Sign in to follow this  
murraygd13

9/25 Gameday Thread

Rainy all day in Boston.  Check any weather updates later if you own a Red Sox or an O's (hahah ... sorry, I actually have Cedric Mullins in a dynasty myself) player.

Touki, Shoe, Arch, Faria, J. James, Bearded Brett, and Montgomery on the bump for me tonight. I have never started 7 guys in a night let alone in the league final.

This is gonna be a wild Tuesday.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, atrium said:

Ugh Red Sox game postponed today.

But you get to double dip tomorrow while getting extra stats from your bench bats tonight:

Tuesday's game between the Orioles and Red Sox has been postponed due to rain.

The clubs will make up the game as part of a day-night doubleheader on Wednesday. David Price was scheduled to start Tuesday for Boston while Baltimore was set to go with Jimmy Yacabonis. Fantasy owners should take note that the Red Sox plan to use Price in Game 1 and Chris Sale in Game 2 on Wednesday.

Source: Chris Cotillo on Twitter                   Sep 25 - 2:25 PM

And believe me they did the right thing calling this early.  How I hate when they force all the fans to go to the game then call it after 3 or 4 hours when everyone knows the forecast sucks from the get go.  Wise call.

Many other games look in bad shape too.  Most may get in but may not finish all 9 innings and/or could face delays.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, LoGo said:

Touki, Shoe, Arch, Faria, J. James, Bearded Brett, and Montgomery on the bump for me tonight. I have never started 7 guys in a night let alone in the league final.

This is gonna be a wild Tuesday.

Go Monty!!

• Like 1

I would be shocked if Mets - Braves play tonight.   I'm surprised it hasn't been called already.  Rain in forecast tomorrow too

Edited by Ratso1022

1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

But you get to double dip tomorrow while getting extra stats from your bench bats tonight:

And believe me they did the right thing calling this early.  How I hate when they force all the fans to go to the game then call it after 3 or 4 hours when everyone knows the forecast sucks from the get go.  Wise call.

Many other games look in bad shape too.  Most may get in but may not finish all 9 innings and/or could face delays.

no viable red sock will play both games and who, in the running, owns any orioles?  The double dip is almost a non-entity

Edited by Ratso1022

1 hour ago, Ratso1022 said:

no viable red sock will play both games and who, in the running, owns any orioles?  The double dip is almost a non-entity

I own Cedric Mullins.  And Mookie may want to pad the stats for MVP.  He sat out two games in a row already this week.  Cora won't want him to play but Mookie wants that 30th stolen base.  Also if you have someone like Pearce or Holt on your bench yeah you can double dip.  A lot of people here play in very deep leagues where players like that are owned and Holt is on fire of late.  You could even stream him.

Conversely you have enough OFers to cover both days just fine despite losing JD today and he loses Benintendi and doesn't have enough OFers to cover today.  Double dip by subtraction against your opponent. 

You got to plan your bench out carefully for these types of moments.  If it isn't raining then it is resting vets the last week of the season.  No way you don't have every single position player covered somehow someway for late season playoffs time since most hitting stats tend to be quantity ones.

6 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

I own Cedric Mullins.  And Mookie may want to pad the stats for MVP.  He sat out two games in a row already this week.  Cora won't want him to play but Mookie wants that 30th stolen base.  Also if you have someone like Pearce or Holt on your bench yeah you can double dip.  A lot of people here play in very deep leagues where players like that are owned and Holt is on fire of late.  You could even stream him.

Conversely you have enough OFers to cover both days just fine despite losing JD today and he loses Benintendi and doesn't have enough OFers to cover today.  Double dip by subtraction against your opponent. 

You got to plan your bench out carefully for these types of moments.  If it isn't raining then it is resting vets the last week of the season.  No way you don't have every single position player covered somehow someway for late season playoffs time since most hitting stats tend to be quantity ones.

i can see 90% of the audience being bummed and, most, screwed by the rainout.   Mookie won't play both and he will only play half of yankee series.   He will get an SB.  

Go Buehler!  Go James!

Even though I'm not using him tonight because of the pitch count being at 60-65, go Bauer!

1 hour ago, Ratso1022 said:

You may very well be right for the Red Sox.  I'd be surprised if even J.D. played in both of them even though he DHs and plays the OF.  As for the Orioles, despite the pitching matchups being a bit rough for him, Villar is a guy who would likely play in both games and has been a huge help for anyone who owns him since being traded to Baltimore.

2 hours ago, Ratso1022 said:

I'm looking forward to having Villar play two games tomorrow. I need those SB.

dont see any of the usual yankee fans in here yet.

but anyone watching the yankees game?  Judge almost killed Jacob Faria from tampa.  110mph line drive back up the middle,  faria some how caught it but i feel the ball missed his head by like 2 inches and just hit his glove.  Manager pulled him out right after

i was scared i think it may have killed him serious 

1 minute ago, colepenhagen said:

watch Gary have a huge championship week ha

i have 1 team in championship and no gary. hes on both my h2h teams that lost last week.

go figure

cant wait to take him at a discount next year tho

Max with his 300th K on the year along with his 33rd start. Last 4 years averaged close to 285 K per season. Doubtful we ever see the likes of him again. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

Max with his 300th K on the year along with his 33rd start. Last 4 years averaged close to 285 K per season. Doubtful we ever see the likes of him again. 

meh, ppl said that with koufax and randy johnson and pedro

a dominant pitcher seems to come around every decade or so

Edited by jfazz23

Lol Montgomery

picked him up for the first time this year just for this week. Pit blowing him up already. I have all the luck. 

Edited by Members_Only_76

Christian Yelich now has 101 RBIs. 

Kipnis is attempting to play centerfield. I know it's a little hard to believe but true

Edited by weakkneeswilly

16 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

meh, ppl said that with koufax and randy johnson and pedro

a dominant pitcher seems to come around every decade or so

Times have changed again though. I don't feel that pitchers will get the innings to do this any longer along with staying basically injury free. 

Pedro only had three total seasons of 285 or above.

Johnson did it with more innings ( game changed as pitchers won't get that many innings a year again)

Koufax did it the last 4 years of his career and flamed out

This is Max's 7th consecutive season of 230 or above.

But you could be right

11 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

Times have changed again though. I don't feel that pitchers will get the innings to do this any longer along with staying basically injury free. 

Pedro only had three total seasons of 285 or above.

Johnson did it with more innings ( game changed as pitchers won't get that many innings a year again)

Koufax did it the last 4 years of his career and flamed out

This is Max's 7th consecutive season of 230 or above.

But you could be right

his consistency is impressive but i cant say i put him above RJ or Pedro in their top 3 or 4 years

i mean Nolan ryan struck out 300+ in 6 seasons in 2 decades. 

i think every generation thinks they have seen the best to be honest and someone usually matches or one ups them

28 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

his consistency is impressive but i cant say i put him above RJ or Pedro in their top 3 or 4 years

i mean Nolan ryan struck out 300+ in 6 seasons in 2 decades. 

i think every generation thinks they have seen the best to be honest and someone usually matches or one ups them

In baseball terms what defines a generation?  Curious as I have been around to watch all of them play except Koufax as I was 12 years old and no access to a television. Though I still remember him shutting down the Twins in '65, knowing nothing about religion and wishing people of the Jewish faith couldn't pitch in the postseason instead of just Saturdays.