stinkroach

Kelly Oubre Jr 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Phoenix is one of the biggest jokes of a team and has been for a long time. They are always in a rebuild. They will continue to do what they have been doing for decades : 

Try to put together a team that can run up the score but not win games and players that put up big stats that never translate into wins.

Edited by Rainsford

Trade doesn't make sense for Phoenix but if you can get Oubre + Rivers for Ariza you do it. Other trades on the way for Suns. Remember - Drafted Ayton, Bridges, Okobo this year and Josh Jackson last year.  So not planning on winning for at least 2 years.........Trust the Process II.....

Ayton - Booker - Bridges - Oubre is not a bad start. A PG is definitely needed and probably a PF type guy......Okobo and Melton are both super young. One of those could be the PG of the future. Maybe,  maybe not.

Ariza free agent signing made no sense at the time but it got the Sun's Oubre and Rivers.......I'm thinking the Phoenix front office will either look like genius's or idiots in two years. I think they know what they are doing......But I'm not sure....

No way that all 5 of these guys are here at the trade deadline - Booker - Josh Jackson - TJ Warren - Bridges - Oubre......Warren or Jackson will be gone in my opinion.

1 hour ago, dino10k said:

Trade doesn't make sense for Phoenix but if you can get Oubre + Rivers for Ariza you do it. Other trades on the way for Suns. Remember - Drafted Ayton, Bridges, Okobo this year and Josh Jackson last year.  So not planning on winning for at least 2 years.........Trust the Process II.....

Ayton - Booker - Bridges - Oubre is not a bad start. A PG is definitely needed and probably a PF type guy......Okobo and Melton are both super young. One of those could be the PG of the future. Maybe,  maybe not.

Ariza free agent signing made no sense at the time but it got the Sun's Oubre and Rivers.......I'm thinking the Phoenix front office will either look like genius's or idiots in two years. I think they know what they are doing......But I'm not sure....

No way that all 5 of these guys are here at the trade deadline - Booker - Josh Jackson - TJ Warren - Bridges - Oubre......Warren or Jackson will be gone in my opinion.

If they id Josh Jackson as sunk cost, which they should imo, then it also makes sense and gives them another forward they can build around. Draft a PG and you have a lineup, flesh out the bench and you have a team. 

2 hours ago, dino10k said:

I don't think it'll be Booker, but I agree with the rest. Look, I thought Rivers was older than 26, seems like he's been in the league forever. He could possibly be their PG for the future. I was thinking he is at least 30.

Edited by Forever Smooth

He should fit right into the shuffle of "why tf can't these guys win a game?" lineups in Phoenix. Hint: cause nobody plays defense except Ariza and he gone now? Expect him to start and put up a nice line one day, then go 1/4 in 8 mins the next, ROS. Just like every other Suns super-athlete fringe-guy who doesn't know where to put his feet when opppnents have the ball. 

His ownership is probably spiking right now, but don't worry too much if you didn't get a piece. There's a good chance he'll be available again. Still, made the speculative add in the one league where I have a streaming slot, and Huerter wasn't available.

9 minutes ago, Forever Smooth said:

I don't think it'll be Booker, but I agree with the rest. Look, I thought Rivers was older than 26, seems like he's been in the league forever. He could possibly be their PG for the future. I was thinking he is at least 30.

Rivers is more 2 than 1 and he's a bench tier player anyway. What future? In the Suns's best case scenario, he'll still be declining by the time they're good. 

30 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Rivers is more 2 than 1 and he's a bench tier player anyway. What future? In the Suns's best case scenario, he'll still be declining by the time they're good. 

Too undersized at the 2 with bad defense. He has a chance to blossom at the 1 and he likes the rock in his hands. Last year had many 28 points + 7-8 assists games. 

2 hours ago, CityBaller8 said:

Last year had many 28 points + 7-8 assists games. 

Irrelevant. How are things like these considered talking points? Averages are all that matters. 

He plays well off-ball. Doesn't matter what he likes. And he's nowhere near good enough of a passer to be an effective starting point guard. He can play it, but he's best used as a scoring combo off the bench like I said.

