Gorgeous George

Nerlens Noel 2018-19 Season Outlook

23 minutes ago, PauGaSpurs said:

It's a tight calf, so likely nerlens going to be a good streamer for a few games

how do you know it is a tight calf?

Edited by Gile Pile

26 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Right. Run don’t walk. Waiver of the year.

lol cmon man, some people might actually believe you.

• Haha 2

THIS GUY NEEDS TO BE A STARTER SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Spurs could use him, he just needs to show that he's not the brat that the Sixers made him out to be and the uncoachable player that made Carlisle (!) bench him for basically the entire season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sendooran_sCaR said:

NOEL 100% starter material . Dude can ball. 

lol, the original Marquese Chriss.  

Good luck with this guy, that was a beastly line he put up the other day.

Everyone is healthy until they aren't (reference James Harden since January). I'm not trying to predict Adams health. The focus is on the upside of nerlens with minutes. If you can stash then stash. If you can't then be fast to any Twitter news. But this is the name of the game with wire guys. If it hits then you have a top 50 player. If it doesn't you keep hustling. No one should expect to start nerlens if he isn't starting. Also, this line was against the suns. It doesn't get much better than that. 

16 hours ago, Kamura said:

lol cmon man, some people might actually believe you.

That poster might believe it tbh.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, thezing1 said:

Everyone is healthy until they aren't (reference James Harden since January). I'm not trying to predict Adams health. The focus is on the upside of nerlens with minutes. If you can stash then stash. If you can't then be fast to any Twitter news. But this is the name of the game with wire guys. If it hits then you have a top 50 player. If it doesn't you keep hustling. No one should expect to start nerlens if he isn't starting. 

He's unrosterable in H2H if you're looking for seasonlong gains. If you own Adams in a roto league of a certain depth, it's a different story. 

2 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

He's unrosterable in H2H if you're looking for seasonlong gains. If you own Adams in a roto league of a certain depth, it's a different story. 

Everyone needs to apply the context of their league setting. I can't go through all the variations. The point is that nerlens represents high upside if his starter goes down. That's all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

Everyone needs to apply the context of their league setting. I can't go through all the variations. The point is that nerlens represents high upside if his starter goes down. That's all. 

Yea agree high upside, and if he's on the wire it's by definition low risk.  That said, there's an opportunity cost and anybody that picks him up should be prepared and ready to move on quickly if the minutes and production aren't there.

4 minutes ago, Heavy_Jon said:

He really can't handle big minutes anymore.

Yea you're dealing with two problems with Noel:

1) he kinda sucks now

2) even if he plays well he's a big injury risk and more minutes, more risk.

I'd say he has a very high upside with almost no chance to reach, this year or any other year.

• Like 1

Questionable to play after ankle tweak in last game. Would have been useful to have heard about that yesterday after the game... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

What's up with this guy. Is he not even trying?

He fouled out in 9 minutes lol

His personal fouls are through the roof this year.

Million dollar talent (now down to about 10 dollars thanks to injuries) and a 10 cent head.  This dude is a superstar in an alternate universe but in this one?  Drop him.

• Haha 2

2 steals 2 blocks in 5 minutes, it’s criminal that they don’t give him a few more minutes...

Quietly averaging over 2.5 stocks the last 2 weeks. I just added him in my 14 team league. Shrewd add in the case Adams ever goes down, and he is still producing low end value in 15-20 minutes anyways. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

Any OKC fans (or people who watches OKC) here? Do they ever play Noel & Adams together?

No. It’s scientifically impossible. Neither can shoot outside of 5 feet

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Nerlens I am a super max player who got nothing Noel is alive and well, except on the super max part.

Edited by NBA_OG

get well soon man. in a 16 teamer his stocks in limited time is very handy.