papocrain

Bobby Portis 2018-2019Season Outlook

3 hours ago, Nica4two said:

I got onto the forum thinking he'd be lauded for his 18 and 14 performance, but it turns out that wouldn't be the case!  I'm in a points league, and for anyone else who has him in points leagues, they will be happy if he has a game like this every time (myself included!).

I'm in points leagues also. If he has lines like these every night, I'm stoked! He had like 40-45 fantasy points tonight (depending on how your scoring goes obviously). That's damn good

I'm hoping the Bulls get rid of Lopez by the deadline and give my boy Portis the constant starting job. He needs more time to produce anything of value in my opinion

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CheeseUgly said:

I'm hoping the Bulls get rid of Lopez by the deadline and give my boy Portis the constant starting job. He needs more time to produce anything of value in my opinion

Yeah, even when Boylen says he's not gonna play RoLo anymore, and even with WCJ and Hutch out, Portis STILL can't get enough PT.

I'm gonna be patient (as an owner of Portis and Jabari), and let the Bulls implode by the trade deadline. 

6 minutes ago, MWon said:

Yeah, even when Boylen says he's not gonna play RoLo anymore, and even with WCJ and Hutch out, Portis STILL can't get enough PT.

I'm gonna be patient (as an owner of Portis and Jabari), and let the Bulls implode by the trade deadline. 

Same, he only needs 22-25 minutes to put up stats. Bulls could also be showcasing Rlo and Parker.

Edited by DezedandConfused

On 1/27/2019 at 2:57 PM, CheeseUgly said:

I may be wrong, but it doesn't seem like Boylen (and perhaps other people in the org.) want Portis to start - ever.  He seems like an energy/points guy off the bench, not a starting-caliber center in their eyes.  Maybe I'm reaching on that hypothesis though.

37 minutes ago, Nica4two said:

I may be wrong, but it doesn't seem like Boylen (and perhaps other people in the org.) want Portis to start - ever.  He seems like an energy/points guy off the bench, not a starting-caliber center in their eyes.  Maybe I'm reaching on that hypothesis though.

I think the goal for Boylen, more importantly than who to start, is to tank. Why start someone who can possibly affect this outcome in the opposite way? 

For him is to simply pick a lineup that will likely stay together the next season and build chemistry while making sure they don't win too many of the games. I just dropped Portis today, Chicago from a fantasy standpoint the safe bets are Dunn, Lavine, and Markannen. But don't be surprised if the coach shuts some of them down early when close to the end of the season.

• Haha 1

Lopez is done after trade deadline... they are dying to get someone to take him. Portis should get all he can eat after that, as long as a center doesn’t come their way via trade. 

6 hours ago, NBA_OG said:

I think the goal for Boylen, more importantly than who to start, is to tank. Why start someone who can possibly affect this outcome in the opposite way? 

For him is to simply pick a lineup that will likely stay together the next season and build chemistry while making sure they don't win too many of the games. I just dropped Portis today, Chicago from a fantasy standpoint the safe bets are Dunn, Lavine, and Markannen. But don't be surprised if the coach shuts some of them down early when close to the end of the season.

Mate, Bobby Portis is 449th out of 482 NBA players in real plus-minus. He's not being kept out of the starting lineup because they think he'll make them win..

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, qpeeters said:

Mate, Bobby Portis is 449th out of 482 NBA players in real plus-minus. He's not being kept out of the starting lineup because they think he'll make them win..

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm

Nice stats but hoops is a team game though. If you play with a shatty second squad you +/- wouldn't look good if other 4 don't do their job.

He single handedly won them the game in the second half today. Not bad.

• Like 1

The crazy eyes can explode in any night

42 minutes ago, christino3286 said:

Portis watchers would you recommend droping Thad? 

Nah

Dropped him, nobody claimed him, scooped him back up. Let's all hope they don't trade portis. Smart thing would be to definitely trade away rolo. 

I don't see them making a short term move for a center.  WCJ is their dude going forward, and they're already set in the frontcourt with Lauri and Portis.  Them trying to build anything roster wise in the short term while also hunting a lottery pick wouldn't make sense.  

He is a Wizard now apparently.

He only has to worry about Morris or Dwight so his outlook looks good?

9 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

Not really. Brooks is a moron.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

I would definitely say yes. He needed out of Chicago. Imo he is the clearest beneficiary of this trade