jaystaypaid1

Zach Collins 2018-2019 Fantasy Outlook

I made a post earlier saying he was trash and said he would fade into obscurity after bunch of guys said he is better than nurk and will take over. I'm saying it again because it shouldn't have been deleted. Flash in the pan this guy reminds me of Meyers Leonard and will be dropped in all leagues by end of next week

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, richg24 said:

I made a post earlier saying he was trash and said he would fade into obscurity after bunch of guys said he is better than nurk and will take over. I'm saying it again because it shouldn't have been deleted. Flash in the pan this guy reminds me of Meyers Leonard and will be dropped in all leagues by end of next week

I would bet against ‘all drops him by next week’

He is NOT better than Nurk. But he is not like Leonard - Zach has a bit of Kuzma in a much bigger wingspan. It’s still a hold until the ride crashes completely. This guy is very fantasy friendly. Hold tight.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, PuzzBeterson2 said:

Can you elaborate on how he reminds you of Meyers Leonard? 

I think he already has more blocks than Leonard for his career. Compared to Leonard in terms of speed he looks like Usain Bolt. Yes too similar!

14 minutes ago, PuzzBeterson2 said:

Can you elaborate on how he reminds you of Meyers Leonard? 

Must be because they are both white, tall, and drafted by the Portland Trail Blazers.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Must be because they are both white, tall, and drafted by the Portland Trail Blazers.

Ya basically. Collins also can't rebound and sucks like leonard

• Haha 1

Do you people realize that Zach Collins  rankings for a season in standard  9 cat leagues is awesome? 

Basketball monster has him at 77,  FB ninja at 50.

1.8 blocks per game, 0.9 3pm  with  good %s are nothing to complain about.

15 players so far average more than 1 block and have at least 70% FG  and 0.7 3pm

As usual, I  know  nothing

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Do you people realize that Zach Collins  rankings for a season in standard  9 cat leagues is awesome? 

Basketball monster has him at 77,  FB ninja at 50.

1.8 blocks per game, 0.9 3pm  with  good %s are nothing to complain about.

15 players so far average more than 1 block and have at least 70% FG  and 0.7 3pm

As usual, I  know  nothing

He got 6 of those blocks gifted to him by the Lakers in G1. Those had little to nothing to do with Collins and are inflating his fantasy value, along with his ridiculous FG%. Give him his blocks in games where guards don't sprint at him and hand him the ball. Watch his previously 70+% shooting continue to normalize. Then where is he ranked? I don't chase numbers, I watch basketball and make informed future projections. He's a borderline hold at best. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

He got 6 of those blocks gifted to him by the Lakers in G1. Those had little to nothing to do with Collins and are inflating his fantasy value, along with his ridiculous FG%. Give him his blocks in games where guards don't sprint at him and hand him the ball. Watch his previously 70+% shooting continue to normalize. Then where is he ranked? I don't chase numbers, I watch basketball and make informed future projections. He's a borderline hold at best. 

Remove that Lakers game with 6 blocks, he is still good value.

Last  2 weeks Collins is ranked  97th and 87th.     .57 and .77 are %s,  with 1 3pm, 0.5 stl and 1.3 blocks. 

12 players so far average more than 1 block and have at least 70% FG  and 0.7 3pm  over last 2 weeks span.

As usual, I  know  nothing :D

Just out of curiosity,  you said:  "I don't chase numbers, I watch basketball and make informed future projections."

Isn't fantasy basketball all about chasing numbers?

9 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Remove that Lakers game with 6 blocks, he is still good value.

No, that's not what I said. He's a beanpole whose primary offensive weapon is the 3. His FG% is completely unsustainable.

Edited by miasma16
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

No, that's not what I said. He's a beanpole whose primary offensive weapon is the 3. His FG% is completely unsustainable.

Exactly. Wait til he starts missing the 3s. Then hus fg% drops and he starts averaging 6 pts 3 rebs 1 block on 45% fg.

2 minutes ago, Boogie Buckets said:

Praise the ******** lord Stotts is playing Nurk and Collins together and shock, who would have thought, its working! (sarcasm). 

Yay, now Nurkic and Collins owners don't have to be at each other's necks. I don't know why Stotts didn't play him at PF before, he's got the perfect body for it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, yeet said:

Yay, now Nurkic and Collins owners don't have to be at each other's necks. I don't know why Stotts didn't play him at PF before, he's got the perfect body for it.

