MrBean

Kyrie Irving 2018-2019 Season Outlook

5 minutes ago, PaddingtonBear said:

Does anyone think if he looks good after all-star he's worth moving for a second rounder? His injuries are causing me serious issues and Boston looks like a mess.

Might get better/fairer value if you trade for Rozier. No one will give you that much value bc of injury concerns.

That'd be a good tactic for Kyrie owners.. The Celtics would be smart to give him a lot of load management days, or servery cut his minutes, given his injury history and Rozier's abilities. 

Edited by claptondecheeks
  • Like 1

On 2/12/2019 at 10:39 AM, claptondecheeks said:

Might get better/fairer value if you trade for Rozier. No one will give you that much value bc of injury concerns.

That'd be a good tactic for Kyrie owners.. The Celtics would be smart to give him a lot of load management days, or servery cut his minutes, given his injury history and Rozier's abilities. 

i have picked up rozier from the wire for this reason, great handcuff. and hes been producing with or without kyrie

5 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

not at this point, kyries outlook is far more favorable even though hes hurt a lot of the time. 

i just threw that trade out to guy in my league.... curious how he'll take it lol

16 minutes ago, lacit1707 said:

would you trade Kyrie for AD?

I'd at least consider it as they're both huge risks with poor PO schedules but AD is better if he plays.  It's also specific to your team, team needs, current rank, etc.  But then it's an AC forum question.

This dude is insufferable. Is this what it is like to root for LeBron?

33 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

This dude is insufferable. Is this what it is like to root for LeBron?

yes, kyrie is worse though. i posted some pages ago about how pathetic kyrie is....thought this way since his trade demand saga w/ the Cavs. kyrie personality is cringe and his body is glass. would never draft. 

Edited by richg24

2 hours ago, richg24 said:

yes, kyrie is worse though. i posted some pages ago about how pathetic kyrie is....thought this way since his trade demand saga w/ the Cavs. kyrie personality is cringe and his body is glass. would never draft. 

Kyrie is putting up top 15 overall, top 12 in averages, so he's producing about where he was drafted. Sure injuries are a concern but in today's NBA with load management cant really escape it. 

Yeah his shooting percentage was awful, but the main gave us 2 steals, 2 blocks and 4 3PM. While not ideal, I'll take it. 

13 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Kyrie is putting up top 15 overall, top 12 in averages, so he's producing about where he was drafted. Sure injuries are a concern but in today's NBA with load management cant really escape it. 

Oh Kyrie is amazing at basketball. Just wish he would shut up.

• Haha 1

I'm not sure there has been a more unlikeable, impossible to root for "star" in Boston, in the 30+ years I've followed sports here.

The guy is a total cancer.  His attitude sucks.  It's becoming clearer every single day what this guy is.  All about himself.  The team is in quicksand when he is on the court, at the mercy of what he decides to do with the ball.  He hides on defense, and probably exerts effort 1 out of every 7 defensive possessions.  To me, its clear several of his teammates do not like or respect him.  There are several veiled quotes to cite on this point.  The second he leaves the floor, the energy in the building and on the court jumps to another level.

He just does not fit on this team.  It worked with Lebron, because they just took turns playing hero-ball.  But the C's are loaded with young hungry talent, and have one of the best coaches, and playbook guys in the league, in Brad Stevens.  I really hope Ainge isn't infatuated with Kyrie's unparalleled ability to score in the paint, because he's sucking the life out of this team.  I'm just happy the rest of Celtics Nation is beginning to see this.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

I'm not sure there has been a more unlikeable, impossible to root for "star" in Boston, in the 30+ years I've followed sports here.

The guy is a total cancer.  His attitude sucks.  It's becoming clearer every single day what this guy is.  All about himself.  The team is in quicksand when he is on the court, at the mercy of what he decides to do with the ball.  He hides on defense, and probably exerts effort 1 out of every 7 defensive possessions.  To me, its clear several of his teammates do not like or respect him.  There are several veiled quotes to cite on this point.  The second he leaves the floor, the energy in the building and on the court jumps to another level.

