MrBean

Khris Middleton 2018-2019 Season Outlook

3 minutes ago, fantasm said:

This guy has been underperforming since his first few games where he blew up

Apart from a low FG he has been pretty great the last 30 days

Fantasy aside I like this move by the coach.   Play hard or ride the pine.  I think some coaches are afraid to do this with their better players..  Maybe it will light a fire under his %ss for next game.

• Thanks 1

So dumb, I can understand Bud benching players in ATL as they were focused on developing guys and competing for draft picks (post playoff hawks) but this team is competing for a top finish in the league. Especially stupid thing to do with him being a FA next season.

Could be seeing what they look like without Middleton and sure, I can get behind “play hard or ride the pine”- but Bud looked stupid trying to make a statement when they lost the game to a lesser team. Obviously threw all of the Bucks off as well as an unnecessary distraction.

8 minutes ago, Mikhov said:

So dumb, I can understand Bud benching players in ATL as they were focused on developing guys and competing for draft picks (post playoff hawks) but this team is competing for a top finish in the league. Especially stupid thing to do with him being a FA next season.

Could be seeing what they look like without Middleton and sure, I can get behind “play hard or ride the pine”- but Bud looked stupid trying to make a statement when they lost the game to a lesser team. Obviously threw all of the Bucks off as well as an unnecessary distraction.

He was outplayed by the bench.  I don't think the coach looked stupid at all.  Middleton was not helping them on the court and wasn't shooting well. Just because they lost doesn't make this a poor decision by the coach.   I like Middleton, I think he's a great player when motivated, but when he's not hustling and shooting poorly he's replaceable.

• Like 2

Remember it’s the GMs job to construct a roster.  It’s the coach’s job to take that roster and make it a winning TEAM.  If the coach feels the need to bench a player, whether due to playing poorly or for discipline, then he’s justified doing it.  Period.  If it were Pop most of you would think he’s a genius.  Bud was mentored by Pop so it’s unsurprising.  He doesn’t care whether or not discipline impacts the FA. It shouldn’t because NBA players are grown men doing their job and sometimes discipline is part of mentorship.  Anyway, worrying about free agency is the GM’s job.  

• Like 1

Why is Middleton playing 6 minutes less than his average before?

21 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

Why is Middleton playing 6 minutes less than his average before?

1st new Coach in Budenholzer, who learned from Pop and hence thinks more about minute management. 2nd the Bucks are way better than last season and have quite frequently blowouts, so starters will lose minutes.

• Thanks 1

Is there any hope his minutes will get closer to 35 minute range?

2 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

Is there any hope his minutes will get closer to 35 minute range?

I wouldnt bet on it unless there are some injuries. Giannis is the only one on the team who is significantly above 30 minutes.

I don't think it's the minutes that's the issue. Bucks play a faster pace now and earn more possessions. He's in a shooting funk and for whatever reason, decided against the Knicks that he didn't need to play defense so Bud benched him. Middleton can produce just like he did last year because he's shooting more 3s and will return to his normal value once he gets out of his current rut. Giannis is playing lower minutes as well but producing more counting stats. 

Checked his stats last year and this year - almost identical. He's just shooting more 3s this year and lower fg%. I think he should be fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After being benched he's ruled out for personal reasons less than an hour before tip-off. Kinda weird but hopefully this absence has nothing to do with him being benched a few nights ago.

Timing is definitely strange. Hopefully everything is ok with his family, but also that this is not some rift between him and the Bucks now because I really enjoy this team together. They really have a chance to go to the finals this year.

7 hours ago, LonzoBall said:

What are some likely trade destinations? 

I could be proved wrong but I don't buy the trade rumours. Bucks are in win now mode - not sure there is a move out there that makes them better.

8 hours ago, LonzoBall said:

What are some likely trade destinations? 

i doubt this one. milwaukee's too solid with him. maybe this is just a disciplinary action from bud. he's fine and watch out for next game's  5 3ptm 3 stls line :)

3 minutes ago, TonyRomo said:

John Wall also sat out for personal reasons. This would be a terrible trade for the Bucks.

Wall just had his first baby and the Bucks already have Bledsoe.

• Like 1