jnormy

Keita Bates-Diop 2018-2019 season outlook

Ohio State forward was the 48th pick of the draft by the Timberwolves, which was universally reported in the media as one of the steals of the draft -- some mocks had him going in the first round. Then his fellow rookies confirmed that, officially voting him "Steal of the Draft" in the annual poll of first-year players. (Side note: Donovan Mitchell received the most votes in that category last year.)

I know Thibs usually runs his starters into the ground, but if Butler gets traded, does that open up an opportunity for this guy? Sounds like he's got a versatile, polished game on both ends of the floor, and as an older rookie might be ready to contribute sooner rather than later. Thoughts on KBD for this year and long-term? 

Edited by jnormy

25 minutes ago, jnormy said:

Ohio State forward was the 48th pick of the draft by the Timberwolves, which was universally reported in the media as one of the steals of the draft -- some mocks had him going in the first round. Then his fellow rookies confirmed that, officially voting him "Steal of the Draft" in the annual poll of first-year players. (Side note: Donovan Mitchell received the most votes in that category last year.)

I know Thibs usually runs his starters into the ground, but if Butler gets traded, does that open up an opportunity for this guy? Sounds like he's got a versatile, polished game on both ends of the floor, and as an older rookie might be ready to contribute sooner rather than later. Thoughts on KBD for this year and long-term? 

Terrible landing place for him as Thibs does not play rookies.

So uhhh, thoughts on this cat?  Wolves seem unlikely to make it to the playoffs....no thibs to block pt.....thinking bout dropping giles or bjelica and shootin for upside b4 playoffs begin.

59 minutes ago, PeteM said:

So uhhh, thoughts on this cat?  Wolves seem unlikely to make it to the playoffs....no thibs to block pt.....thinking bout dropping giles or bjelica and shootin for upside b4 playoffs begin.

He's only playing heavy minutes because Wiggins has been out, but Okogie has been nothing special. I'd say he's a must pick up if he starts over Okogie.

What you guys think the chances Wiggins takes the floor Thursday at UTA? I wanna pick up this guy and stream him for that game but not if Wiggins comes back...