He just does not fit on this team.  It worked with Lebron, because they just took turns playing hero-ball.  But the C's are loaded with young hungry talent, and have one of the best coaches, and playbook guys in the league, in Brad Stevens.  I really hope Ainge isn't infatuated with Kyrie's unparalleled ability to score in the paint, because he's sucking the life out of this team.  I'm just happy the rest of Celtics Nation is beginning to see this.

absolutely love Kyrie but he wants to be Kobe so bad and it just doesn't work in todays NBA

40 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

absolutely love Kyrie but he wants to be Kobe so bad and it just doesn't work in todays NBA

it does if you are Kobe but Kyrie should never be mentioned in the same sentence that just disrespectfulllllll (Stephen A voice)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, richg24 said:

it does if you are Kobe but Kyrie should never be mentioned in the same sentence that just disrespectfulllllll (Stephen A voice)

Which is the core issue with Irving, he thinks way too highly of himself, and its destroying team morale.  There is a recent interview where he thrashes the media for questioning Lebron's, Durant's, and HIS leadership and ability to win.  So he bizarrely sees himself on their level.  He also called himself the best player on the team in the same interview.  His ego is his biggest weakness, he has no self awareness.  He thinks he's an Alpha, and guess what his record is when he's perceived as the best player on his team (when he wasn't with Lebron)???? 

136-158 across 5 seasons, with 0 playoff wins.

Again, he's a great scorer.  But he's not a leader, not an alpha, not durable, and not a good teammate.  Paul Pierce nailed it when he said he will never win a Title as a team's best player.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

Which is the core issue with Irving, he thinks way too highly of himself, and its destroying team morale.  There is a recent interview where he thrashes the media for questioning Lebron's, Durant's, and HIS leadership and ability to win.  So he bizarrely sees himself on their level.  He also called himself the best player on the team in the same interview.  His ego is his biggest weakness, he has no self awareness.  He thinks he's an Alpha, and guess what his record is when he's perceived as the best player on his team (when he wasn't with Lebron)???? 

136-158 across 5 seasons, with 0 playoff wins.

Again, he's a great scorer.  But he's not a leader, not an alpha, not durable, and not a good teammate.  Paul Pierce nailed it when he said he will never win a Title as a team's best player.

Yee his recent interviews are laughable. "Being famous is a little hard for me" "I don't owe anybody s---" "I'm not gonna miss any of this s--- when I'm done playing" 😥

So pathetic lol how much can this dude cry. He's also made of glass and never plays through pain let alone injuries. 

19 hours ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

I don't want the C's to sign him at this point.

Most annoying thing about Kyrie is he thinks he's super intelligent and 'woke', but he comes off as a petulant 12 year old.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richg24 said:

Yee his recent interviews are laughable. "Being famous is a little hard for me" "I don't owe anybody s---" "I'm not gonna miss any of this s--- when I'm done playing" 😥

So pathetic lol how much can this dude cry. He's also made of glass and never plays through pain let alone injuries. 

The being famous line was especially egregious because this dude literally made a movie about basketball this summer LOL. Not to mention that his preferred team destinations are big media markets like NYC and Boston. So full of it.

I loved this dude when he never said anything and just broke ankles and destroyed egos. The more he speaks the less I like him.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

I don't want the C's to sign him at this point.

Most annoying thing about Kyrie is he thinks he's super intelligent and 'woke', but he comes off as a petulant 12 year old.

since when can flat earthers be super intelligent. i agree however, he is sounding super annoying lately and the way hes sitting every other game, i wouldnt even want this cancer on my squad. he wants it too much, but isnt a team player. 

40 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

since when can flat earthers be super intelligent. i agree however, he is sounding super annoying lately and the way hes sitting every other game, i wouldnt even want this cancer on my squad. he wants it too much, but isnt a team player. 

Ask Kyrie how smart he is, he will tell you all about it.

• Haha 1

As Lakers fan i like Kyrie's work in Boston. As Kyrie's fantasy owner, i love his work in Boston. Yeah, the guy is complete a**hole and always will be 2nd best player on real contender, but give him credit for his season. I drafted him at 25 and he is top 12 in 8 cat roto, so i don't care, if he thinks that the Earth is flat or he is on Kobe's level. Just stay healthy, egomaniac!

3 minutes ago, zunderlips27 said:

He is going to be a headache in fantasy po...

Just like he has been all season

5 hours ago, zunderlips27 said:

He is going to be a headache in fantasy po...

It's the last week of regular season in my league and I'm in first by 21 games with a first round bye locked up, but come weeks 23 and 24 I think any team has a chance to upset mine being that I have Kyrie, Kawhi, and Embiid

On 3/5/2019 at 3:13 PM, montanski said:

As Lakers fan i like Kyrie's work in Boston. As Kyrie's fantasy owner, i love his work in Boston. Yeah, the guy is complete a**hole and always will be 2nd best player on real contender, but give him credit for his season. I drafted him at 25 and he is top 12 in 8 cat roto, so i don't care, if he thinks that the Earth is flat or he is on Kobe's level. Just stay healthy, egomaniac!

hes sitting every other game. that means hes not giving top 12, averages lie.