fabrar

Gary Harris 2018-2019 Season Outlook

The "mouths to feed" and depth are the same as last year.  He's working his way back from injury.  Time to buy low from the panicking / newbie owners in your leagues.

Don’t own any shares and I feel bad for owners at this point.  

On 1/29/2019 at 3:42 AM, El_Chingon said:

The "mouths to feed" and depth are the same as last year.  He's working his way back from injury.  Time to buy low from the panicking / newbie owners in your leagues.

not totally true....they're going to be in a comfortable position going into the playoffs this year (not fighting for 8th seed), IT coming back to a guard rotation with 4 guys who need minutes.  Plus I'm a bit worried Harris is gonna be getting rested at the end of the year to keep him fresh for playoffs. 

On 1/28/2019 at 9:25 PM, nospmoht04 said:

Same here.   The thought hasn’t crossed my mind to get rid of him.  He’s just had some tough injuries and will come around, not worried.  

Great playoff schedule, but is he going to be getting rested to keep fresh for the NBA playoffs?

They won't be fighting for the 8th seed like last year...

I’ve had some injury prone guys on my squad over the years but this fool might be the worst. He’s almost worked his way to “stash” at this point, can’t play a full game with starters minutes without getting hurt.

If he's missing more than 2 games from this "injury" I'm done with him. Wouldn't be so bad if he was playing at least decent when actually playing.

Edited by Raiiny

He's been playing "ok" basically. I'm fine with him doing what he's been lately. Having said that my 3rd straight year of owning him will be the last. He has to really be firing on all cylinders to meet value. If his great FG% from a guard isn't there he's basically just a fringe starter at best. His steal rate from last year looks like an anomaly as well.

Gary Harris (groin) available to play Wednesday.

5 hours ago, crucialmovement said:

Great playoff schedule, but is he going to be getting rested to keep fresh for the NBA playoffs?

They won't be fighting for the 8th seed like last year...

I mean he needs some reps at some point, seems like he’s barely played.  Can’t be sure but I get the feeling he’ll go on a run before the year ends. 

3 hours ago, Benjamin1984 said:

He's been playing "ok" basically. I'm fine with him doing what he's been lately. Having said that my 3rd straight year of owning him will be the last. He has to really be firing on all cylinders to meet value. If his great FG% from a guard isn't there he's basically just a fringe starter at best. His steal rate from last year looks like an anomaly as well.

Couldn't you say this about any player though?  He hasn't really been healthy all year so naturally his numbers are down.  

27 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Couldn't you say this about any player though?  He hasn't really been healthy all year so naturally his numbers are down.  

Not really some players seem to always produce somehow even in a slump unless they literally fall off a cliff. Look at Klay he was struggling all year but you look at his rank and he's still giving top 30 value. Covington will have his stocks even with low %s. Otto Porter has been complained about all year but still giving top50 value. When PJ Tucker(someone I dropped and picked up at least 3 times) is playing better than Harris per game then that's a problem imo. 

Edited by Raiiny

He’s one of the few players on my team I haven’t traded all year because I refuse to sell low and I won’t be doing it anytime soon. I believe in you Gary I’m still confident my patience will be rewarded because I know what he can be. 

Edited by Boogie Buckets

17 minutes ago, Raiiny said:

Not really some players seem to always produce somehow even in a slump unless they literally fall off a cliff. Look at Klay he was struggling all year but you look at his rank and he's still giving top 30 value. Covington will have his stocks even with low %s. Otto Porter has been complained about all year but still giving top50 value. When PJ Tucker(someone I dropped and picked up at least 3 times) is playing better than Harris per game then that's a problem imo. 

You missed the point.  Harris has been in and out of lineup due to injury, playing games not fully healthy or under a minutes restriction.  

his shot is really really off,suck

3 minutes ago, kane said:

his shot is really really off,suck

Just hit a 3, he has a pulse.