jaystaypaid1

Zach Collins 2018-2019 Fantasy Outlook

8 minutes ago, FantasyMamba said:

Do you think he is better value than a big like Taj Gibson?

More upside for sure. Gibson won’t win you your league so he’s expendable in my opinion 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, skyjogger13 said:

oh boy im bout to do same but hesitant..

Seems like Collins has a better floor this season. He’s carved out a role as Nurk’s backup and is guaranteed minutes. The blocks, rebounds and triples are real.

Good handcuff too.

Doooo it.

54 minutes ago, LosingEffort said:

Better than Aminu and maybe than Nurkic too

At this time, he's better than Aminu but not better than Nurkic. Nurk's production is limiting Collin's minutes.

Edited by litigator

Agree that Nurkic is better player however I think Zack Collins better mobility and defending fits better with Lillard and CJ in a closing unit than Nurkic. Could be interesting if Stotts starts the transition slowly to have Nurkic get some minutes with the bench.

• Like 1

I took the bait and am on board the hype train!

in college, Collins had a nice block avg and last year, he didn’t.

hoping this kid figured things out because nurkic isn’t the center that Portland needs

• Like 1

Production seems good. Just a matter of getting playing time.

Is it possible this guy works himself up to 22-25 minutes per game in the near future? 

Edited by aijuswanaseing

7 minutes ago, aijuswanaseing said:

Production seems good. Just a matter of getting playing time.

Is it possible this guy works himself up to 22-25 minutes per game in the near future? 

Only if Nurkic gets injured....and Nurkic is one of the most durable centers in the league....

• Confused 3

6 minutes ago, fantasm said:

Only if Nurkic gets injured....and Nurkic is one of the most durable centers in the league....

2014-15 - 62 gp
2015-16 - 32 gp
2016-17 - 65 gp (45 denver/20 portland)
2017-18 -  79 gp

hmm even more tempted to pick up Collins now. 

2015 seems like an outlier. So basically around 69 games per year. So for a dozen or so games Collins should be able to crack 20 mins? 

Edited by Minnesota_Jack
  • Thanks 1

Collins was just scooped in my league.  As a Nurk owner, I really wanted to grab him but hesitated pulling the trigger to drop Cam Payne.

Do we think Collins value is inflated right now?  That six block game is obviously an outlier and he's currently shooting 72.7%.  Considering 25% of his shots are threes, that FG% is going to come back to earth, right?  I'm trying to make myself feel better for not grabbing him.

26 minutes ago, Minnesota_Jack said:

2015 seems like an outlier. So basically around 69 games per year. So for a dozen or so games Collins should be able to crack 20 mins? 

Not sure if that's worse than your average center, but that's worse than your average fantasy player. You're expecting probably 70-72 games.

interesting article, for those of you who want to continue on with this collins circle jerk.

Portland wants to increase their 3 point shots per game this year and nurkic doesn’t shoot 3s but Collins does...

reading the tea leaves, this means he can secure a good number of minutes so that Portland can hit this level with consistency.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/zach-collins-is-the-trail-blazers-fearless-young-piece-who-can-help-raise-portlands-ceiling-the-most/

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, jim james said:

Portland wants to increase their 3 point shots per game this year and nurkic doesn’t shoot 3s but Collins does...

that quote is from Collins lmao

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DoctorLove said:

Collins was just scooped in my league.  As a Nurk owner, I really wanted to grab him but hesitated pulling the trigger to drop Cam Payne.

Do we think Collins value is inflated right now?  That six block game is obviously an outlier and he's currently shooting 72.7%.  Considering 25% of his shots are threes, that FG% is going to come back to earth, right?  I'm trying to make myself feel better for not grabbing him.

Of course the 70% shooting and the current 2.7 BPG will decline. But even if it averages to something like 50% shooting and 1.0-1.5 BPG at the end of season, that's still low end value at center in standard 12 team leagues. This doesn't even factor in the very real possibility that Nurkic gets hurt, or Stotts progressively increases Collins' minutes as he continues to show improvement in his game over the course of the season. He's the kind of high upside player you want take a chance on early in the season.

• Like 2

He'll hold value the same way John Henson holds value, never hurting you anywhere and even being a consistent positive contributor on the blocks end, one of the rarer categories to find.  The lack of other true big competition and a possible Nurk injury is the cherry on top.    

Humblebrag but I'm trying to find ways to get him on my team without dropping anyone of solid value. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, litigator said:

Had a better game than Nurk.

Whiteside had his number today

2 minutes ago, fantasm said:

played over 20 minutes today!!!! would like to see him get more rebounds though

He'll be valuable with 20+ minutes. I would be more than happy with the production you're getting so far, he hasn't filled out and I think this is roughly the type of rebounding you should expect from him all year.

Just got him at the expense of Taj Gibson. Kid only needs 20 minutes to produce good value. Can he play PF? Any chance he'll replace Nurk or Aminu as a starter? 

2 minutes ago, sickrookie said:

Just got him at the expense of Taj Gibson. Kid only needs 20 minutes to produce good value. Can he play PF? Any chance he'll replace Nurk or Aminu as a starter? 

He can play PF as well as he can play center, but Stotts has shown little inclination to play him there. There's a chance he supplants Nurkic but I doubt that's happening this year.

• Like 1