stinkroach

Kelly Oubre Jr 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

Some interesting upside here.  Hit decent amount of 3's, steal, blocks in only 27 min.  Wondering if he can get more minutes this year to low 30's.  Picked him up in 14th round in 10 team H2H 9 cat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see where an increase in minutes comes from without an injury. They committed to Wall, Beal, Porter. If Oubre breaks out they can't pay him because they would go deep into luxury tax territory. Personally, I am not a fan of Oubre's fantasy potential. I feel like his stat line is a dime a dozen. If Porter is healthy they are going to ride him and Oubre will be waiver wire material. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he'll get over 26 minutes with Markieff sliding to C in small lineups. Now much of Oubre's fantasy value depends on the FG%. If it increases or at least comes back - he'll be an interesting last round flier IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the injury is here now, it just hasn’t happened to any of their main 3 pieces. Still, the chance for minutes is there now & he’s proven he can play. That would just be a painfully small team when they finally go up against guys like Drummond or Embiid.

 

 

On 9/24/2018 at 11:44 AM, thezing1 said:

I don't see where an increase in minutes comes from without an injury. They committed to Wall, Beal, Porter. If Oubre breaks out they can't pay him because they would go deep into luxury tax territory. Personally, I am not a fan of Oubre's fantasy potential. I feel like his stat line is a dime a dozen. If Porter is healthy they are going to ride him and Oubre will be waiver wire material. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, tazdingo said:

Well the injury is here now, it just hasn’t happened to any of their main 3 pieces. Still, the chance for minutes is there now & he’s proven he can play. That would just be a painfully small team when they finally go up against guys like Drummond or Embiid.

 

 

 

I am not sold that he can play, honestly. His game hasn't been fantasy friendly so I need to see a bit more to be convinced. Howard is coming back and if he is going to complain if he doesn't get minutes. Brooks is forced to play small with the injuries. Let's see if he sticks to it when they are healthy. For now, Oubre is definitely someone to add and see how it plays out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People should be taking notice of Oubre.  He is LONG, and shooting great.  He gets PUMPED up and brings that energy that Wall / Beal want to see.  If  he gets into the starting line up, and 30mpg, watch out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, HulkSmash said:

People should be taking notice of Oubre.  He is LONG, and shooting great.  He gets PUMPED up and brings that energy that Wall / Beal want to see.  If  he gets into the starting line up, and 30mpg, watch out.

 

You forgt to mention that he is also the cutest guy in the NBA!! In all seriousness, guy is balling!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Starvela said:

 

You forgt to mention that he is also the cutest guy in the NBA!! In all seriousness, guy is balling!!

 

haha he's def a pretty boy.  Flamboyant like Odell, so if he does start to play this well consistently, and get starter minutes, his name could start ringing bells in the media.  They love the type of guy Oubre is.  The guy doesn't lack confidence, and he let out a roar after an AND 1 last night that Wall seemed to love.  

 

The Wiz have talent, but they need everyone to play with intensity.  Let's see how this plays out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, VaTerp said:

 

I don’t think some are pretending.  And I don’t care who or what folks are attracted to, but let’s keep the fantasies to basketball.

 

True, didn't think of that.

 

Anyway, Otto Porter looks disinterested, and playing with no energy, and ishy body language. Great news for Oubre.

 

I think a major move is coming really soon.  I'll echo my thoughts from last week that Oubre is the right guy to plug into the starting lineup and get heavy minutes for a team that's this talented but can't win a game for their life.

 

He's young, physically gifted, has a nice, shot, plays with great passion and energy, incredible motor, confidence and motivated as hell since he'll be making the most out of every minute on the court in hopes of life-changing money this coming off season, like others in the 2015-16 draft like D Lo,  Justise Winslow, and Myles Turner.  

 

If he's available, I'd pick him up, and let this Wizard's situation play out.  Watch the next Wizards game through Reddit streaming, and you'll see his shot is smooth.  He lacks defensive IQ, but his length, and agility aid him in coming up with steals, and blocks.  The clear leaders of the team, Wall and Beal, seem to treat him like a little brother as opposed to the way their stand-offish towards Porter, for whatever reason.  

 

Guys like Oubre come into the league as projects, with the body type, and athleticism that gives them a sky high ceiling if their motivated and willing to learn, and stay focused on developing.  You see Caris Levert prove that, way sooner than expected, and we all remember Kawhi Leonard and Jimmy Butler making the most out of their early careers because they had that position-less basketball physique that Brad Stevens tries to fill his team with, while the league follows his lead.  I'd be willing to bet that in the next 2-5 years we see the first team that puts 5 guys in their starting line up that are all long,, forward sized players, from the traditional Point Guard position, all the way up to the Center position.  6'7"-6'9" long, skinny, agile guys comprised of a few that have good court vision, and others to shoot / rebound / defend.  Got off topic a bit, but basically Oubre is gold for the present day NBA.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like owning him will reward you pretty, pretty, pretty soon... It's like calm before storm.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kinda thinking that too but I haven’t seen much on him.  He’s owned a decent amount and getting added

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's too inconsistent for me still. Been burned streaming him too many times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

stashing him for a bit, would explode if beal and/or Porter get traded. we all know wall isn't going anywhere with that albatross contract. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pdids911 said:

stashing him for a bit, would explode if beal and/or Porter get traded. we all know wall isn't going anywhere with that albatross contract. 

 

Gilbert Arenas was very bad and was owed a ton of money and he could still be traded.  John Wall's contract is fair and good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this makes him a must-add. 

 

-9 cat potential (hits threes, gets stocks, can score)

-starting

-possible trade of others (specifically, guys who play his position like beal and/or porter)

-4-4-4 playoff schedule

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, pdids911 said:

this makes him a must-add. 

 

-9 cat potential (hits threes, gets stocks, can score)

-starting

-possible trade of others (specifically, guys who play his position like beal and/or porter)

-4-4-4 playoff schedule

 

 

Yeah pretty much, low risk add that could pay off big time.

 

He has a really fantasy friendly game. Could turn into good OPJ if he gets the minutes and the role sticks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.