fabrar

Gary Harris 2018-2019 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, El_Chingon said:

Why are his steals or fg% "fluky"?

That's like saying Gobert's blocks or Klay's 3pm are fluke stats.

If y'all want to cry about him being injured this year that is understandable, take it to the vent and rant thread.  But his skill-set isn't a fluke.  He is proven in what he can contribute in fantasy and real life. 

Stls are not as sustainable as other stats, that's just how it is. Many players had a sudden dropoff in steals from one season to another even by playing the same amount of minutes. Conley for example was a 2spg player then dropped to around 1-1.3 for example. Also Harris only had 1 year of having above 1.5 stls which was last year, his highest before that was 1.3. He isn't Kawhi with 5+ seasons of getting 1.5-2stls a game. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Raiiny said:

Stls are not as sustainable as other stats, that's just how it is. Many players had a sudden dropoff in steals from one season to another even by playing the same amount of minutes. Conley for example was a 2spg player then dropped to around 1-1.3 for example. Also Harris only had 1 year of having above 1.5 stls which was last year, his highest before that was 1.3. He isn't Kawhi with 5+ seasons of getting 1.5-2stls a game. 

Sorry but this is simply not true.  Harris' ability to steal the ball is not a fluke.

His per-36 in steals has been consistently excellent over the past 3 seasons:

2014-15:  1.4

2016-17:  1.4 

2017-18:  1.9

Edited by El_Chingon

Too much drama....

His ADP is 73 (highest on yahoo at 46, lowest on espn at 90)   https://www.fantasypros.com/nba/adp/overall.php

At the moment he is ranked 89th in standard H2H, 9-cat leagues

If you drafted him higher than 50, what were you expecting from him this year?

My only complaint this season are injuries, if you don't play you cannot contribute

• Like 1

I'm convinced this guy's muscles and tendons are made up of rubber bands and paperclips he stays getting injured 😣 

On 1/9/2019 at 1:43 AM, El_Chingon said:

Sorry but this is simply not true.  Harris' ability to steal the ball is not a fluke.

His per-36 in steals has been consistently excellent over the past 3 seasons:

2014-15:  1.4

2016-17:  1.4 

2017-18:  1.9

A 0.5 drop or jump in steals is huge, you do realize that.  Oladipo's value was buoyed by and insane 2.4 steals last year (along with good FG and higher blocks, etc).  His steal rate was always good, not flukey, but last year was a major outlier, just like Harris.  Neither will likely see that level of steals again in their career (maybe they do, but I don't think so). 

34 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

A 0.5 drop or jump in steals is huge, you do realize that.  Oladipo's value was buoyed by and insane 2.4 steals last year (along with good FG and higher blocks, etc).  His steal rate was always good, not flukey, but last year was a major outlier, just like Harris.  Neither will likely see that level of steals again in their career (maybe they do, but I don't think so). 

Idk if he can have a season average of 1.5 stls for the year but I think he can sustain 1.5 stls ROS.... 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Idk if he can have a season average of 1.5 stls for the year but I think he can sustain 1.5 stls ROS.... 

Assuming he plays in every game remaining (unlikely) he needs to average 1.8-1.9 steals to hit 1.5 steals for the season. Unfortunate but seems like he's more of a 1.0-1.5 stl guy this year.

53 minutes ago, backyardballer said:

Assuming he plays in every game remaining (unlikely) he needs to average 1.8-1.9 steals to hit 1.5 steals for the season. Unfortunate but seems like he's more of a 1.0-1.5 stl guy this year.

He's a 1.0-1.5 steals guy every year other than last years 1.8.  

He's earned himself the Anthony Davis treatment:

Probable = Questionable

Questionable = Out

Doubtful = Out 2-4 Weeks

Out 2-4 Weeks = Out 2-4 Months

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

6 minutes ago, CFN said:

He's earned himself the Anthony Davis treatment:

Probable = Questionable

Questionable = Out

Doubtful = Out 2-4 Weeks

Out 2-4 Weeks = Out 2-4 Months

Better than Barton

8-10 weeks = indefinitely

2 weeks = indefinitely

next week= indefinitely

soon= indefinitely

2 weeks after the initial soon = indefinitely

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 2

Good god you are killing me Gary. Not sure I can sell him off at this stage either. Hell I wouldn’t touch him with a 10ft pole if I didn’t own him.

I think it's likely he sits out against Phoenix tonight then plays against Portland tomorrow. With his injury history, I doubt they bring him back in tonight right before a back to back.

7 minutes ago, Asapjoshy said:

3 games out 

where’s that IL tag 👀👀

I wonder how much that good, oft-discussed playoff schedule the Nuggets have will actually be worth in Garris' case.

I regret drafting this guy😜 has more mossed games than total played game this season👎

And I thought trading him for Ariza was worth it (as advised by most). Hopefully he eventually shows up. 

19 hours ago, brickcitymamba said:

I wonder how much that good, oft-discussed playoff schedule the Nuggets have will actually be worth in Garris' case.

I think that ship has sailed unfortunately. Been a headache so far.

Malone: Gary Harris (hamstring) closer to doubtful Sunday.

5 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Malone: Gary Harris (hamstring) closer to doubtful Sunday.

Thanks Malone but I already put him on my IR and don't plan to take him off it for the foreseeable future.:lol:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

Thanks Malone but I already put him on my IR and don't plan to take him off it for the foreseeable future.:lol:

Yeah, he's going to be a guy that's going to have to prove it for a few games before I have any sort of confidence in him.