Sign in to follow this  
stinkroach

De’Anthony Melton 2018-2019 Season outlook

He's a solid flier to take a chance on because of his opportunity on a terrible team.  Everyone on here commenting about how he'll "get figured out" and that he isn't that good.. that is irrelevant if he is going to get 27+ mpg.  Plenty of 'not good' players have been useful fantasy options. 

Booker 'should' be their PG but they have always been hesitant to label Booker as their PG, for whatever reason.  They went as low as trotting out Isaiah Canaan at PG so Booker could play SG.  Why wouldn't they try out Melton at PG and Booker at SG when he's healthy?  His FG% will be ugly but he's got a chance to contribute solid assists and steals.

11 minutes ago, BoogieNights said:

He's a solid flier to take a chance on because of his opportunity on a terrible team.  Everyone on here commenting about how he'll "get figured out" and that he isn't that good.. that is irrelevant if he is going to get 27+ mpg.  Plenty of 'not good' players have been useful fantasy options. 

Booker 'should' be their PG but they have always been hesitant to label Booker as their PG, for whatever reason.  They went as low as trotting out Isaiah Canaan at PG so Booker could play SG.  Why wouldn't they try out Melton at PG and Booker at SG when he's healthy?  His FG% will be ugly but he's got a chance to contribute solid assists and steals.

He's not that good. It's easier to get 27+ mpg when you're good, ducy.

I'd add him on most teams and be comfortable dropping him in a week. I also wouldn't be dropping some elite stash for him.

Also, what? Booker shouldn't be anyone's point guard. He's a 2, no question about it.

Edited by miasma16

He's putting up modest numbers from the end of bench in deep leagues. What's not to like, and who cares if he's good or not? He will show me who he is moving forward and I'll hold him or I won't. It's nice not having to stream this week, and it's nice to root for a guy who's stepping up small time from outta nowhere.

1 hour ago, Auction>Snake said:

Define good seeing as you're the world's authority on what makes a good player. 

The one thing I will give the person is Melton's shooting is suspect, as in he has a poor FG% overall, so it isn't completely off base to question how good he is.  He's still managed to produce fairly solid numbers of late in the starting lineup, so there's still value right now as long as you are willing to take a bit of a hit in FG%.

Edited by KilloWertz

28 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

The one thing I will give the person is Melton's shooting is suspect, as in he has a poor FG% overall, so it isn't completely off base to question how good he is.  He's still managed to produce fairly solid numbers of late in the starting lineup, so there's still value right now as long as you are willing to take a bit of a hit in FG%.

So what you're saying is he's a rookie

I wised up this morning and dropped him.  I force myself not to fall in love with JAGs.  He was picked up less than 30 minutes later (no collusion).  If yall in deeper leagues need a stash, just know if you drop you won't be getting him back.  I don't give AF about my last guys though so I'm a bit different.  Hopefully I won't regret this long term.

Good luck Melton owners moving forward.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Auction>Snake said:

Define good seeing as you're the world's authority on what makes a good player. 

I and others have spent the past 3 pages breaking down his game, his prospects and what he looks like as a player going forward.

You're contributing gems like this: 

On 12/11/2018 at 3:48 PM, Auction>Snake said:

He could pull a donovan mitchell it all depends on the ariza trade

Please, drop the attitude. You're contributing worthless posts to this thread, me and a half-dozen others are bringing some perspective.

Use your eyes.

You clearly haven't watched him play at all. I have. He has game, but he's not particularly impressive, and he'll likely spend most of his time on the bench if Phoenix gets a half-decent point guard. No team in the league seems more motivated to trade for anything than Phoenix is to trade for a point guard, so, uh, yeah.

You also clearly haven't read the thread. I, and said half-dozen others, have already said everything that needs to be said about him. You want to drop some loser at the end of your bench? Go ahead. You could do worse. Don't drop a good stash for him. Guys like SGA have upside. Guys like that have a line on minutes, they're high-quality pedigree NBA talents, and they have fantasy friendly games. Melton can have his minutes sapped in an instant, he's a second-rounder that wasn't a highly-touted player out of high school, he's a s h o o t i n g g u a r d that plays behind Booker so his minutes aren't anywhere near secure beyond a week from now, and for all the riding I'm seeing, he's ranked 172nd per game the past 2 weeks.

