papocrain

Bobby Portis 2018-2019Season Outlook

9 hours ago, MrBean said:

Portis is what the Bulls needed instead of Jabari (for his defense).

Where in the hell do you get Portis is good on defense????

7 minutes ago, q6174 said:

Where in the hell do you get Portis is good on defense????

Last year Portis was the only positive in BPM beside Mirotic who was traded like 20 games in.

1 hour ago, yeet said:

Last year Portis was the only positive in BPM beside Mirotic who was traded like 20 games in.

Portis is a bad team defender and a sub-par overall defender.  He gets bullied down low and isn't quick enough to stay with most wings when switched.  He hustles and is a solid rebounder so he's not awul but overall he's below average.  That said, you don't lose fantasy points for losing your man in transition (or BPM!)...

Minutes wise I think the predictions up thread are pretty accurate.  Parker isn't a threat as he's a three on this s--- team so at the 4 I'd think Lauri will get 30 and then Portis 18.   One of them will probably switch to a small ball 5 for half a dozen minutes a game as well so that's like 34-36 for Lauri and 22-25 for Bobby.

And Bobby ain't shy he's going to get up his shots during his 22-25 minutes.  Just picked him up.  If he's available I would too, he can help you.  Better fantasy than real life player at the moment.

Edited by laurilegend
  • Like 1

I dunno why people makes it so hard. You can pick him up if available. Or don't. Lol.

Edited by MrBean
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, RoyGonzo said:

Wanna bet for bragging rights? I'll take the over on 22 min per game for ROS.

BTW: last year he needed 22:30 mins to put up 13/7/2 with 1.5 stocks

Should be picked up from most 12t upwards IMO

Even if he'll have 22 mins (and I'm skeptical) it's not like last season
He'll play in the second unit with Jabari who is a usage monster
You can't keep compare with last season, everything is different
Now there are Carter, Markkanen is no more a rookie, also Lavine shoot a lot
Forget all the shots (and minutes) Portis had last season

Edited by LosingEffort
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, dfstout said:

Crazy Eyes will help you see the light! :ph34r:

Boylen loves him and he's one of the team leaders.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaahahahahha 
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Funny guy strikes again ! :D  

Edited by Stefan
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, LosingEffort said:

Even if he'll have 22 mins (and I'm skeptical) it's not like last season
He'll play in the second unit with Jabari who is a usage monster
You can't keep compare with last season, everything is different
Now there are Carter, Markkanen is no more a rookie, also Lavine shoot a lot
Forget all the shots (and minutes) Portis had last season

But there was also Mirotic for 25 games, Markannen took already 13 shots per game, Justin Holiday and Lopez each jacked up 10 shots per game, even Denzel Valentin got his.

Let's agree to disagree and revisit this in two months.

Potis4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RoyGonzo said:

But there was also Mirotic for 25 games, Markannen took already 13 shots per game, Justin Holiday and Lopez each jacked up 10 shots per game, even Denzel Valentin got his.

Let's agree to disagree and revisit this in two months.

Potis4.jpg

add to this picture Carter in the same role of Portis, Jabari playing in the second unit with him (and it's hard to deny he's a usage monster) and Markkanen last game took 24 shots (not 13..)

Would you guys rather have RHJ or Portis (thinking long term)?  I feel like RHJ can still turn things around given the time of season, and Portis seems dodgy given what everyone alreay knows re. competition.

1 hour ago, Nica4two said:

Would you guys rather have RHJ or Portis (thinking long term)?  I feel like RHJ can still turn things around given the time of season, and Portis seems dodgy given what everyone alreay knows re. competition.

How long term.. later this year?  dynasty?

10 minutes ago, Big_Man said:

Ah, yes.  I meant just for the year, not dynasty.  My bad for the vagueness.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nica4two said:

Ah, yes.  I meant just for the year, not dynasty.  My bad for the vagueness.

No worries man.  It's pretty close but give me Portis for now.

4 hours ago, Big_Man said:

I probably like Portis more, thinking he can get good minutes at the 4/5.  RHJ doesn't really have an established role, especially once Levert comes back with Joe Harris improving this year.    

So... Bulls had practice today and coach was to make 'em run lines. But then players held players only meeting and the practice was cancelled. Coach said it was by his decision, but sources inside the locker room told reporters it was players call. They obviously didn't buy into Boylens idea of having more conditioning during the season.

It is a mess in Chicago right now. It might come down really ugly soon enough. Boston game was just a prelude!

First game back solid first half. I have both him and Markkanen, feel like I did myself a solid picking him up this morning on the WW

this is what i was talking about. regardless of their depth in bigs, portis will and can still find a way to be useful. decent line in just 9 mins

Edited by MrBean
  • Like 1

Lineup note: Kris Dunn, Bobby Portis targeted to play 24-26 minutes on Thursday according to coach Boylen.

If Bobby hits that mark consistently I am a fool for only picking him up in 1 of my leagues. 

1 hour ago, chud12 said:

Lineup note: Kris Dunn, Bobby Portis targeted to play 24-26 minutes on Thursday according to coach Boylen.

If Bobby hits that mark consistently I am a fool for only picking him up in 1 of my leagues. 

Jabari is out of the rotation according to a report that dropped about a half hour ago.  Portis is going to be a big beneficiary.  He'll probably be getting 28-30 minutes a night on the regular and I can see an average of 12,7,2 with a three or two and a stock or two on fairly good shooting.  Not bad for a guy that was probably on most waiver wires earlier this week.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2018 at 11:27 PM, LosingEffort said:

In what kind of league are you playing?
Unless deepest leagues he's useless because it's unreal to think there's enough minutes to produce
A frontcourt with Markkanen, Carter, Jabari, Lopez (until he's with the team) is too loaded
Even if he can have something like 15 minutes he can't be rosterable in a 12 teams league

:lol:

• Haha 3