MrBean

Kyrie Irving 2018-2019 Season Outlook

1 minute ago, Nickdoggmoneycash said:

Doesn't Kyrie start slow every year? I feel like he does

He comes out blazing, and then gets injured =P. But when he's not injured he's good all of the time.

Edited by ssolitare

Just traded my Kemba/Middleton/Ibaka for Oladipo/Kyrie/Allen.

Please don’t make me regret it Killa :wacko:

1 hour ago, ovofnd said:

Just traded my Kemba/Middleton/Ibaka for Oladipo/Kyrie/Allen.

Please don’t make me regret it Killa :wacko:

Hate to say it but I think you're going to

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, outherebrother said:

Hate to say it but I think you're going to

Only cause for optimism is me holding onto Jimmy Butler last season and he turned it around after 2-3 weeks. 

Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, k3vtap said:

How would you guys interpret this quote? What does it mean for season outlook?

I'm sorry but I'm not sure if I believe him. That's basically exactly the right thing to say.

I can handle point reduction but I would expect (hope) his defence stats and assist numbers to increase dramatically. 

Edited by outherebrother
missed a word

26 minutes ago, outherebrother said:

I can handle point reduction but I would expect (hope) his defence stats and assist numbers to increase dramatically. 

here i am hoping he can at least be consistent on getting 7 asts and 3 stocks * insert wishing here *

I get sacrificing. However, when you're currently the best player on the team, it will only go as far as you take them. IMO, they need Kyrie to be that superstar caliber, MVP type player. They're deep, I get it. But there's so many other teams out there who're stacked with 2-3 other SUPERSTARS, not just all stars, and they still get their numbers. If he ever wants to be considered one of the greats, he won't get there putting up mediocre numbers. 

Anyway, I'm approaching this from a fantasy perspective. I want my numbers Kyrie! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, k3vtap said:

I get sacrificing. However, when you're currently the best player on the team, it will only go as far as you take them. IMO, they need Kyrie to be that superstar caliber, MVP type player. They're deep, I get it. But there's so many other teams out there who're stacked with 2-3 other SUPERSTARS, not just all stars, and they still get their numbers. If he ever wants to be considered one of the greats, he won't get there putting up mediocre numbers. 

Anyway, I'm approaching this from a fantasy perspective. I want my numbers Kyrie! 

i agree 10000%. i'm thinking that they just want him to be healthy enough for the 2nd part of this season. but demn, i don't buy that "sacrifice" cause he SHOULD step up big time if he still wants to be part of the top players in the league.

Kyrie understands that it's all about the playoffs. He is taking a page off lebrons book so he will just chill in regular season, let the others play hard so he can maintain his body for playoffs 

10 hours ago, atlantadynasty said:

Kyrie understands that it's all about the playoffs. He is taking a page off lebrons book so he will just chill in regular season, let the others play hard so he can maintain his body for playoffs 

It doesn't look like he's chilling out there. Going after boards like mad dog and hustling hard on D. Like some others said I think it's like that Kyle bs from last two seasons. He just gotta hit them easy shots he usually makes and hopefully pistons aren't complete ****e next game.

• Like 1

Upfront, lemme apologize for the novel:

As a Kyrie owner, I'm disappointed in the stats he's given us, but i see what he's doing, and watch every Celtics game.  I've missed only a few games over the past 4 seasons.  I'm a Celtics fan, but also Brooklyn Nets, and Magic, so not die hard biased here.

His motivation since leaving Lebron is to be the best team leader for the best team possible.  In so many ways, Lebron dominated his teammates, and the game plan was all about him.  Kyrie wants to play within the best, natural flow of the offense his team can have. It takes time to figure out exactly what that is, and with so much talent, it could change game to game based on match up.  That means, some games, when his shot is off, he's fine with differing to Tatum who has the talent to rival Durant. He wants to see Jaylen confident and taking another step forward because Jaylen is crucial for this team come playoffs on D, and hitting his open shots ( a la Klay ).  He's also really focused on Hayward getting into the swing of things with this team as the 2nd playmaker.  I see him comfortably putting his ego to the side in exchange for a team that can compete or beat the Warriors.  If he's successful, and resigns long term, Boston could go on a 4-5 year run right as the Warriors' core could potentially start to diminish. You hear the murmurs of guys not wanting to play alongside Lebron, or Westbrook.  John Wall is dominating the ball, while his team falls apart mentally and emotionally.  Kyrie doesn't want to be that guy. 