All of that is irrelevant anyway though. Dude said he could be their PG of the future. He's not anybody's anything of the future, he's not good enough.

This is the Oubre thread though. 

3 hours ago, miasma16 said:

Rivers is serviceable as a starting PG. He has filled in as a PG before. Will the Suns do that, IDK.  He's a average defender, spreads the floor with some experience and he's cheap. Suns don't need Westbrook, so Rivers can fill that void. Check out what he can do as a starter.

19 minutes ago, Forever Smooth said:

Rivers is serviceable as a starting PG. He has filled in as a PG before. Will the Suns do that, IDK.  He's a average defender, spreads the floor with some experience and he's cheap. Suns don't need Westbrook, so Rivers can fill that void. Check out what he can do as a starter.

I think he'll probably man the point for them the rest of the year out of necessity, unless they make more moves. I'd be shocked if he's their starting 1 next season. 

Only Booker and maybe Warren are better than Oubre. A much better situation in PHX and definitely worth a flier if you have a dead weight. Good sources of pts, 3s, stls and some boards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pyro7 said:

is this a rivers thread?

Stop fishing for likes, I already put a bow on the discussion. 

• Like 1

Am I the only one that thinks this move to PHX is good for him? He was dropped in my league after the trade news... Yeah the suns are super deep at the wing position, but how good are Mikal and JJ? Booker and Melton will share PG mins. Ayton ganna man the middle. TJ going to get his. Other than that... I think Kelly has a chance to eat up mins, esp now that rivers is getting waived.  Not sure what the suns were thinking? 

IMO

PG: Booker (Melton)

SG: Mikal  (Crawford)

SF: Oubre  (Jackson)

PF: Warren

C:Ayton 

But I don’t understand the Suns move for Ariza

Trade Ariza (good value for a trade) for:

- Rivers (probably Cut)

- Oubre (first destination was Memphis, so the Suns by default...)

Yeah exactly..that's why I'm confused. They originally targeted rivers and thought the were getting Dillon Brooks. I guess now they think oubre is as good as Dillon? Whatever the case... I think it could be a good spot for Kelly. Only time will tell. 

28 minutes ago, 23_gaby_23 said:

IMO

PG: Booker (Melton)

SG: Mikal  (Crawford)

SF: Oubre  (Jackson)

PF: Warren

C:Ayton 

But I don’t understand the Suns move for Ariza

Trade Ariza (good value for a trade) for:

- Rivers (probably Cut)

- Oubre (first destination was Memphis, so the Suns by default...)

I don't think it will be this.. One of the biggest problems the Suns have is that in their starting lineup they only really have Booker as a consistent play maker for other players. I feel like Rivers will end up being their starting PG.. Or at least they will try that first. Oubre may take Mikal's starting spot, or he will get a good amount of minutes off of the bench.  

4 minutes ago, Jugernot said:

I don't think it will be this.. One of the biggest problems the Suns have is that in their starting lineup they only really have Booker as a consistent play maker for other players. I feel like Rivers will end up being their starting PG.. Or at least they will try that first. Oubre may take Mikal's starting spot, or he will get a good amount of minutes off of the bench.  

But Rivers will be probably cut soon...😉

2 minutes ago, 23_gaby_23 said:

But Rivers will be probably cut soon...😉

Yeah no way lol. The reports said the Suns wanted to trade for a play maker. That is not Kelly. Look at who they have been starting at PG this season besides a brief stretch with Booker. I think Rivers will be their PG. It may fail miserably, but he can get 4-5 assists and shoot the three, so he has a chance of sticking. 

6 minutes ago, Jugernot said:

Yeah no way lol. The reports said the Suns wanted to trade for a play maker. That is not Kelly. Look at who they have been starting at PG this season besides a brief stretch with Booker. I think Rivers will be their PG. It may fail miserably, but he can get 4-5 assists and shoot the three, so he has a chance of sticking. 

I thought the Suns already cut Rivers?