fabrar

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Getting eased back in tonight? How does he figure to fit in to the current rotation? Bit of a rough night tonight, solid 8 boards though. 

17 minutes ago, przngd said:

Getting eased back in tonight? How does he figure to fit in to the current rotation? Bit of a rough night tonight, solid 8 boards though. 

He has been out for a while. I would expect him to start at PF when he is up to speed. He will be fine as long as he is healthy. 

How does he compare with Cedi Osman? Thinking RHJ will be more steady, but I like Osman's minutes. Also, any idea of his 3 pt potential? Increased range during off-season? Just saw some mentions that this is what he has been pushed to do, but no idea if he succeeded. I see he tried two triples (missed both) in this first match of the season. If he could get around 30 minutes...

19 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

No RHJ Thread?

Limited minutes but the stats looked good tonight. Anyone see him play tonight that can give us an assessment

Hes not starting yet and hes still a bit rusty from what i saw. But he's getting there!

He elbowed t.hardaway while driving to the basket so i would say hes looking healthy and stronger than ever!

26 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

How did he look tonight? Not bad line in limited mins

I kinda want to pick him off waivers but then I’m rostering 4 NETS! Maybe I’ll go for it and just make a trade to resolve that issue... he was on my draft board not sure why the owner dropped him 

15 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

I kinda want to pick him off waivers but then I’m rostering 4 NETS! Maybe I’ll go for it and just make a trade to resolve that issue... he was on my draft board not sure why the owner dropped him 

I never really understood this concern off too many players on a team. If it is the Kings or Cavs that is one thing. But the Nets, Pelicans, Lakers, Warriors, Bucks, Sixers, etc. all have a lot of fantasy goodness to spread around. 

RHJ is definitely on the uptrend. Nice to see his minutes increase. Lots of higher pace teams coming up for the Nets in the first half of November. If he is available I would snag and I wouldn't worry about the starter/bench role. It is all about the minutes. 

Very encouraging game last night after some low-minute, low-production games upon returning.  Now he just needs to reclaim that starting PF spot, get 26+ mpg, and he should be a top-100 guy with a little bit of upside.  Somehow Jared Dudley is the current starter so it feels like it is only a matter of games until RHJ becomes the starter again.

Dropped him yesterday for Pascal Siakim before I saw his decent game.  I also ran out of transactions for the week so if he plays well, he won't be available anymore smh 

any thoughts?  Did I make a mistake?

1 minute ago, Fantasyscrub said:

Dropped him yesterday for Pascal Siakim before I saw his decent game.  I also ran out of transactions for the week so if he plays well, he won't be available anymore smh 

any thoughts?  Did I make a mistake?

Why?

2 minutes ago, bsu27 said:

Why?

Actually it was Justin Holiday, not Siakim.  Justin Holiday has a low ceiling and doesn't produce even with 30 mpg.  Jefferson is going to get more touches and playing time moving forward and he might be gone by the time Monday rolls around

Edited by Fantasyscrub

RHJ should end up getting a good number of consistent minutes, but Kurucs could cut into them slightly. Kurucs looked good before his injury and played well enough to earn minutes. Something to possibly pay attention to going forward.

RHJ could definitely break out this year, along with  D Lo, and Levert, while Jarret Allen holds down the Center position well.

The Nets are on the upswing, in general, and have a great culture going on over there.  They believe they can compete with and beat strong teams in the East, other than the top dogs Boston, Toronto and Milwaukee. They gave the Warriors and New Orleans some trouble already this year,  

Look for RHJ to get that starting PF spot back within a couple weeks.  He was solid last year, and you could see his game developing as the season progressed.  If the rumors of him shooting 3-5 threes per game are true, he could break into top 75 territory.  Defense, low TO's, strong percentages, and this 3 pointer added to his skillset, he reminds me of when Otto Porter started getting in his groove.

I'm making a few trade offers to get him while his value is still lower than it should be.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Almost no chance of a breakout. He wont ever be more than a strong bench or role player. Has no breakout appeal and will average only around 22-25 mpg. The breakouts on the nets have always been Dlo and Levert. Maybe Allen in a year or two as well. Yes I own DLo and Levert but no i am not biased, it's just facts. I also drafted and owned RHJ the past two seasons. 

14 minutes ago, richg24 said:

Almost no chance of a breakout. He wont ever be more than a strong bench or role player. Has no breakout appeal and will average only around 22-25 mpg. The breakouts on the nets have always been Dlo and Levert. Maybe Allen in a year or two as well. Yes I own DLo and Levert but no i am not biased, it's just facts. I also drafted and owned RHJ the past two seasons. 

He's been improving every year tho. What's your reasoning as to why he can't breakout & why you see his minutes decreasing from 28mpg ?

Edited by SwaggaMcDaddy

1 hour ago, SwaggaMcDaddy said:

He's been improving every year tho. What's your reasoning as to why he can't breakout & why you see his minutes decreasing from 28mpg ?

Nets are a weird team to begin with. They have a lot of guys who can eat on any given night. RHJ can't shoot 3s which limits his usefulness on that squad. I have watched him quite a bit and I think he is a better fantasy player than real life player, nothing stands out to me to see why he should play 30+ mpg and breakout. The team seems fairly focused on the development and trying to allow DLo and LeVert to breakout, and Allen is next in that pecking order. I just don't see any breakout appeal - I have been wrong before but I am just sharing my opinion and feel that people shouldn't be dropping anyone with real value for RHJ right now. All that said, there is nothing wrong with rostering him and he fits punt assist builds well, or any build that has enough 3s already, but i just wouldn't expect an explosion season, but he could produce very similar stats to last season, just not seeing a big jump. 

About ready to jump ship on this dude. What’s the deal with the erratic minutes?