papocrain

Bobby Portis 2018-2019Season Outlook

4 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

What's the appeal on Portis, only really provides Points and Boards, serious question

Well, he'll give treys, and if you're in a league that counts OREB (like me), he'll net you those too.  

Other than that, he'll give you pretty much nothing else.  I do think that he'll be slightly more productive with starter's minutes though, and his FG% should rise, although y'all are absolutely right that he's a terrible shooter.  Then again, I don't exactly delight in watching Dunn and Lavine try to shoot jumpers either.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, flat_eric said:

Nevermind the volume stats, he's just not very good at basketball.

Good thing that doesn't matter for fantasy

3 hours ago, flat_eric said:

Nevermind the volume stats, he's just not very good at basketball.

who cares he is good or not at basketball when you are playing fantasy

anybody who can putting up stat is good (fantasy) player

Edited by kane

1 hour ago, OxyBubbleMan said:

Bobby has no master. Bobby is a free elf!

4 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

4 games next week, guess I'll join B)

Put some respekt when you mention his name. Legend has it his Apache/Cherokee name is Crazy Eyes. Bobby  “Crazy Eyes” Portis !!!

34 minutes ago, kane said:

who cares he is good or not at basketball when you are playing fantasy

anybody who can putting up stat is good (fantasy) player

Well, you have to care that he's a good enough player in reality or else he doesn't get minutes. But he's not half bad, and his numbers show it. I think his stocks will improve, if ever so slightly, as he's now more or less guaranteed 25+ mins going forward, basically for the rest of the season unless the Bulls get another center. 

His per minute averages were already pretty stellar, but, as I mentioned before, I'm in a points league, so the stakes are different. 

6 hours ago, DownSouthWolverine said:

Trash, back to the wire.  Done owning Bulls players.

lol rookie move 

Lopez being show cases , he’ll get  traded and Bobby will get huge minutes all season with the young guys. Easy top 75 potential 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Asapjoshy said:

lol rookie move 

Lopez being show cases , he’ll get  traded and Bobby will get huge minutes all season with the young guys. Easy top 75 potential 

I don't think it's a rookie move when Portis is your worst player.  if he is your best option at the position, yeah, keep him.  Truth it, he isn't THAT great.  He provides almost no stocks and his shot is hit or miss.  I won't argue about opportunity, though.  He should definitely get that.

6 hours ago, DownSouthWolverine said:

I don't think it's a rookie move when Portis is your worst player.  if he is your best option at the position, yeah, keep him.  Truth it, he isn't THAT great.  He provides almost no stocks and his shot is hit or miss.  I won't argue about opportunity, though.  He should definitely get that.

10 man league + Portis is a hold in all cases imo. I’d even hold to block off somebody else having him , but everybody’s situation is different GL 

free bobbbyyyy

• Like 1

On 1/24/2019 at 9:58 AM, Asapjoshy said:

10 man league + Portis is a hold in all cases imo. I’d even hold to block off somebody else having him , but everybody’s situation is different GL 

free bobbbyyyy

Agreed.  I'm in a points league, so it does make a difference.  But Portis was already doing his thing in limited minutes, fantasy points-wise, and it seems like he has a pretty golden key to produce that much more with higher usage without WCJ.  I also consider him a dandy little trade chip since the Bulls playoff schedule ain't all too great.

This guy is the biggest chucker in the NBA. Never seen a scrub like this have this kind of unreasonable confidence.

• Haha 1

I got onto the forum thinking he'd be lauded for his 18 and 14 performance, but it turns out that wouldn't be the case!  I'm in a points league, and for anyone else who has him in points leagues, they will be happy if he has a game like this every time (myself included!).

• Like 2

Eh, if you own Portis, you should know the drill.  Points and boards (and OREB if you've got that cat), along with the occasional outburst of treys, with little else.  He's not a big man for fantasy purposes, since he's not gonna help FG% and can't block shots.  Treat him like a low-end shooter who just so happens to rebound, lol.