jaystaypaid1

Zach Collins 2018-2019 Fantasy Outlook

If that's what he can do with minutes in the mid-20s against a solid defensive team, I can't wait to see what the other four games this week have in store

8 minutes ago, Crazycanto said:

Seems to start off slow but then come in on a heater for the second half, I'll take it

yeah thats what happened with his last game too

Thinking about dropping Myles Turner for this guy in my 10 team pts league. He looks like the real deal, while Turner wouldn't know a double double if it was on the mat next to him at hot yoga

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kendanc said:

Thinking about dropping Myles Turner for this guy in my 10 team pts league. He looks like the real deal, while Turner wouldn't know a double double if it was on the mat next to him at hot yoga

Chill

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, kendanc said:

WHAT. Aren't blocks like worth twice as much than rebounds? Turner is averaging at least 2 blks per game. Myles never breached 6rbs in his career, you know he's not going to give you that.

40 minutes ago, kendanc said:

Dude..... never go full retard...... that’s crazy talk

• Haha 2

All-Star point guard Damian Lillard has HIGH praise for Zach Collins. “This dude could be defensive player of the year.”

To all those people that thought he wasnt a good defender for some reason...

Edited by Boogie Buckets
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, Boogie Buckets said:

All-Star point guard Damian Lillard has HIGH praise for Zach Collins. “This dude could be defensive player of the year.”

As a Nurk owner reading this killed me a bit. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, chud12 said:

As a Nurk owner reading this killed me a bit. 

If it makes you feel any better, the irony is that Nurkic has actually made visible improvements to his game as well.. Its just that Collins looks THAT good right now. Just manage the expectations a bit from here, because 30 minutes a game is very unlikely now, but hes entirely capable of 14/10 with a block and steal in 25-28 minutes a night, depends how the matchup is. 

Just now, Boogie Buckets said:

If it makes you feel any better, the irony is that Nurkic has actually made visible improvements to his game as well.. Its just that Collins looks THAT good right now. Just manage the expectations a bit from here, because 30 minutes a game is very unlikely now, but hes entirely capable of 14/10 with a block and steal in 25-28 minutes a night, depends how the matchup is. 

I agree with you here it just hurts that I didn’t protect my Nurk investment with Collins. Collins was actually just scooped up today in my points based league as I thought I didn’t have any cuts to make the add. I didn’t realize Hart would look like a cut jusr hours later with How Walton is going to run his rotations. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boogie Buckets said:

he wasn't all of last year, that's a simple fact

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, panthers93 said:

he wasn't all of last year, that's a simple fact

A 19 year old rookie big man with no muscle playing 16 minutes a night played dodgy defense? Wow colour me surprised. 

The point is he is filling out now, has great defensive instincts as well as mobility, and is a great rim protector, so the defensive ability would come eventually. He’s asjusted to the league a bit better now so of course hes playing his game better. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Boogie Buckets said:

A 19 year old rookie big man with no muscle playing 16 minutes a night played dodgy defense? Wow colour me surprised. 

The point is he is filling out now, has great defensive instincts as well as mobility, and is a great rim protector, so the defensive ability would come eventually. He’s asjusted to the league a bit better now so of course hes playing his game better. 

For the love of Nurkic, please don't

2 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

For the love of Nurkic, please don't

Nurks defense has fallen off a cliff for some reason, I think the sooner that returns to normal the sooner he’ll get consistent minutes

55 minutes ago, Boogie Buckets said:

with how defensive you were being you seemed plenty surprised

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This thread is full of people that streamed Collins, now holding him thinking he's the second coming of Davis lol

• Haha 1