year and took the chip.  At this point I’m just hoping he’s healthy and in a groove when it really counts (H2H PO). 

I don't know why any of you expected him to play six games out of eight days when being eased back from injury.  Lots of panic and overreaction on this thread lol.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Fantasyhero said:

Why are his steals or fg% "fluky"?

That's like saying Gobert's blocks or Klay's 3pm are fluke stats.

If y'all want to cry about him being injured this year that is understandable, take it to the vent and rant thread.  But his skill-set isn't a fluke.  He is proven in what he can contribute in fantasy and real life.