fabrar

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, driss lol said:

joe harris is better

RHJ is PF and joe harris is SG/SF

RHJ should replace vet Dudley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2018 at 3:45 AM, kane said:

RHJ is PF and joe harris is SG/SF

RHJ should replace vet Dudley

 

Why is Dudley still starting? Are we trying to trade him or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My worry at this point is that he has to be killing it in order to stay on the court and get the appropriate minutes.. for some reason.  Jared Dudley should never see more minutes than RHJ but what do I know? Anytime I consider dropping he puts up a strong game.  Looks like I'll be holding for another week after tonight.  But did he only get big minutes because of the blowout?  Another one of my worries. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im thinking Jared Dudley starting has to do with the coach trying to play like the Warriors with a bunch of shooters on the floor.

 

So i dont even kno if Rondae will ever start again but he sure is efficient and gets those hustle stats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was going to drop before that game, now that I have to hold again he's guaranteed to have 3-4 s--- games in a row.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlessedwithBlub said:

Anyone like this guy?

 

Everyone but his coach, who insists on starting journeyman Jared Dudley over him.  Still, 25+ minutes in 3 of the last 4 so things are trending in the right direction.  So, now is about time for a 16 minute, 6 & 5 game, and everyone's patience will once again be tested.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This man needs a C eligibility! From Gallagher's analysis he's currently getting 20.6% mins at C.

 

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/206157-fantasy-basketball/suggestions/35900803-rondae-hollis-jefferson-needs-to-have-c-eligibilty

 

Homecoming game for Rondae Hollis-Jefferson? The U of A product had easily his best game on Sunday with 21 points, six boards, three dimes and no turnovers in 30 minutes. He continues to see time at center with 20.6% of his minutes coming in that position. He should see high minutes and he did go off in his last full game in Phoenix (20 and 13) two years ago (was hurt last year). Even if he doesn't start, RHJ should see enough minutes and help get the offensive moving. DeMarre Carroll (ankle) is practicing, but he is still doubtful.

 

Let's go and vote guys!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have this guy, Nance, Dedmon and Otto... waiting for every single one of them to play atleast to their abilities.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BoogieNights said:

 

Everyone but his coach, who insists on starting journeyman Jared Dudley over him.  Still, 25+ minutes in 3 of the last 4 so things are trending in the right direction.  So, now is about time for a 16 minute, 6 & 5 game, and everyone's patience will once again be tested.

 

:/

3064291.png&w=96&h=70nomug.png&w=96&h=70
@Phx W 104-82 Final
5 PTS 2 REB 1 AST 1 STL 13 MIN
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, WaKe21334 said:

How in the world, has this guy been muted by freaking Jared Dudley in 2018-2019?

Imagine now with Carroll back in the mix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BoogieNights said:

 

Everyone but his coach, who insists on starting journeyman Jared Dudley over him.  Still, 25+ minutes in 3 of the last 4 so things are trending in the right direction.  So, now is about time for a 16 minute, 6 & 5 game, and everyone's patience will once again be tested.

 

Nailed it. There were a few plays where the Nets players were fighting each other for rebounds and once it resulted in a lost ball turnover.... I don't think Atkinson likes having multiple non-shooters out there to begin with and now with Ed Davis, RHJ's rebounding is a little expendable. 

 

Not sure what RHJ's role will be going forward, especially with Carroll back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Eltoro said:

Not sure what RHJ's role will be going forward, especially with Carroll back.

 

This is now my worry.  I was high on RHJ heading into the year (as an underrated asset) but it looks like he won't regain the role that he had last year.  He pretty much needs 26+ minutes to be a top-100 player and I'm not sold he gets there.  Aside from LeVert and Harris, nobody is averaging more than 28 mpg currently.  Now that Carroll is back, that's another person he will have to fight for minutes.  Jared Dudley is inexplicably stealing 25 minutes a night while doing basically nothing.  Carroll is obviously better than Dudley.  So does Dudley go from 25 mpg to out of the rotation?  Doubtful.  It's just going to be a minutes jam on this team.  It is very concerning that he hasn't reclaimed the starting job from Dudley yet.  Just a lot of red flags for RHJ, unfortunately.

 

tl;dr:  It's going to be a bumpy ride and it probably won't be for the faint of heart.  I'm not optimistic anymore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, BoogieNights said:

 

This is now my worry.  I was high on RHJ heading into the year (as an underrated asset) but it looks like he won't regain the role that he had last year.  He pretty much needs 26+ minutes to be a top-100 player and I'm not sold he gets there.  Aside from LeVert and Harris, nobody is averaging more than 28 mpg currently.  Now that Carroll is back, that's another person he will have to fight for minutes.  Jared Dudley is inexplicably stealing 25 minutes a night while doing basically nothing.  Carroll is obviously better than Dudley.  So does Dudley go from 25 mpg to out of the rotation?  Doubtful.  It's just going to be a minutes jam on this team.  It is very concerning that he hasn't reclaimed the starting job from Dudley yet.  Just a lot of red flags for RHJ, unfortunately.

 

tl;dr:  It's going to be a bumpy ride and it probably won't be for the faint of heart.  I'm not optimistic anymore

 

Well it took 8 games for him to start again last year after injury so there is some precedent, but dropping to 12 minutes yesterday was not a good sign. 

 

He did start next to Allen too last year so I may give it a couple more games. Drafted him pretty late so not super worried about non-performance, but I also don't want to drop if he ends up breaking out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.