MrBean

Kyrie Irving 2018-2019 Season Outlook

"I'm moving completely differently," Irving told ESPN on Friday, just days away from the official start of training camp. "I've worked on my strength and have a heightened awareness of what my body needs on a day-to-day basis. I spent all summer trying get my left leg to catch up with my right. And it's there."

- KYRIE

With only 60 games last season, are we expecting a healthier Kyrie or another 60 games-season?

4 minutes ago, PAX said:

"I'm moving completely differently," Irving told ESPN on Friday, just days away from the official start of training camp. "I've worked on my strength and have a heightened awareness of what my body needs on a day-to-day basis. I spent all summer trying get my left leg to catch up with my right. And it's there."

- KYRIE

With only 60 games last season, are we expecting a healthier Kyrie or another 60 games-season?

Tnx... but no tnx

Danny Ainge: "Kyrie Irving will have to manage his knee soreness for the rest of his career".

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, PAX said:

- KYRIE

Surely there is no way Boston play Kyrie more than 70 games this year. I think because they know that their team can get to the playoffs without needing to play their 2 best players, they will make sure Gordon Hayward and Irving will be super rested and healthy for the playoffs, because if Boston don't make the NBA finals this year they will see it as a failed year.

Edited by PaddyAustralia
  • Like 1

I avoided him this year because of his nagging injuries and Boston not really needing him until the playoffs, plus the fact that I figured he would go in the early rounds given his name value alone. I would have taken him happily in the 5th round or something but sure enough, someone reached for him at the top of the 3rd. 

I hope he comes back quickly though because a fully healthy kyrie is one of the most electrifying players in the league to watch. 

• Like 2

Where I'm drafting I can't get him (pick 13 then 35) where his value says he should go. Some will say he isn't third round, but if you play roto and consider his replacement for games he sits or is injured, and pecil 65-70 as his GP, he could be worth mid-third. Lots of buts, so I'm kinda glad he isn't available for me. Kyrie is a great player, and will bring it fully when on the court. It's just the over-under on GP you need to have a good sense of.

• Like 1

He's been a top 15 player in 3 of his last 4 seasons.. I don't think he should fall past pick 25-30 even with the injury concerns, 5th round is just absurd.

Honestly I don't get the whole "I'm gonna skip this guy because he may get injured" argument. 10 of the top 25 players last year played less than 70 games,  you're gonna skip all of them to get a top 40 iron man that may get injured anyway?

1 hour ago, battaginlemon said:

He's been a top 15 player in 3 of his last 4 seasons.. I don't think he should fall past pick 25-30 even with the injury concerns, 5th round is just absurd.

Honestly I don't get the whole "I'm gonna skip this guy because he may get injured" argument. 10 of the top 25 players last year played less than 70 games,  you're gonna skip all of them to get a top 40 iron man that may get injured anyway?

Not all of them, but maybe just the ones who have already had 2 surgeries this offseason and have had their own GM say they will be dealing with knee problems for the rest of their career.

Nothing but the best wishes for Kyrie and I hope he plays 82 games, but this is a bit more of a red flag to me than someone who just randomly missed 10 games last year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/24/2018 at 7:26 AM, fabrar said:

I avoided him this year because of his nagging injuries and Boston not really needing him until the playoffs, plus the fact that I figured he would go in the early rounds given his name value alone. I would have taken him happily in the 5th round or something but sure enough, someone reached for him at the top of the 3rd. 

I hope he comes back quickly though because a fully healthy kyrie is one of the most electrifying players in the league to watch. 

lol no way he goes round 5

8 minutes ago, qpeeters said:

Not all of them, but maybe just the ones who have already had 2 surgeries this offseason and have had their own GM say they will be dealing with knee problems for the rest of their career.

Nothing but the best wishes for Kyrie and I hope he plays 82 games, but this is a bit more of a red flag to me than someone who just randomly missed 10 games last year.

I can agree with that and that's why I'd pick him in the 25-30 range instead of 15.

I'd say letting him slip past 3rd round is equally as bad as picking him inside top 20, because you'd be passing up on too much value without any guarantee that the player you replace him with will have a healthy season.

Personally I'd put Kyrie in the same range of value and risk of CP3 and Jimmy Butler (top 15 guys that miss 20+ games every season) and I'm pretty sure nobody would let those 2 slip past the 3rd round

10 minutes ago, battaginlemon said:

I can agree with that and that's why I'd pick him in the 25-30 range instead of 15.

I'd say letting him slip past 3rd round is equally as bad as picking him inside top 20, because you'd be passing up on too much value without any guarantee that the player you replace him with will have a healthy season.

Personally I'd put Kyrie in the same range of value and risk of CP3 and Jimmy Butler (top 15 guys that miss 20+ games every season) and I'm pretty sure nobody would let those 2 slip past the 3rd round

Looks like we don't actually disagree on anything, I also feel comfortable with him in the 25-30 range.

• Like 1

I can't find any article stating when can we expect Kyrie back. Is he good to go for the opener? 

16 minutes ago, dannyusf said:

I can't find any article stating when can we expect Kyrie back. Is he good to go for the opener? 

He's fine. I have high hopes for him this season.

12 hours ago, dannyusf said:

he ain't injured lol

On 9/24/2018 at 5:48 PM, rando said:

Where I'm drafting I can't get him (pick 13 then 35) where his value says he should go. Some will say he isn't third round, but if you play roto and consider his replacement for games he sits or is injured, and pecil 65-70 as his GP, he could be worth mid-third. Lots of buts, so I'm kinda glad he isn't available for me. Kyrie is a great player, and will bring it fully when on the court. It's just the over-under on GP you need to have a good sense of.

too many but's and if's for a 3rd Round pick. Why draft but's and if's in the 3rd round when you don't have to?

4 minutes ago, Cdub2k said:

too many but's and if's for a 3rd Round pick. Why draft but's and if's in the 3rd round when you don't have to?

Really the only players with no buts and ifs are young guys with no injury history on middling teams fighting for playoff spots.

Every other decent player either has had some form of past injury or risks being sat for late season rest or for full on tank.

4 minutes ago, kane said:

0/8 (0 pt) in first half

He had a nice pre-game earring though. 

Edited by Donqueefa
improved

He was in lebron's shadow tho lmao

Season opener granted, but Tatum is clearly the guy on this team. Something Kyrie will never be.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ssolitare said:

Time to trade Kyrie.

Yeah, while i’ll try and buy low from disgruntled owners who gave up on him after one game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, ssolitare said:

Time to trade Kyrie.

Selling low doesn't work in any aspect of life. Be patient he was just missing shots, moves looked good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1