papocrain

Bobby Portis 2018-2019Season Outlook

4 minutes ago, Jin said:

Not really. Brooks is a moron.

I come from the Bryant HC forum.  Yes, he is.

Portis has a LOT of competition for small ball C, since Green plays there, and Bryant/Mahinmi can take about 20 minutes there too.  MM/D12 aren't even back yet.

Grab him for the upside and the 4-4-4 schedule, but I'm not sure about this one.

1 minute ago, MWon said:

I come from the Bryant HC forum.  Yes, he is.

Portis has a LOT of competition for small ball C, since Green plays there, and Bryant/Mahinmi can take about 20 minutes there too.  MM/D12 aren't even back yet.

Grab him for the upside and the 4-4-4 schedule, but I'm not sure about this one.

Mahinmi is not a threat, still think Portis plays 22-25, Green has been playing too many minutes.

3 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Mahinmi is not a threat, still think Portis plays 22-25, Green has been playing too many minutes.

God I hope not.  Again, as a (now former) Bryant owner, I know that Brooks does some wacky things.  

Fingers crossed that Ariza/Green get traded, Bryant continues his 15 minute starting gig, and Portis, as you say, takes about 25 minutes at PF/C, while MM/D12 both get shut down.

1 minute ago, MWon said:

God I hope not.  Again, as a (now former) Bryant owner, I know that Brooks does some wacky things.  

Fingers crossed that Ariza/Green get traded, Bryant continues his 15 minute starting gig, and Portis, as you say, takes about 25 minutes at PF/C, while MM/D12 both get shut down.

Wildcard is Parker, if he plays 30-35 then yeah I dont see 25+ for Portis

12 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Wildcard is Parker, if he plays 30-35 then yeah I dont see 25+ for Portis

Heh, I own both.  I'm not too upset if so.  

Again, I'd love for the Wiz to go into a true tank and get rid of their older SF/PFs (Ariza/Green) in order to make room for their younger acquisitions (Portis/Parker).

2 minutes ago, MWon said:

Again, I'd love for the Wiz to go into a true tank and get rid of their older SF/PFs (Ariza/Green) in order to make room for their younger acquisitions (Portis/Parker).

They're only 3.5 games back tho for 8th seed, but I can see Green or Ariza trade though as both UFA

7 minutes ago, MWon said:

This isn't too far off to happen. Great market for that type of players

Agreed.  Lots of contenders would love to have Ariza or Green as bench role players.

I could definitely see the Lakers making a move to get Ariza (again) and Green could go to a team like the Rockets or something.

Even though the Wiz aren't too far off in the weak East, it doesn't really make sense for them to attempt a PO run without Wall, and giving up Porter must mean they're gonna fire up their tank engine soon.

Was loving his value in Chicago... now not so much. 

Doesn't look like Ariza/Green are going to be dealt.

Obviously, awful for Portis.  Praying he can carve out some C minutes behind Bryant, but since the latter balled out last night and Green plays C in small ball, it's gonna be a really bumpy ride for Portis.  That's not even considering the fact that D12 might actually come back.  Yeah, it's stupid and there's no reason for the Wiz to do so, but hey, I think trading extra pieces to a contender would've been wiser than holding vets on a rebuilding team in a lost season, but whatever.

On 2/7/2019 at 11:05 AM, MWon said:

Doesn't look like Ariza/Green are going to be dealt.

Obviously, awful for Portis.  Praying he can carve out some C minutes behind Bryant, but since the latter balled out last night and Green plays C in small ball, it's gonna be a really bumpy ride for Portis.  That's not even considering the fact that D12 might actually come back.  Yeah, it's stupid and there's no reason for the Wiz to do so, but hey, I think trading extra pieces to a contender would've been wiser than holding vets on a rebuilding team in a lost season, but whatever.

The Wizards had the worst trading season I've seen in a looooong time. They're gonna suck for the next four years.

My man Bobby “ Crazy Eyez “ Portis ..  kids a wizard :ph34r: