Gorgeous George

Nerlens Noel 2018-19 Season Outlook

I love Noel. I been researching on Steven Adams last season average minutes. Roughly per game 32-33 MPG. So if we do quick math, 48 minutes minus 33 is 15. We learned so far that Noel is playing purely Center minutes. So that just gives roughly 15-17 MPG. I think at least 20-22 MPG is what he needs to provide us solid rebs/stls/Blks. 

He he is a per minute stud. So I think that provides somewhat a positive view on the 15-17 minutes possibility. 

12 Standard Leagues he is a “streamer”

14+ Teams leagues he is a must own. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DoctorLove said:

Anybody taking a chance on NewOrleans with Adams already being questionable tonight with a tight back?

Low on the players tonight, even with Adams I dont see it as a competitive game, he might get some more run tonight...basically just hoping for some blk and stl

• Like 1

I scooped him up for tonight, had an open spot due to IR. Adam's could be out, I doubt it but he could and 3rd and most importantly I'm a hoops junkie and just had to make a speculative move lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, thornton1986 said:

Do we grab this guy?

Because he reminds you of what he's capable of when he gets minutes?

Nothing changed. When Adams returns, Noel returns to obscurity. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We all know Noel can put on a nice stat line given minutes but as long as Adams is healthy, hes just not worth the headache 

• Like 2

Goodness gracious. First class handcuff in Noel. What a line.

• Haha 1

if and only if he gets more minutes than usual, he might be rosterable. but when Aquaman returns, i doubt if this guy can give us a decent statline

• Like 2

congrats to whoever streamed him tonight but...don't get your hopes up guys.

like PAX said, once Aquaman comes back, Nerlens is going straight back to ~13 minutes a game

Considering this is their first win and Noel had been riding pine the last few (only) losses, maybe, just maybe, it can move the needle to him getting more minutes. In his last few games held hostage by the Sixers, he was averaging about 10 points, 6 rebounds,1.4 steals and a block in less than 20 minutes a game.  That's premium for an end of the bench big. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Would it be too crazy to think they’d try to put him in the 4-spot? ? Weren’t they running Noel and Okafor back in Philly at the same time for a while?

I’m assuming this will earn him more minutes. I think him and Adams can be decent together. I’d hate to not pick him up also and then Adams is out for a while and I miss the boat

23 minutes ago, tazdingo said:

Would it be too crazy to think they’d try to put him in the 4-spot? ? Weren’t they running Noel and Okafor back in Philly at the same time for a while?

i really doubt they'd do it. Philly doesn't count. okc is more willing to sacrifice shooting for defense, but Noel isn't exactly Robertson. he can't switch onto every position. okc seems only willing to play him at center, so he needs a trade for sustained fantasy relevance to be a top 100 player. even if he were playing 25+ minutes he wouldn't put up numbers like this every night; he can't shoot free throws. hardly any roto leagues where he should even be owned right now. 

Adams doesn’t get hurt very often so if this turns into something serious I’ll be glad I snagged him. Not expecting anything but who knows