I believe, 100%, Kyrie admires Steph, and the Warriors culture when he was on the Cavs   Not necessarily Steph's shooting or popularity, but the way he confidently leads his team with the goal of winning over everything, including personal accolades. Not to mention the fun they have, and comradery.  Kyrie chose to leave to find a place he could create an opportunity for himself to build a culture like they have in Golden State.  He happened to be traded to a team perfect for that goal short term, and loooooonnggg term.

As far as fantasy goes, I'll say it again.  Kyrie should finish 15-25 overall.  His team doesn't call for a 30 ppg scorer from the PG position, but I think, once this team figures out the best way to win, his assists, and steals will be career high's, his TO's lower, and his FG% up close to 50%.  He wants to be as efficient as possible while the Celtics get the most out of every player on that team.  You can see it in his demeanor on the court towards his teammates.

Within another few games, things will click, and only get better.  

Prediction:

FG: 50%

FT: 90%

PPG: 21

REB: 3.5

AST: 7

STL: 1.5

BL: 0.4

TO: 2-2.2

Edited by HulkSmash
  • Like 1

Man, i hope your predictions do come thru @HulkSmash. I need Kyrie to produce Kyrie numbers. 

2 minutes ago, seeL said:

Man, i hope your predictions do come thru @HulkSmash. I need Kyrie to produce Kyrie numbers. 

Have you watched the Celtics play much this year?  His hustle on defense is night and day compared to the Cavs days.

He's also constantly talking to the younger players, and communicating on both sides of the ball with Horford, making sure everyone's in their spots.  

I think his stats will look different from what we're used to on the Cav's but his overall game will be nice to build around.  My main point is to not sell.  Too many people are panicking and you won't get nearly the return you'll want compared to his output starting in just a few more games when the team adjusts to Hayward playing with them.  

If I can get:

19 ppg
4.5 rpg
6 apg
2.5 3pm
1.2+ spg
47% fg
90% ft on 4 attempts per game

I guess I'll take it. Not exactly what I had in mind when I got him in the second round. Still sucks because I really wanted Kemba and he went just one pick prior <_<

2 hours ago, HulkSmash said:

Have you watched the Celtics play much this year?  His hustle on defense is night and day compared to the Cavs days.

He's also constantly talking to the younger players, and communicating on both sides of the ball with Horford, making sure everyone's in their spots.  

I think his stats will look different from what we're used to on the Cav's but his overall game will be nice to build around.  My main point is to not sell.  Too many people are panicking and you won't get nearly the return you'll want compared to his output starting in just a few more games when the team adjusts to Hayward playing with them.  

Yeah, i did watch some Celtics games. Kyrie’s moving ok, and hustling on D as u said. Some shots he usually makes just aren’t falling. Did u edit ur PPG prediction to 21ppg? Thought i read 23ppg earlier. Must be my eyes are tired. I think 23ppg is just abt right. The FG% seems a bit too high tho. 

10 hours ago, stickman786 said:

Just got AD,Kyrie, and Doncic giving up Kawhi, Oladipo, and Teague. I really hope i didn't F up lol

wtf, how? What kind of league are you playing at? AD > Kawhi, Kyrie = Oladipo, Doncic > Teague. How did the other owner even accept this offer? damn

• Like 1

Hello! I'm quite new to fantasy league but I've been following NBA and the technical/stats sides since 2010 and I would like to ask you guys an opinion about my friend accepting my offer of Taurean Prince for Kyrie Irving since he became too much frustrated on Kyrie and his season's hope. Thank you

9 minutes ago, Deixis said:

Hello! I'm quite new to fantasy league but I've been following NBA and the technical/stats sides since 2010 and I would like to ask you guys an opinion about my friend accepting my offer of Taurean Prince for Kyrie Irving since he became too much frustrated on Kyrie and his season's hope. Thank you

Robbery 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deixis said:

what a steal

• Like 1