MrBean

Kyrie Irving 2018-2019 Season Outlook

14 minutes ago, ShayAK said:

Relax. This reminds me of the Jimmy Butler owners last year all freaking out. 

Thank you, this is what I've been telling people. The rest of these panicking monkeys are the ones that traded Jimmy for peanuts last year when he basically started the entire first month looking like a mid late rounder/3rd option on Wolves, then ended up a top 15 player ROS. Y'all should be ******** embarrassed to be playing fantasy basketball if you're worried about having Kyrie Irving 5 games into the season. Watch the games, he had a bucket taken away from him (terrible missed goaltend), missed 3 FTs and still had the most clutch shot attempts. Add a meager 5 points which should have been there and it's a 20/5/5 night in a very low scoring game.

Smh I swear every time I click this thread it's like reading a bunch of chimp written comments. Please, if any of you are really that worried, go trade him for pennies so I don't feel like I'm sharing a forum with 20 IQ primates 

Edited by royalm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, royalm said:

Thank you, this is what I've been telling people. The rest of these panicking monkeys are the ones that traded Jimmy for peanuts last year when he basically started the entire first month looking like a mid late rounder/3rd option on Wolves, then ended up a top 15 player ROS. Y'all should be ******** embarrassed to be playing fantasy basketball if you're worried about having Kyrie Irving 5 games into the season. Watch the games, he had a bucket taken away from him (terrible missed goaltend), missed 3 FTs and still had the most clutch shot attempts. Add a meager 5 points which should have been there and it's a 20/5/5 night in a very low scoring game.

Smh I swear every time I click this thread it's like reading a bunch of chimp written comments. Please, if any of you are really that worried, go trade him for pennies so I don't feel like I'm sharing a forum with 20 IQ primates 

True words. Exact same situation with Jimmy last year. 

Blame the roto blurbs for people over reacting. Worst cast for kyrie would be top 25 like a couple seasons ago but will be top 20 more or less which is where most should have drafted him.

On 10/20/2018 at 9:07 PM, yeet said:

Never really see the appeal behind Kyrie in fantasy. I get he's a top 15 player irl, but that doesn't exactly transfer to fantasy. He's also missed an average of 20 games per season for the past 3 seasons. Idk, I just don't see him as a top 30 player in fantasy, where he is usually drafted.

Dude I say this to the guys in my league every year. I always end up taking Lillard over him and get laughed at or stares like I'm crazy. Then Midway through the season like clockwork I get offered Kyrie for Lillard lol. Can someone please explain to me what the appeal is with him? I always end up taking other guards over him. Kyrie is awesome and he's fun to watch in real life. But can someone explain what the appeal is fantasy wise? Is it a name thing? I would draft 6 or 7 guards before him in the draft.

7 minutes ago, jclee4 said:

Dude I say this to the guys in my league every year. I always end up taking Lillard over him and get laughed at or stares like I'm crazy. Then Midway through the season like clockwork I get offered Kyrie for Lillard lol. Can someone please explain to me what the appeal is with him? I always end up taking other guards over him. Kyrie is awesome and he's fun to watch in real life. But can someone explain what the appeal is fantasy wise? Is it a name thing? I would draft 6 or 7 guards before him in the draft.

If people are laughing or think you’re crazy for taking Dame over Kyrie you’re playing against bums :lol: I wouldn’t have taken Kyrie in the first round anytime

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Boogie Buckets said:

If people are laughing or think you’re crazy for taking Dame over Kyrie you’re playing against bums :lol: I wouldn’t have taken Kyrie in the first round anytime

Seriously, who you playin with lol? Dame went consistently towards the end of the first round...Kyrie a full round behind, towards the end of the second. 

You draft Kyrie because he's a perfect punt assists guard - solid FG%, great FT%, good 3s, steals and points. These cats aren't there so far this year, but like everyone else is saying, give it more than 5 games. I made the mistake of trading Butler for Myles Turner last year and it cost me the season. I'm stickin with Kyrie. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arucied said:

Seriously, who you playin with lol? Dame went consistently towards the end of the first round...Kyrie a full round behind, towards the end of the second. 

You draft Kyrie because he's a perfect punt assists guard - solid FG%, great FT%, good 3s, steals and points. These cats aren't there so far this year, but like everyone else is saying, give it more than 5 games. I made the mistake of trading Butler for Myles Turner last year and it cost me the season. I'm stickin with Kyrie. 

Last season Kyrie went towards towards the upper 2nd rd because his 16-17 season was phenomenal. He finished higher than Lillard that season I think. But before the 17-18 season everyone took Lillard over Kyrie due to his injury history. No one makes a choice between taking Lillard over Kyrie, it's automatic.

You'll cry too much

Outside of his points his line was legit.

Give this offense some time.

Kyrie will get his

Didn’t know the ride was going to be bumpy but now that I know, let me temper my expectations. 

Early days but he's on track to post his worst usage and PPG numbers in his career.  Might be better for him long term in regards to his health but hopefully he finds his shooting touch sooner rather than later.  A little worried about his FTA/G.  They've basically halved.

gonna try and buy low on kyrie, kinda insane to even think but kinda hesitant to offer Levine or someone for the dude, that Boston team is staaaaaacked, there's no reason for Kyrie to spend that much energy jacking up shots tbh 

42 minutes ago, Kobe824 said:

gonna try and buy low on kyrie, kinda insane to even think but kinda hesitant to offer Levine or someone for the dude, that Boston team is staaaaaacked, there's no reason for Kyrie to spend that much energy jacking up shots tbh 

As a kyrie owner id consider Levine. Hea balling this year.

• Like 1

kyrie is not going to put up big early round numbers anymore, his team is stacked. theres no reason for him to play hero ball which is going to diminish his production.

sorry guys.

2 hours ago, ShayAK said:

As a kyrie owner id consider Levine. Hea balling this year.

As a Lavine owner I would not part with him for Kyrie, no way in hell. 

• Like 1

I've been racking my brain watching my fav team, Celtics, and owning Kyrie this year.  Why is his usage down so much?  

I think it's a mixture between two things. 

1.  He's not 100% healthy, and doesn't want to cut too quick, or go too hard before he's ready.

2  He wants to help ease Hayward into the offense, so he's not bringing the ball up each possession, or running 90% of the plays like last year.

I wouldn't expect 1st round output from Kyrie this year, but 15-25 should be where he lands once he and the Celtics get going.  This is Kyrie Irving, and he has the talent to to drop 30/10 at any moment, it's just not time yet.  Let's get Jaylen going ( last night ).  Let's get Hayward up to speed and comfortable.  Let's limit Tatum's under 15 pt games.  If the Warriors can have Durant / Curry thrive, and Klay / Draymond top 50, then the Celts can have Kyrie perform top 25, along with Tatum.  Hayward and Horford can be top 50, no problem.

Don't sell low on Kyrie, unless you can get a top 25 upside type guy back.

• Like 4

He just can't hit a shot right now.. 39% from the field and 69% from the line, and he's still taking almost 15 shots per game. With average shooting (45 & 80, but he proved he can do 49 & 89 like last year) he would be getting closer to 17-18ppg, with 5 reb and 5.5 ast

There are certainly some reasons for concern, but y'all overreacting. This reminds me of the Lowry thread from last year, he was shooting 37% and people were panicking, as soon as he got back to average shooting he became a top 25 player again

Edited by battaginlemon
  • Like 2