fabrar

Lou Williams 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Im having nightmares thinking of all the guys I passed on to get Lou. I just love him in real life so much and really wanted to own him.

At this point all you can do is wait for a hotstreak and try to trade him on name value. Hard to see him even getting close to last years numbers without multiple injuries, it's criminal he hasnt played more than 26 minutes in a game yet

32 minutes ago, wengbenedict93 said:

Anyone realistic I can target to trade when lou got a hot streak?

At this point im trading for anything better than a WW player

• Sad 1

Just caught fire and scored 14 points in 4 and a half minutes..... so now it's such a blowout it's time to take him out again probably for the rest of the game. Played less than 16 minutes and put up his best line of the season. I just don't know how to feel about him anymore, if he could just get the minutes he'd be an absolute stud but I just can't see it happening without injuries.

should I trade my lou will and buddy hield for a struggling Klay? I have faith in sweet lou to be better than he has as the season goes on...Buddy I believe the improvements are real But where's the steals at?!....I also know Klay will be Klay and figure it out...also opens up a steam spot for me which is always nice....Just wondering, is lou and buddy too much for just klay? biggest concern is can he get to that 48% FG he was at last year...

2 hours ago, HRHoops2 said:

What do you consider buying low? As an owner, curious what offers you would be considering.

On one Yahoo pro 100 league I did Nance Jr for Lou and it got accepted last night. I'd definitely call that buy low, though I expect Nance Jr to do better with Love out and a new coach, but I'm confident Lou will still be good value coming off the bench.

These owners selling low on Lou will regret it when he heats up. Also, the inevitable injuries to Gallo and Bradley will increase his workload.

2 hours ago, dcballer0921 said:

should I trade my lou will and buddy hield for a struggling Klay? I have faith in sweet lou to be better than he has as the season goes on...Buddy I believe the improvements are real But where's the steals at?!....I also know Klay will be Klay and figure it out...also opens up a steam spot for me which is always nice....Just wondering, is lou and buddy too much for just klay? biggest concern is can he get to that 48% FG he was at last year...

Too late.  Klay's owner's are holding tight after tonight. 

Lou is a hold too, imo.  Team's never have too much scoring. 

On 10/30/2018 at 9:22 AM, 80version said:

What do you think Lou ROS outlook? Is he a hold given the clippers guard situation?

best representation for how I feel when I look at today's statline:

fVyLEDN.gif

• Like 1

On 30/10/2018 at 12:22 PM, 80version said:

On 02/11/2018 at 9:39 PM, raaaabz said:

What do you think Lou ROS outlook? Is he a hold given the clippers guard situation?

its good that I didn't do that trade....buddy and lou would have been too much for klay....buddy is rolling right now and lou is just getting started imo, he started slow last season, wait for an inevitable injury and reap the rewards....

Lou for ROS like I just said, an injury would be huge, but even without one he's that much better on O than bev and bradley that they will play him in close games...without an injury his floor is still top 75 imo...if there is an injury (to any guard or even gallo) or trade or bev/bradley lose minutes (all are possible) his ceiling would become top 35 and floor top 50...

I always thought last year was a product of a thin playable guard rotation. Lou can still put up numbers if given minutes, but that's the catch. He has to get minutes, but both Bev and SGA are going to get 20. Unless Lou plays combo guard at the 2 (like Blazers and Nets), he's going to have a hard time hitting his averages last year. Mid-round I think is a fair valuation with stats like a poor man's Lavine.

Edited by ellejamil

On 5/11/2018 at 7:00 AM, ellejamil said:

I always thought last year was a product of a thin playable guard rotation. Lou can still put up numbers if given minutes, but that's the catch. He has to get minutes, but both Bev and SGA are going to get 20. Unless Lou plays combo guard at the 2 (like Blazers and Nets), he's going to have a hard time hitting his averages last year. Mid-round I think is a fair valuation with stats like a poor man's Lavine.

He will never hit his averages from last year. I don't think that was ever in play. Just expect something better than 16/17.

Only sweet Lou could make a 5/18 shooting night look good!  Incredible how you can have two of the biggest fantasy FT% anchors on the same team (Gallo being the other one). That 14/14 FT was sweet! :wub:

Ughh getting a ton of usage again and I really don’t know what changed but it looks like Lou is a lock for 20 plus most nights again. 

Edited by chud12

1 hour ago, Ajax said:

Only sweet Lou could make a 5/18 shooting night look good!  Incredible how you can have two of the biggest fantasy FT% anchors on the same team (Gallo being the other one). That 14/14 FT was sweet! :wub:

Oh how sweet it is...he has had good lines lately with avg FG, when he gets that back up, watch out.....I got him as a FT anchor for my squad and he is absolutely killing  for me that department

he has such a good rapport with montrez too, I was never worried about his assist numbers, but with trez in the mix, he should easily avg 5 going fwd. BUT I suppose this has been with bradley out...shai is the real deal, clips need to sack bradley, he's not helping them, shai starting and lou 6 man is the way to go.

Been playing great lately albeit with Bradley being injured. No surprise that the clips are playing their best ball of the year with bradley injured, have now won 5 of 6 with him out.

Im tempted to sell high because of the minutes hit once avery returns but man avery is just so bad I really want to believe Doc will minimize his minutes going forward. Also this lineup theyve been closing games with looks sooo good. Lou, PBev, Tobias, Gallo, and Trez all play so well together and are honestly a joy to watch.