papocrain

Bobby Portis 2018-2019Season Outlook

2 hours ago, yeet said:

How's he gonna look with Jabari and Lauri back?

He'll get his minutes.

1. Based on the Bulls' game earlier against Pacers, Lauri played some C's against Turner. That's how badly they need Portis because Wendell can't be on the court the whole game.

2. Lauri needs to stick to playing 4.

3. Jabari can play 3 and 4.

I know people have different opinions and I respect that. But if we're going to be objective and check HOW the Bulls' are playing on the court, Bobby Portis can be the missing piece on their frontcourt. I'm not saying that he grabs the starting spot, but rather, he can be the energy guy off the bench like Bam Adebayo.

Oh well. that's just my 2 cents.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MrBean said:

He'll get his minutes.

1. Based on the Bulls' game earlier against Pacers, Lauri played some C's against Turner. That's how badly they need Portis because Wendell can't be on the court the whole game.

I know people have different opinions and I respect that. But if we're going to be objective and check HOW the Bulls' are playing on the court, Bobby Portis can be the missing piece on their frontcourt. I'm not saying that he grabs the starting spot, but rather, he can be the energy guy off the bench like Bam Adebayo.

Think I should drop Dwight for him? I don't mind holding but would rather have Portis even if his stats are a bit lower than Dwight's.

CBS report on the scrimmage says he should be back in the next weeks. Damn—I was thinking this full-contact scrimmage meant he was very close to returning.

8 hours ago, MrBean said:

He'll get his minutes.

In what kind of league are you playing?
Unless deepest leagues he's useless because it's unreal to think there's enough minutes to produce
A frontcourt with Markkanen, Carter, Jabari, Lopez (until he's with the team) is too loaded
Even if he can have something like 15 minutes he can't be rosterable in a 12 teams league

If you consider lopez out it gives you 32 + 32 + 32 minutes for carter marka portis. I imagine more precise portis 26 and parker 6 min pf and 15 sf

• Thanks 1

Last year Portis played 22 mpg and was productive, and that was with Robin Lopez and Noah Vonleh in the mix taking 26 and 19 minutes each. Rotoworld sees him getting 22-26 minutes which is still solid.

Drafted him very late and dropped him after the injury. Now dropped Bamba for him. I'm also a Markannen owner, so the added handcuff value makes him a solid target for me. Do believe he will get minutes in the mid-high 20s and he's proven that he can provide a punch.

43 minutes ago, yeet said:

Last year Portis played 22 mpg and was productive, and that was with Robin Lopez and Noah Vonleh in the mix taking 26 and 19 minutes each. Rotoworld sees him getting 22-26 minutes which is still solid.

I mean 124th in value was okay but now he has a much higher usage player in Jabari and a player who's more important to the team in Carter next to him. Not to mention Lauri is no longer a rook and will be even higher usage. 

If Portis got steals or blocked shots then I'd be on board but without defensive stats it seems like a tough path to value without an injury or trade. It is his contract year though so who knows, maybe he balls so hard it forced management's hand to do something.

10 hours ago, LosingEffort said:

In what kind of league are you playing?
Unless deepest leagues he's useless because it's unreal to think there's enough minutes to produce
A frontcourt with Markkanen, Carter, Jabari, Lopez (until he's with the team) is too loaded
Even if he can have something like 15 minutes he can't be rosterable in a 12 teams league

I am playing a very competitive 16 team league.

Just to confirm... You know that the Bulls had more frontcourt timesharing issue last year, right? They had Mirotic, Lopez, Vonleh, Portis, Lauri. But Portis still managed to get 22mpg. How can you say that Portis won't get enough minutes to produce?

Edited by MrBean

9 hours ago, MrBean said:

I am playing a very competitive 16 team league.

Just to confirm... You know that the Bulls had more frontcourt timesharing issue last year, right? They had Mirotic, Lopez, Vonleh, Portis, Lauri. But Portis still managed to get 22mpg. How can you say that Portis won't get enough minutes to produce?

Not the same at all imo
Mirotic was out of picture early (and before being traded he was injured for months....)
Now there are Markkanen and Carter important pieces for the future of the franchise and they we'll have all the minutes they can handle
Jabari off the bench is also a player who was payed and signed a multiyear so I think he'll keep 30 minutes per game like now
Remaining minutes in the frontcourt are for Portis and Robin Lopez, both expiring contracts who could also be moved til the deadline
Same discussion I had in the Josh Hart topic: people can't submit to the the fact that as good as a player could be for their fantasy team, he can't earn enough minutes to produce

2nd year of Parkers contract is a team option. So its like nothing. If the Bulls prefers Portis over Parker, they will not take the player option of Parker and can offer 15-20m to Portis easely if the 3 men bigs rotation is good. They have cap because of Marka and Carter rookie contracts and they will surely target a sf in the next draft. So all money to spend on Lavine Dunn and Portis.

4 hours ago, LosingEffort said:

Not the same at all imo
Mirotic was out of picture early (and before being traded he was injured for months....)
Now there are Markkanen and Carter important pieces for the future of the franchise and they we'll have all the minutes they can handle
Jabari off the bench is also a player who was payed and signed a multiyear so I think he'll keep 30 minutes per game like now
Remaining minutes in the frontcourt are for Portis and Robin Lopez, both expiring contracts who could also be moved til the deadline
Same discussion I had in the Josh Hart topic: people can't submit to the the fact that as good as a player could be for their fantasy team, he can't earn enough minutes to produce

I respectfully disagree. I could be wrong... I'm not saying that Portis will get 20mins guaranteed. I'm just hoping here because if given a chance, Portis is what the Bulls needed instead of Jabari (for his defense).

Let's just wait and hope for the best. Cheers mate!

so mad I couldn't stash this guy on my IL, but I already had Markkanen and Will Barton on there. Someone scooped him up 2 weeks ago. He was routinely putting up 50-60ppg in my league before the injury.

5 hours ago, LosingEffort said:

Not the same at all imo

Wanna bet for bragging rights? I'll take the over on 22 min per game for ROS.

BTW: last year he needed 22:30 mins to put up 13/7/2 with 1.5 stocks

Should be picked up from most 12t upwards IMO

Lineup note: Bobby Portis, Kris Dunn will have a minutes limit if they play Friday

• Like 1

Bulls coach Jim Boylen praised Bobby Portis (sprained right MCL) as a player "with the ability to raise the level of your practice."

Portis has resumed practicing and could potentially return within the week, though Chicago hasn't offered a specific return date. Boylen is unhappy with his team's conditioning and the fact that he highlighted Portis' energy is a great sign, calling it "something [the Bulls] need." That should quickly translate to playing time, so Portis is an intriguing pickup in competitive leagues.

Edited by chud12

He can go and raise the level of practice in Chicago and also cheer from the bench for the guys playing! 

• Haha 2

You guys think he’s worth getting in 10 teamer?

thinning he can be that bench punch,  but not sure if it’s worth dropping consistent guys for his upside 

10 minutes ago, calebcjy said:

You guys think he’s worth getting in 10 teamer?

thinning he can be that bench punch,  but not sure if it’s worth dropping consistent guys for his upside 

If you're looking for punch, Portis is definitely your man

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, fabrar said:

If you're looking for punch, Portis is definitely your man

Didn’t realize I was setting myself up for that :lol:

funny tbjng is I’ve got mirotic on my squad too

• Haha 1