• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
papocrain

Bobby Portis 2018-2019Season Outlook

Could he still get enough minutes even with WSJ in the lineup? His per minute stats were gold last season even if Markkanen was back from injury. 

If hes the 6th man then yes...he will be the main option in the 2nd team...but WCJ is going to command the middle most likely in 1st unit...maybe they playside by side at times too...also Lopez may be a thorn for some time...

I just like that his nickname is Punchbob

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh you’d better believe he’s gonna get some minutes. Wendell better brush up on his right hook. 

• Haha 4

Who would you take for the last pick - Aminu or Portis? Aminu would be competing for minutes with Harkless, Collins and Swanigan. Whereas Portis would compete with WCJ, Lopez and  Lauri. I like Portis between the 2 coz he can play 4 and 5 positions. Aminu on the other hand is strictly a 4 in Portland's system.

Interested to see what kind of usage he get with the starters I say he prolly 3rd-4th option behind LaVine/Parker prolly ahead of Dunn. 

13 pts 8 Rebs 1.2 treys 48% fg 

1 hour ago, kane said:

I prefer him to come off the bench and be the main offesive option for the 2nd unit 

• Like 1

Watching him tonight (.615FG%/3-3PTS/20PTS/8REB/2AST/1STL/1BLK/, MAN, if he was ever given a solidified starting spot at PF I would stroke myself silly!!!  He'll definitely put up his numbers with Markannen out and even when Markannen gets back, the Portis train will continue to ride in hot as the 6th man.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bsu27 said:

Portis or Bell? 

Golden State game about to start. I'll be watching Jordan Bell with the remaining GS starters to see how he fits in with this offense, although it being a pre-season game. 

What do you think about Portis compare to Willy Cauley-Stein or Sabonis?

24 minutes ago, Jon35 said:

What do you think about Portis compare to Willy Cauley-Stein or Sabonis?

WCS is now entering his 4th year and you can only assume he's going to improve on his numbers.  Problem is, I'm just not sold on him yet and his lack of blocks is such a turn off but he's their starting center.  Sabonis on the other hand may continue to be serviceable like he was last year, however, I would take WCS over Sabonis.  As for Portis, I still give the advantage to Portis because of his ability to stroke the 3 and got to love the stocks!  He looks so live this pre-season and I will welcome 2 months of stats while Markannen is out.

1 minute ago, christino3286 said:

What you guys think vs Len or WCS? 

Easily Bobby over those guys. Len and WCS are both way too inconsistent. WCS also has a ton of competition as Sac is full of young bigs all vying for minutes.

No Dunn tonight. Does this help Porter? Probably will get more minutes/scoring opportunities right? I know Dunn is the PG, but they need to get points somewhere right? 

Edited by dannyusf

22 minutes ago, dannyusf said:

No Dunn tonight. Does this help Porter? Probably will get more minutes/scoring opportunities right? I know Dunn is the PG, but they need to get points somewhere right? 

Portis has always been great on a per minute basis.  Dunn's touches will just go to Payne/Lavine.  I doubt it disperses to the front court.  Markannen being out and Jabari having a mediocre preseason indicates Portis is going to have a pretty good month or two while Lauri is out.  I think the biggest concern is what his minutes and usage will be when Lauri gets back.  

39 minutes ago, dannyusf said:

I don't know. Dunn's distributing will mostly fall to LaVine. That isn't a very good trade off. I think LaVine benefits the most from Dunn's absence. I wonder how the backcourt defensive assignments get broken down, but Portis is going to get Saric and that is a fine matchup for him. 

3 hours ago, Kriggly said:

Portis has always been great on a per minute basis.  Dunn's touches will just go to Payne/Lavine.  I doubt it disperses to the front court.  Markannen being out and Jabari having a mediocre preseason indicates Portis is going to have a pretty good month or two while Lauri is out.  I think the biggest concern is what his minutes and usage will be when Lauri gets back.  

Thats a long ways away.  In the meantime, Portis is going to light people up.  Guy is a flat out scorer.  

incredible opener....i'm on the verge of droping bogdan bogdanovic for him, but a little worried he might be capped when markkanen returns 

I dont think Markkanen comes back anytime soon, and i dont think when he does make it back that hell be as effective as last year. UCL injuries are no joke, they take baseball players out of the game for a 12 to 18 months. Nic Batum had the same injury last year and was out longer than expected. He also struggled mightily initially after coming back also. 

What does that mean for Portis? I think he's got a prime oppurtunity to break out this season. The playing time is there and the talent is there; he just needs to put it together and produce. I think he will, imo, a must own in standard leagues right now

8 minutes ago, NoHablaIngles said:

I dont think Markkanen comes back anytime soon, and i dont think when he does make it back that hell be as effective as last year. UCL injuries are no joke, they take baseball players out of the game for a 12 to 18 months. Nic Batum had the same injury last year and was out longer than expected. He also struggled mightily initially after coming back also. 

What does that mean for Portis? I think he's got a prime oppurtunity to break out this season. The playing time is there and the talent is there; he just needs to put it together and produce. I think he will, imo, a must own in standard leagues right now

alright, i'm convinced B)

Hope he remains a starter all throughout the season. Thinking of changing my teamname to "The Punchbobs" as well.

In addition to his game improving, his body looks a lot stronger compared to last season. Looking like an excellent value pick!