You think he has Donovan Mitchell potential, which is laughable for any numbers of reasons? Why? You obviously have no idea what kind of a prospect he is, if you think that. You're adding him because he's an unknown. Well, let me give you some advice that will surely fall on deaf ears. Guys like SGA get dropped by idiots because those idiots have seen them have bad stretches of fantasy basketball. Guys like Melton get added because you have yet to see him be bad. Think about why that is.

Odds are, he didn't play the first month of the season because he's just not that good.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, miasma16 said:

I and others have spent the past 3 pages breaking down his game, his prospects and what he looks like as a player going forward.

You're contributing gems like this: 

Please, drop the attitude. You're contributing worthless posts to this thread, me and a half-dozen others are bringing some perspective.

Use your eyes.

You clearly haven't watched him play at all. I have. He has game, but he's not particularly impressive, and he'll likely spend most of his time on the bench if Phoenix gets a half-decent point guard. No team in the league seems more motivated to trade for anything than Phoenix is to trade for a point guard, so, uh, yeah.

You also clearly haven't read the thread. I, and said half-dozen others, have already said everything that needs to be said about him. You want to drop some loser at the end of your bench? Go ahead. You could do worse. Don't drop a good stash for him. Guys like SGA have upside. Guys like that have a line on minutes, they're high-quality pedigree NBA talents, and they have fantasy friendly games. Melton can have his minutes sapped in an instant, he's a second-rounder that wasn't a highly-touted player out of high school, he's a s h o o t i n g g u a r d that plays behind Booker so his minutes aren't anywhere near secure beyond a week from now, and for all the riding I'm seeing, he's ranked 172nd per game the past 2 weeks.

You think he has Donovan Mitchell potential, which is laughable for any numbers of reasons? Why? You obviously have no idea what kind of a prospect he is, if you think that. You're adding him because he's an unknown. Well, let me give you some advice that will surely fall on deaf ears. Guys like SGA get dropped by idiots because those idiots have seen them have bad stretches of fantasy basketball. Guys like Melton get added because you have yet to see him be bad. Think about why that is.

Hide contents

Odds are, he didn't play the first month of the season because he's just not that good.

Thanks, Yoda. Donovan Mitchell was completely tongue-in-cheek we like to hype up guys on this forum because you know fantasy is a fun time. You have 3,000+ posts here you should know that by now. Why do you treat this forum like an operating room relax guy. Saying he isn't a good player a few games in has no foundation whatsoever, it's even more ridiculous than comparing him to Donovan Mitchell except you're obviously serious, because you can't be anything else but serious. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Auction>Snake said:

Donovan Mitchell was completely tongue-in-cheek 

Sure it was. Again, between that post and your trolling on this page you've contributed absolutely nothing to this discussion up until this point, so spare us.

• Like 1

Sure it was. Again, between that post and your trolling on this page you've contributed absolutely nothing to this discussion up until this point, so spare us.

"He's not that good" sublime contribution. Tell us more fantasy Yoda as you're never wrong. Who else isn't that good fantasy Yoda? Please bestow your wisdom upon us.

4 minutes ago, Auction>Snake said:

"He's not that good" sublime contribution.

21 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

You also clearly haven't read the thread.

• Like 1

I hope he balls out =O.  If Suns somehow get Brandon Knight, I wonder if he would be the better add

You read entire threads, have 3000+ posts, and you're never wrong!? No wonder they call you fantasy Yoda

Okay, so we've established Melton isn't good, but who else? You read every thread in its entirety after all. 

• Like 1

You guys are really screwing up the forums for the rest of us. If you have a problem with someone’s attitude you can discuss it privately, not here. Between this and the pages of personal crap on th LeVert page I’m about ready to leave the site

Edited by thornton1986
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Well, that was a LOT about NUTTIN'.

De'Anthony Meltdown!

At least he got some fluke stocks.

Edited by JormaJormala
  • Haha 1

Loving the stocks. He may not be as poised as SGA, but I like how active he is on the floor. I'd say he's a hold in 12 team+ to see how it plays out. If you play in competitive leagues, gems are hard to come by and if he doesn't pan out, you can always drop for the next one

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fantasyscrub said:

Already dropped for Saric

Overreaction much? He still got you 3 stls 1 blk I think he deserves another game at least before yall drop. And drop him for at least upside play not saric 

Definitely at least for now 

that team isn’t getting better with the scrubs it’s getting so give it a month or two and they may be buying rivers out