papocrain

Bobby Portis 2018-2019Season Outlook

5 minutes ago, HerrMcKenzie said:

Out for weeks? Where did you read that?

Btw pretty good team

Here you go:

"Portis underwent an MRI on his injured right knee Thursday morning with the organization having internal concern he'll miss extended time. One source's initial estimate was at least four weeks, with potentially a similar injury to Kris Dunn."

source: https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-spt-bulls-bobby-portis-knee-injury-20181025-story.html

Just now, adithmuluk said:

Here you go:

"Portis underwent an MRI on his injured right knee Thursday morning with the organization having internal concern he'll miss extended time. One source's initial estimate was at least four weeks, with potentially a similar injury to Kris Dunn."

source: https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-spt-bulls-bobby-portis-knee-injury-20181025-story.html

thanks!

1 minute ago, LosingEffort said:

He was good until Markkanen was injured 
Now Markkanen will be back before him
And then I predict lot of Portis dnps

That annoying notification in Yahoo keeps on popping up ("roster alert") saying he's been dropped by 4800+ teams so far now...

2 minutes ago, HerrMcKenzie said:

thanks!

You're welcome. And thanks for your comment on my team. I've actually dropped Bamba and used that 1 roster spot for streaming recently...

9 minutes ago, christino3286 said:

Is Justin holiday the benificary here? I see lots of Payne adds...

Has nothing to do with Portis.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Roto4500 said:

Has nothing to do with Portis.

Lol, some of you guys take these boards way too seriously.

• Like 1

Well as a Justin Holiday owner, I see he is playing massive minutes. However, he has still only taken a steady 9 shots every game. I think all the shots are going to LaVine and maybe Parker now. 

Both with ACL histories, I dunno whats happening with the bulls in a month or two.

Soooo, is Portis worth holding even with an IR, considering they have a gluten of PF’s?

Too bad I have Cousins stashed on my IR or I would hold him. Once I see official news I’ll likely drop. Bigs are extremely valuable in my fantasy league but I won’t wait a month (if it’s really 4+ weeks) for him. 

2 hours ago, adithmuluk said:

Pretty sure that 2 hours later, there's still no official announcement from Chicago about the injury. I don't know what you're jockeying for, he's not going to be listed as injured until the team makes it official.

Dump him.  He's going to be out at least 3 weeks and by that time Lauri will be back or very close and the upside just isn't there.  As a Bulls fan I was quite high on Bobby this year but he's not worth holding onto unless you have an open IR spot.   At best he's a back end top 75 guy, and that's with health.

31 minutes ago, Supersonics said:

Too bad I have Cousins stashed on my IR or I would hold him. Once I see official news I’ll likely drop. Bigs are extremely valuable in my fantasy league but I won’t wait a month (if it’s really 4+ weeks) for him. 

I'm in the same boat, Cousins currently stashed in my IR slot and I have Portis. I'm going forward with replacing Portis from the FA wire in my league. Not only that, I also have Kris Dunn injured too! :(

1 minute ago, laurilegend said:

lol it's only Thursday you been streaming already that hard?

dont ask lol....

• Haha 1