He’s definitely a C primarily but theres no good reason he can’t play next to Nurk and stretch the floor while providing the defense that Nurkic seems to have lost this year. Both of them have made clear improvements to their game and its a good problem to have for the team

Its the internet so I get it but why does everything have to be a hot take.  Folks are going out of their way to pat themselves on the back for saying a 20 year old-- who was drafted in the NBA as a longer term prospect and was picked up off the waiver wire by most fantasy players this season--is trash...:rolleyes:

Like I said up thread, Collins is by no means better than Nurk or Aminu.  He's not a definite hold in shallower leagues.  And news flash, he still has a lot of development to do as a player.  But for those of us in deeper leagues and/or who value a guy who combines 3 and block potential without killing your FT%, he's a solid end of bench guy with some upside. 

Nothing's changed.

As for the rebounding, as I noted earlier, when you watch him play you can see he's really more focused on his block out assignment then actually aggressively going after the ball.  Understandable for a young player in the midst of adding strength and trying to adjust to the physicality of the NBA.  So his board numbers are trash and will likely be underwhelming for the rest of the season.

I keep getting a roster alert about how much he's being dropped.  Cool....I can see Collins being expendable for a lot of folks.  But again, I'm holding strictly for the 3 and block potential and the belief that he's earned solid minutes and the trust of the coaching staff.  I see a player getting better and more confident even when its not always reflected in his lines.  He's obviously not going to be a starter this year but he's playing behind a guy who at times struggles with consistency, foul trouble, and has a history of getting nicked up a bit. All of which create potential paths to additional minutes.

So not a definite hold but a guy who I think will help some teams this year.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

This whole forum is funny. Some of these members expect 1st round production for a waiver pickup. Once you have a strong team up top, guys like Collins the “glue guys’ that take you over the top with the small but efficient and effective production they bring for the last or 2nd to last roster spot. 

If he fades out he still produced for a while and you move on to the next. 

• Like 2

As  @VaTerp  said above,  he is a waiver wire pickup with lots of potential (1.6 blocks, 0.9 3pm, .576% and.871%, with 1.4 to).

Getting consistent blocks without killing your FT%   is fantasy gold.   

In other words, he will not hurt you in any category and he will contribute in several (bls, 3pm, %s).   Collins has a chance to be Harris type of guy (Gary and Tobias) in fantasy. Underrated performer  that contributes in several categories without hurting in others. 

Advice: The blocks have disappeared lately with zero in his last three combined, but Collins has seen more playing time with at least nine points in each of his last five, averaging 9.8 points, 3.6 boards, 0.4 blocks and 0.8 treys. Collins is still worth owning in standard leagues.

Glad you think so Rotoworld blurber - looks definitely worth holding with last 5 games average of:

9 pts, 3 rebs, 0.2 assists, 0 steals, and 0.2 blocks and 0.3 3pm in 21 mpg. Ya, clear hold....SMH no wonder a lot of posters get sucked in. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PuzzBeterson2 said:

10 ppg on 50%fg, 3 ft on 85.7% and minutes going up towards 25 mpg. Stotts been playing him next to Nurk and in late game situations as well.

• If you're in a crunch and there's a hot free agents, sure, go for it.
  • If you're patient, and have a roster spot available, keep him.
  • If you're Richg24 keep coming back to this thread to post your silly hatred on a daily basis. 

Stop posting bad advice. The stats you even posted are not rosterable in any 12 team leagues, even 14 leagues there are many more productive options. You know, I will keep coming back to post as well - not "silly hatred" but facts. Earlier I said in a week or so he will start being dropped in all leagues, Fact. -14% ownership in Yahoo over the last day, down to 35% from about 60% 1.5 weeks ago. This will be down to <10% within the next two weeks, but keep advising to hold. 

He did play next to Nurk in the 4th last game and did not touch the ball on one occasion except when he had one nice putback dunk. I watch the games I don't just talk s---. He played last 3 mins alone because Nurk fouled out. I watch almost all portland games. You don't wait for hot FA to drop a scrub like this, you drop right away and stream his spot for production every day. 

• Like 3

On 11/5/2018 at 2:54 PM, PuzzBeterson2 said:

Yup. Sophomore lottery pick is officially done after having a great start to his second season. He hasnt played well in 2-3 games. Blazers will cut him, he'll go to Lebanon and fade into obscurity.

I'm done with these forums man.

kbye

• Haha 2