Saucy

Nikola Mirotic 2018-2019 Season Outlook

It keeps getting worse...

Nikola Mirotic (ankle) expected to miss some time.

Just now, chud12 said:

It keeps getting worse...

Nikola Mirotic (ankle) expected to miss some time.

I think this time he'll be out for at least a month. He's rested it so many times before and it keeps coming back up.

I hope Will Barton comes back soon

Alvin Gentry told reporters that they’re going to sit Niko Mirotic (ankle) out until he gets healthy. 

Said Mirotic has been trying to play through it and is “a gamer” but it’s not making things better.

1 hour ago, chud12 said:

Did anyone see hoe he hurt his ankle?? Again.. 

He tweaked it yesterday vs. the Pistons. I forget around what minute mark it was at, but he drove and it looked like he landed weird on it by the base of the hoop (forget what this is called). He ended up playing through it so I didn't post and kind of disregarded it. I did not watch tonight's game. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chud12 said:

Alvin Gentry told reporters that they’re going to sit Niko Mirotic (ankle) out until he gets healthy. 

Said Mirotic has been trying to play through it and is “a gamer” but it’s not making things better.

It sucks, especially when you are in a weekly league, but this is a really good thing for Mirotic owners. He clearly hasn't been right. I would much rather see him take time away and get right instead of throwing up inefficient, ugly, and well below his standard lines. It is a long season. A week or two out is not the worst thing. 

• Like 1

Just now, thezing1 said:

It sucks, especially when you are in a weekly league, but this is a really good thing for Mirotic owners. He clearly hasn't been right. I would much rather see him take time away and get right instead of throwing up inefficient, ugly, and well below his standard lines. It is a long season. A week or two out is not the worst thing. 

Yea between getting sick and the ankle, the utter collapse in a week all makes a lot of sense now. 

1 minute ago, chud12 said:

Yea between getting sick and the ankle, the utter collapse in a week all makes a lot of sense now. 

No doubt...whenever there is a crazy outlier event like this there is usually an explanation. Sometimes we hear about it, sometimes we don't. I am not surprised at all. When he just bombs away from 3 with the majority of his shots it was probably a tell that he wasn't feeling very mobile. Also explains why they are going to Randle on a quick trigger. Anyway, no need to do anything crazy....just be patient and wait for news that he is practicing again/playing. 

Feel like his ankle is made of tofu... and who lose 6lbs in two days due to illness!? That could be developed into a new weight lost medicine... man, I hope he's back to his earlier form... should've sold high on him

3 hours ago, chud12 said:

Hopefully ESPN give him the "O" tag sooner rather than later

1 hour ago, JoeDub_Taiwan#1 said:

Feel like his ankle is made of tofu... and who lose 6lbs in two days due to illness!? That could be developed into a new weight lost medicine... man, I hope he's back to his earlier form... should've sold high on him

Never had gastro?

Edited by DamoESP
  • Like 1

Week to week

When he'll be back Pelicans will already be out of playoff race starting Julius no defense Randle

He gave Marcus Morris a career night with 33 points:lol:

6 minutes ago, LosingEffort said:

Week to week

When he'll be back Pelicans will already be out of playoff race starting Julius no defense Randle

He gave Marcus Morris a career night with 33 points:lol:

Don't forget 35 points for Blake, 24/8 for JaMychal Green

1 hour ago, kane said:

already rule out tomorrow

Mirotic looks way better with a beard

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, yeet said:

Mirotic looks way better with a beard

LMAO.  So true.  Any man that can grow a beard that sexy shouldn't be allowed to shave. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, MJtheGOAT said:

LMAO.  So true.  Any man that can grow a beard that sexy shouldn't be allowed to shave. 

5r6SzB.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I traded him in.

I'm on the wagon that believes he can sustain his value from early season. He got unlucky with his ankle and flu. I was willing to pay that price earlier and now got a hefty discount. He will be good, no doubt. They can co-exist and have value at the same time, AD-Randle-Miro that is.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

I traded him in.

I'm on the wagon that believes he can sustain his value from early season. He got unlucky with his ankle and flu. I was willing to pay that price earlier and now got a hefty discount. He will be good, no doubt. They can co-exist and have value at the same time, AD-Randle-Miro that is.

The problem is not exactly in the co-existing. The problem is that Miro from the bench end especially Pels` bench with these players, deff. can`t give even close value to that gave us in first month and a half. He needs space and AD and Jrue give him that in the first unit and needs someone to create for him open shots (they cover this need, too). Even when he is 4 and Randle 5, the system works, because Randle enters with the ball under the basket like raging bull and when he succeeds to take some of the defenders on his back and the others are in front of him, he throws to Miro. But in the second unit, the opposing team knows that he is the best scorer on the court plus the fact that Mirotic can`t create his shot alone, takes us to the place in which we are in the last games - in the hell. Healthy Mirotic from the bench will be better than what we saw from him in the last games, but no chance to bring the value in October or early November. If he re-enter the starting five or/and the bull is traded, than all of us can expect top 40 value ROS. So, pray for that! We, all here, are praying... ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

I traded him in.

Just wondering what did you give. I gave D Lo before the last game straight up. I’m not happy atm with the bench role. Randle getting traded would be amazing but starting lineup would be good enough. 

Just as he opens up space for AD and Jrue, he needs the other two to give him space as well. The second unit cant give him that, defense will just stick to him. Not liking this at all. Trying to ship off, maybe for another slumping shooter like Middleton

23 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

Just as he opens up space for AD and Jrue, he needs the other two to give him space as well. The second unit cant give him that, defense will just stick to him. Not liking this at all. Trying to ship off, maybe for another slumping shooter like Middleton

I’d trade for a Middleton anyway