MrBean

Khris Middleton 2018-2019 Season Outlook

4 hours ago, flat_eric said:

Weird post.

If we are to expect a decrease in usage this season, which is reasonable given the level the Bucks are playing at, why would we necessarily expect a decrease in percentages at the same time? If anything the inverse should be true. 

No, Middleton's value is low right now (your post does nothing to refute this) because he has not been shooting it well by his standards. There's no reason to think the percentages won't improve, even if his usage doesn't. 

I see your logic but his fg% is not going to be around 47%

most volume shooters (such as Middleton) will tell you that they will be more efficient with more touches and shots per game, compared to a lower usage. I'm not talking about over 20 shots per game where your percentages mostly take a hit , im talking about 13 shots compared to 16 will ruin your flow.

middleton was also a 88-90% ft shooter , it's not uncommon for a shooter like him to drop around 85% for a season. 

I would say 44% fg and 85% ft is more likely than his usual 47% fg , 88% ft which would hurt his value by a couple rounds

this guy is a good NBA player but not great

he was killing it last season, what happened?

Bud's scheme ruined his FG%. Percentage of shots from 3pt area increased from 32% last year to ~45% this year, and though his 3pt clip increased from 36% to 38% (so far), that's still an increased "drag" effect of 17% (from 11.5% last year) to his FG%.

God dammit he's just as useful as brogdon at this point.

this whole situation kind of reminds me of owning cj mccul last year. Never drafting a sg again based on percentages 

In Yahoo leagues, he is still 99% owned. Why is everything holding him so long? 

• Confused 3

On 1/24/2019 at 6:20 AM, bksm said:

In Yahoo leagues, he is still 99% owned. Why is everything holding him so long? 

Unless your league is shallow, 99% of us don't want to risk throwing away silver for gold that may end up being turd coated in golden paint.

I got the game last night vs the Pistons and he looked really good. Got unlucky with some drives to the basket. Very talented and he's bound to go bonkers soon

• Like 1

3 hours ago, squidthunder said:

I got the game last night vs the Pistons and he looked really good. Got unlucky with some drives to the basket. Very talented and he's bound to go bonkers soon

I hope he does.  6 turnovers, zero stocks, and shooting 1-3 three's and 2 made free throws was due to bad luck though?

Edited by bksm

Khris is a little bit disappointed in this season,FG% and stls both drop a lot:unsure:

• Sad 1

Just now, flat_eric said:

Weakest All Star since Al Horford in 2018?

korver say no

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, flat_eric said:

With Giannis out it was a perfect time for him to step up to show what he is about. Instead gets blown out by a weakass road team. 

Round 3 my a$$. #lastyearafluke

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flat_eric said:

Horford >>>>>middleton

Weakest and softest 

It's just crazy because throughout the first 15-20 games Middleton was looking like an absolute stud.  Ever since that benching happened this dude completely transformed.

i don't think it's the benching, i think it's cause his natural game is the mid-range game which Budenholzer basically took away by telling him to shoot more 3's.

taking away his mid-range game along with brogdon taking shots has really hampered his output

• Like 1

I repeat , I’m never drafting a sg in the early rounds who’s value is driven by efficiency and turnovers 

cj burned me last year , and now Middleton my concensous 3rd rounder that I was targeting in all drafts after god damn Rudy Gobert is a bust. Should of really took jrue 

Middleton is playing worse than brogdon what the f--- !!! 

Can't believe he lost his shooting ability this season ,smh